Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum28/)
-   -   Monte's 95 Build Thread (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1312053-montes-95-build-thread.html)

xmontex4 06-22-2016 09:58 AM

I installed the radio over the weekend...as i type this i realized i have no pictures for some reason but i will take some tonight and post them up. the radio itself is somewhat hard to read however the flip to screen works perfectly and is easy to read. The Bluetooth is super handy so i can answer the phone and still drive lol. It was a paint ot call in to meetings from the truck since i had to shift so often and somehow hold my phone...plus its also nice to just have a radio in general lol.

There is no screen tilt adjust so the radio is not fully seated in the opening and i will have to either make a spacer for the radio to sit out more or notch the dash pad that needs to be repaired anyway.

Strange thing that is happening though maybe you guys can point me in the right direction. When i first installed the radio it didn't work and it ended up that the original fuse was blown so i replaced it and now it works fine...however the speakers did not initially work until i went down a really bumpy road and all o the sudden they just turned on. They will turn off on occasion form bumps and then back on but i have not had them stay off for a long period of time yet, could this be the speakers or the wiring somewhere? I am going to get new speakers as they are cheap and easy to replace, however I want to be sure this will fix it also.

Redneckfordf2502002 06-22-2016 10:43 AM

Very curios to see how this radio works. Have the same exact one going in my mom's 98 expedition and I have never ran boss I have a pioneer in dad's 95 bronco and JVCs in my Colorado and 88 going to put a JVC in my bronco also.
Trav

xmontex4 06-22-2016 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Redneckfordf2502002 (Post 16374810)
Very curios to see how this radio works. Have the same exact one going in my mom's 98 expedition and I have never ran boss I have a pioneer in dad's 95 bronco and JVCs in my Colorado and 88 going to put a JVC in my bronco also.
Trav

I love it, its very handy and i was skeptical of BOSS at first because i am usually a Pioneer guy but the reviews were really good and i decided to bit the bullet at only $120 with all the install accessories included for free.

xmontex4 08-22-2016 06:36 PM

Had a weird issue yesterday on my way to the airport. The radio turned off as if the dude blew but I checked and there was nothing wrong with the fuse. I will have to check the wiring behind it once I get back tomorrow afternoon.

Btw my plan for this truck is to get it reliable enough to be a daily driver. She is very reliable but it is just old. She needs a new rag joint and I joints all the usual wear and tear parts. Before winter I want to do the following:

- POR front half of frame
- SD rear springs
- Front comparable to rear SD spring height lift
- dual stabilizer
- drive shaft ujoints
- steering shaft
- new speakers
- led headlights
- visor w/ 50" bar built in
- clear coat
- paint door jams

I want to make this truck my main winter vehicle but with the steering issues it's sketchy to drive above 30mph with bad bump steer (rag joint).

I also get a weird squeak when moving but it's only in gear, it's like a rotational squeak. I thought it was the brakes or something at first but it only happens after I engage a gear and it gets quicker with speed. Any ideas?

wizkid00104 08-22-2016 06:56 PM

I had a squeak like that in the ranger. It was the u joint at the rear axle. I thought it was brakes as well. Crawl under and twist the shaft with your hands to check for slop.

xmontex4 08-22-2016 08:10 PM

That's what I had thought, thanks I'll have to check that. It doesn't happen in neutral when rolling though which I thought was weird.

xmontex4 08-27-2016 06:07 PM

I'm starting work on the 95 probably next weekend but I ordered a few parts today. I am swapping in the SD rear springs and as part of that I ordered rear 4" lift shocks and a front dual steering stabilizer. I am waiting to order the front end parts until I get the new springs in to see how high the rear is. I am also going to order new ubolts after I get the springs in to see how big I may need them as I am going to remove the stock block.

xmontex4 09-01-2016 07:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got the parts in today, I had enough time to get the stabilizer on and I can already feel the steering wheel firm up. I know this is a bandaid solution but it will allow me to keep use the truck without fear of the wheel jerking around while I drive. I will be rebuilding the steering after I install the new steering shaft. Tomorrow is the rear SD spring swap and shocks install.

wizkid00104 09-02-2016 06:06 AM

Very nice. I can imagine that would tighten the steering up a hair..... which reminds me that I need to put a new one of those on the F250. I have been contemplating putting one on my Ranger for years...... but never have lol.

xmontex4 09-02-2016 06:54 AM

Yeah lol, gonna take her for a ride this morning and see how much better the steering is while driving I'll update you guys later today!

xmontex4 10-09-2016 07:14 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Got a little work on the truck this weekend before it started raining today, I got the two bedsides clear coated and it looks 100x better. I also got the old SD steering wheel in between coats lol

Steering wheel:
Attachment 213000

Painted Sd Bullbar for the F150
Attachment 213001

First coat (light coat):
Attachment 213002

Second coat (light coat):
Attachment 213003

Third Coat (medium wet):
Attachment 213004

Can kinda see the difference in this pic:
http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/u...psobbrnyfw.jpg

The clear really hides the bondo on the fenders well and makes the truck look so much better than the matte finish left over form the black paint.

xmontex4 10-17-2016 09:36 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Repaired the drum brake yesterday and god damn it took a while lol. The retainer spring plate fell off somehow and then the adjuster was rattlign around and apparently they dont sell the adjuster so i am going to have to find one online so most of my day was spent getting that back on and "adjusted".

opened her up and found this:
Attachment 212607
Attachment 212608
Attachment 212609

Redneckfordf2502002 10-17-2016 08:03 PM

List: Search for 'brake self adjuster repair kit' | O'Reilly Auto Parts

That is for my 88 but they are the same they just don't sell it separately from those springs
Trav

xmontex4 10-17-2016 09:04 PM

Awesome thanks trav! I have an orients a little way away from me but I'm pumped they are opening up one literally les than a quarter mile from my house it will be a 3 minute walk lol.

Redneckfordf2502002 10-18-2016 07:09 AM

Ya I work right next door to the O'Reilly in my town. I go there for everything for my trucks and know pretty much everyone there.

Trav