Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Oklahoma Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum92/)
-   -   okc area body help (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/129193-okc-area-body-help.html)

okiebronco 06-27-2003 11:57 AM

okc area body help

hi all, was just curious if anyone here in the okc area has any body repair or paint experience. my truck doesnt need much other than the hood and tailgate which im replacing. but im looking for some help with minor body work and then hopefully painting it. the shops ive visited have all told me they wont touch it for under $4000 dollars for a paint job but i have a feeling its just because its a older truck. any help would be appreciated

78truckpower429 06-28-2003 01:20 AM

okc area body help

hey bud..where all have you checked for the paint and things ..i have a little knowledge on body work but when it comes to painting anything i have a couple of buddys that do that task i could ask them what they would charge do do that work if you like but what kinda time frame are you looking for ..and do you have a place to paint it ..?? big things that whats holding me back is a place to paint mine im haveing one of them paint mine as soon as i get the parts and time to leave it sit for awhile ..but take it easy..by the way did you get my email on the bed..?

okiebronco 06-30-2003 11:20 AM

okc area body help

i just checked a few places around here( del city) im not in a hurry or anything i just would like it done before winter comes. hell it dont even have to be fancy just something to protect the mostly rust free body as far as a place to paint it my truck is too big to fit in the garage so i dont have a palce to do it either.. oh btw i sent a reply to your email about the bed

78truckpower429 06-30-2003 11:31 AM

okc area body help

yeah i got the reply to the email..well if you say it donesnt need to be pretty ..how about spray on bedliners...lol...and you can pick up the spray gun and beliner at oreillys but that stuff is about forty bucks a gallon..not to bad ..works good to...i did the underneath side of a buddys car and the interior under the carpet and we used about two gallons but he wanted it on thick..just a thought...also if it minor body work .i could show you the basics that i know....but thats about all i know..lol..anyways take it easy

okiebronco 06-30-2003 02:33 PM

okc area body help

hmmm thats actually tempting... do you ever get in the mid/del area?

78truckpower429 06-30-2003 11:48 PM

okc area body help

yeah sometimes...just shoot me a time thats good for you and and ill see if its good for me

SafetyBob507 07-01-2003 11:52 PM

okc area body help

Don't laugh to hard....but have you talked to Macco? One of my co-workers has had two vehicles (85 Chevy shortbed pickup, and 89 full sized van) painted with polyurathane paint at Macco, and they have come out good. And the price was good too.

okiebronco 07-02-2003 03:42 PM

okc area body help

hmm not really. i guess it couldnt hurt to get a price from them. part of the reason people are quoting such high prices is im changing colors of the vehicle.

DOHC 07-03-2003 06:51 AM

okc area body help

Have you thought about jamming it out yourself ? If you do that it will reduce the price alot and if you are putting new door seals on it's a pretty easy job if you have a air compressor.

Just a thought there.

Norman Body Works does good work but are loaded up with work alll the time and the wait list is long

okiebronco 07-03-2003 01:47 PM

okc area body help

norman body works hmmm im nto worried about wait time. as long as the people dont require me to buy my own jar of vasaline before they tell me the price it will cost.

also where is a good place to buy auto paint at in okc area?

JackDonkey 07-13-2003 02:45 PM

okc area body help

i know a guy that lives in Del city that does really good body work but i know he is always really busy. depending on how much you are willing to pay he can probably do the body work and put a good primer coat on it

rogerf100 07-16-2003 07:58 AM

okc area body help

I used Maaco to have my 1976 F250 painted. They did a good job for $450, no body work though, just sanding. You can see pics at http://www.clubfte.com/users/rogerf100/index.html page 6

It was the shop on I240 near Shields.

okiebronco 07-17-2003 10:58 AM

okc area body help

thanks for the extra help. anyway i could get a name and number of the del city guy?