Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2015 - 2020 F150 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum276/)
-   -   2015 f150 at Calgary International Auto Show (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1303523-2015-f150-at-calgary-international-auto-show.html)

Soko179 03-15-2014 09:02 AM

2015 f150 at Calgary International Auto Show

Well after I saw the launch on youtube from Detroit I had to and see it for myself so I made the trip to Calgary to check it out. I talked to one of the ford reps about it and I found out a few things that some can put an end to about all of the speculation(s). So here is what I found out:

- The body is 1.5" wider
- The towing capacity will be increased significantly due to the frame being stronger (he said super duty strong with the weight reduction in the aluminum)
- The raptor is out for 2015 and maybe for 2016 but it will come back after the svt team revamp it(new truck new suspension this is why)
- The small back window might be an option it might not be he really did not know

I will put up pictures later if everyone wants to see them. If you have more questions please ask I might have an answer; and no I do not know the mpg for the new truck.

daytomann 03-15-2014 10:07 AM

There was one at our local show as well. It received a very lukewarm response. Being that we are in the belt buckle of truck country. It's very concerning and frustrating to the local dealerships who worked the show.

Randall1984 03-15-2014 08:36 PM

Wow, I had my hopes up for a bit more. I am not sure how to soak all this in. I do not know if I will wait on the 15's or go ahead and get a 14. Still to many questions I guess or I just have not seen enough of it yet. Keeping my fingers crossed anyway.

elemint 03-16-2014 04:51 PM

What are you talking about? Your hopes are that the masses like the truck? What about YOU? I don't care if the entire planet finds something ugly if I like it.

Originally Posted by Randall1984 (Post 14167740)
Wow, I had my hopes up for a bit more. I am not sure how to soak all this in. I do not know if I will wait on the 15's or go ahead and get a 14. Still to many questions I guess or I just have not seen enough of it yet. Keeping my fingers crossed anyway.

tseekins 03-17-2014 05:44 AM

Ford did announce that it will produce the 14's and 15's together for a spell so the buying public can make a choice. If that's the case, the '14's will likely be sold as Heritage trucks like when Ford went from the 2003 to 2004 bodies.

Randall1984 03-17-2014 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by elemint (Post 14169969)
What are you talking about? Your hopes are that the masses like the truck? What about YOU? I don't care if the entire planet finds something ugly if I like it.

Whoa, I buy what I like, masses be danged. This is probably the second time I have had a chance to get a half way good look at it. You might notice I am new to the forum. I try to keep up, but work, grandkids etc,etc. So I guess un like the masses, I will have my own opinion after I get to sit in one. But one thing I will say, is I wanted a 6.2 and it is not avail in a 15. Looks good, added features are nice. Quite frankly I have been looking at the SD's more closely. I am driving an 05 right now, so I have a bit of catching up to do. However I am glad you like it, no matter if I do or not.
Its all good.

Randall1984 03-17-2014 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by tseekins (Post 14171359)
Ford did announce that it will produce the 14's and 15's together for a spell so the buying public can make a choice. If that's the case, the '14's will likely be sold as Heritage trucks like when Ford went from the 2003 to 2004 bodies.

That's good news, It seems I remember something like that when I bought my 05 new, and really liked the new design. My 78, 84, 88, and 89 were 3 different styles. The 84 was my favorite next to my 05. The steep bull look was not, but it was a good truck.
I need to research a bit on the 5.0. I am sure there is a lot here. As well as the EB.

seventyseven250 03-17-2014 08:53 PM

Soko, glad to hear you saw this thing in person. I didn't make it to the auto show. Drop by the Alberta chapter, it's a quiet little spot, but it's got a few of the local Ford folks.