Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1999 to 2016 Super Duty (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum30/)
-   -   Looking to beef up suspension (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1302657-looking-to-beef-up-suspension.html)

diehardstroker 03-10-2014 06:35 PM

Looking to beef up suspension

alright 2000 Ford F250 4x4, looking to beef up the suspension a little bit, ive got stiffer leaf springs up front from my plow attachment so the truck sits level. im looking at doing dual shocks in the front and possibly a hellwig rear sway bar in the rear, and OUO bolt on traction bars, and also replacing the steering stabilizer.

anybody have any advice on kits or shocks? ive been looking at Rancho 7000's for shocks up front and Rough country's dual front shock kit. ive also seen Icon's dual front shock kits but there pretty pricey, i also need to replace the steering stabilizer, Icon is a little pricey at 160 bucks vs a stabilizer from Rancho is 55.

I plow with it and do quite a bit of off-roading for work and its time I do some upgrades. It also sees quite a bit of road time as well. tows and hauls, nothing to heavy but heavy enough to make her squat.

any help or advice is appreciated, thanks.

ATS Junior 03-11-2014 07:34 AM

Do you think a Heavy Duty spring compared to what you have in the rear right now would help. I know you said you don't tow/haul that much weight but enough to make the truck squat.

-Junior

diehardstroker 03-11-2014 09:24 AM

ive thought about a couple things, heavier spring, like you said, air bags which would probably be a little overkill, and i came across a dual shock kit for the rear from rough country. I don't know much about this suspension stuff, like who to stay away from and who has good quality stuff. id like the dual shocks in the front for off-road purposes and to help support the plow in the winter. something I didnt mention in the original post, was thoughts on a dual stabilizer, I've had a few guys with plows recommend a dual set-up to me.

The front end is a little more of a priority for me than the rear, but definitely would like to limit the squat, I wonder if just a stiffer shock in the rear would help, ive got Monroe shocks right now and there not the greatest... I hit the bump stops ,in the front, fairly often at work. sorry for the long winded posts.

SuperDutyScaler 03-11-2014 04:28 PM

first the front dual shock kit will KILL THE RIDE! its wont help anything but make your teeth fall out.
second you can do the F350 rear block upgrade first, very cheap and easy to do. This will give you about two inches higher in the rear and give your springs more movement to hold weight. YES our stock rear springs are progressive:-jammin

SuperDutyScaler 03-11-2014 04:29 PM

on my F350 i installed a custom made long add a leaf, and the top overload and rear overload i switched in favor of a set from a F350 dually because they are thicker and stronger than the weak ones Ford puts on the SRW trucks

diehardstroker 03-11-2014 05:06 PM

not really worried about the ride, she takes a beating off-road, wiped out my monroe shocks in 6 months, i hate hitting the bump stops, and i go through shocks like crazy on these crappy michigan roads and the amount of off-road stuff she sees.

so rear leaf springs off of a dually?