Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum31/)
-   -   recommended source for injectors (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1308073-recommended-source-for-injectors.html)

Red454sedgwick 04-06-2014 10:33 PM

recommended source for injectors

Did a quick search, did find anything.
I'm' looking for a good set of new or reman stock injectors and a set of upgraded to gain some pulling power.
also what is a good affordable additive so that the low sulfur fuel wont mess them up
last turbo back exhaust to help with egts

BigAlsPSD 04-06-2014 11:16 PM

Try browsing Clay's site RIFFRAFF FORD DIESEL PERFORMANCE PARTS best pricing and quality stuff in my opinion you'll find, he sells New Alliant, as well as FullForce Diesel rebuilds.

Other shops for injector builds I would recommend would be Rosewood Diesel, Swamps, or Performance Injection Systems(P.I.S) There are a few others but these have good reputations. Personally I like the fullforce.

I run powerservice products, white winter bottle, and grey summer plus I add ashless 2-stroke oil for lubricity.

scotttahoe 04-07-2014 12:01 AM

How often do you add the 2-stroke oil to your tank?

Stewart_H 04-07-2014 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by Red454sedgwick (Post 14238507)
Did a quick search, did find anything.

What search term did you use, "HPOP?" :-missingt ;) :-X04

All joking aside, there's a TON of injector info out there to be found with a search. :-X22

Stewart :-drink

jetdoc 04-07-2014 03:48 AM

I can't stress this enough....go NEW. If you can't afford new wait save the money and then buy new. I wasted money on a set of remans and personally I could care less what kind of warranty they offer. I have better things to do with my time than swap out injectors.

2 stroke man 2 04-07-2014 04:07 AM

After a series of unfortunate events with swamps, I ordered my last set through advance auto parts. They are borg Warner reman. The computer had them listed at a crazy price, but I got them around $130 each because I like to haggle like that. We put them in on Saturday. I'm anxious to see about the long haul.

jetdoc 04-07-2014 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by 2 stroke man 2 (Post 14238789)
After a series of unfortunate events with swamps, I ordered my last set through advance auto parts. They are borg Warner reman. The computer had them listed at a crazy price, but I got them around $130 each because I like to haggle like that. We put them in on Saturday. I'm anxious to see about the long haul.

. Clay sells new AC Alliants for 213 bucks.....this is what I'm trying to stress to the OP. Do the job right the first time and be done with it.

2 stroke man 2 04-07-2014 04:41 AM

I went reman because these trucks have been rough on me this winter.

My 6.0 dropped a rod at 70k and also had to have a hpop, my 99 dually has had injectors, turbo, valve cover wiring harnesses, icp, ipr, cam sensor, glow plugs, complete new brakes, 4x4 hubs and shift motor, tires, hpop, and some other stuff. So when my 01 got sick, I did tighten the belt.

jetdoc 04-07-2014 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by 2 stroke man 2 (Post 14238805)
I went reman because these trucks have been rough on me this winter.

My 6.0 dropped a rod at 70k and also had to have a hpop, my 99 dually has had injectors, turbo, valve cover wiring harnesses, icp, ipr, cam sensor, glow plugs, complete new brakes, 4x4 hubs and shift motor, tires, hpop, and some other stuff. So when my 01 got sick, I did tighten the belt.

I feel your pain...I replaced the whole front end on mine and springs etc..When it all said and done a little over 3k....

Dan V 04-07-2014 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by jetdoc (Post 14238780)
I can't stress this enough....go NEW......... I have better things to do with my time than swap out injectors.

What he said ^

Red454sedgwick 04-07-2014 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Stewart_H (Post 14238755)
What search term did you use, "HPOP?" :-missingt ;) :-X04

All joking aside, there's a TON of injector info out there to be found with a search. :-X22

Stewart :-drink

My search was only on this site, "good source for injectors"
that only brought up all the treads that mention injector

Y2KW57 04-07-2014 11:27 AM

For those who have had problems with reman injectors, did these guys rebuild them?

If you survived and recovered from laughter, head shaking, shock, awe, good music, country boy talk (NSFW), great visuals on 7.3L injector components, and genuine fear of who is actually rebuilding the injectors you buy on some of these niche diesel speed sites, then here is part 2 of the video above:

(Caution: these videos, while on topic, do have a helping of typical "shop talk" that may not be safe for work, depending on where you work.)

Stewart_H 04-07-2014 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by jetdoc (Post 14238780)
I can't stress this enough....go NEW.

That's extremely limiting. The OP might want a nice set of hybrids after all is said and done.

Originally Posted by Red454sedgwick (Post 14239409)
My search was only on this site, "good source for injectors"
that only brought up all the treads that mention injector

Not enough smilies?

I was just joshing with you. ;)

There's a ton of injector info out there, but a person would have to weed through the ton just to get find the specific info they're looking for. :-jammin

Stewart

Dan V 04-07-2014 12:28 PM

Stewart.....can still have a "new" hybrid.

Stewart_H 04-07-2014 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Dan V (Post 14239772)
Stewart.....can still have a "new" hybrid.

That animal never existed.

Hybrids were never "made" as defined by the terms factory original (new from Alliant) vs. remanned.

I don't know it like the back of my hand, but in a nutshell, in order to make a hybrid stick, you take the plunger and barrel from a B code injector and stick it into an A code injector.

Hybrids were never available from injector manufacturers like Alliant. It's something diesel enthusiasts created.

Stewart