Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Arkansas Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum175/)
-   -   Welcome to the chapter: Elite Lawn (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1288975-welcome-to-the-chapter-elite-lawn.html)

tojoski 01-04-2014 11:08 AM

Welcome to the chapter: Elite Lawn

Welcome, the first new member for 2014: Elite Lawn

Does your username mean that you have a lawn care business?

Elite Lawn 01-04-2014 11:56 AM

Thank you, tojoski! It is a pleasure to be here. Yes I do own/operate a small lawn care biz in the Benton/Bryant/Bauxite area.
Never driven Fords until last year. I always liked them, but when it came time to deal, something always happened for whatever reason. Drove a lot of Toyotas and GM products. Last spring my wife traded a Sienna van on a 2013 Ford XLT last spring while I continued to drive a 2005 Toyota Tundra. Never been happier with a vehicle than we were with the F150. However, life, jobs and driving demands changed so we traded the F150 and Tundra in for a 2014 Ford Fusion and a 2014 Ford F250 XL. Never bought two new vehicles at one time. Interesting experience. Don't know if I would recommend it. But sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.
Thanks again for welcoming me here.

[IMG]http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/...psfef55092.jpg[/IMG]
http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/...ps822634df.jpg

zhilton 01-04-2014 05:28 PM

Welcome to the chapter:-wink By all means, feel free to join us in the monthly threads...it might get quite at times...but there's usually some interesting stuff in them.

What do you have under the hood of that Fusion? Sister/Brother-in-law just purchased one with a naturally aspirated 2.0L and I was impressed. I can only imagine what the EcoBoost version is like.

Elite Lawn 01-04-2014 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by zhilton (Post 13915104)
Welcome to the chapter:-wink By all means, feel free to join us in the monthly threads...it might get quite at times...but there's usually some interesting stuff in them.

What do you have under the hood of that Fusion? Sister/Brother-in-law just purchased one with a naturally aspirated 2.0L and I was impressed. I can only imagine what the EcoBoost version is like.

Thank you, zhilton for the welcome. Our Fusion has the smaller 1.5L with EcoBoost. What little I have driven it, there seems to be some power there. But there also seems to be some powerband lagging there as well. But in all fairness haven't asked much GO of it. But my wife really likes it. Different than driving an F150 with 5.0L but she drives 50+ miles everyday so Fusion makes more sense. Has just over 1000 miles and computer is saying it is getting almost 26. Pretty good number. We originally looked at the Fusion Hybrid, but the inevitable battery replacement cost scared us away. Plus they had this one in Tuxedo Black which sealed the deal. Her F150 was also Tuxedo Black and IMO is the best black paint on the road, hands down, no contest. Hard to look at in other colors, especially when dealership has free carwash.

F250W6.0 01-04-2014 06:15 PM

Welcome Elite nice to see some newer folks in here, even though you prolly know more than I do about trucks and such. LOL
But I am learning thanks to the patience of these guys on here.

F250W6.0 01-04-2014 06:17 PM

Get together

Joe Is there going to be a rally or sumfin this year?
:-jammin

zhilton 01-05-2014 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Elite Lawn (Post 13915206)
Thank you, zhilton for the welcome. Our Fusion has the smaller 1.5L with EcoBoost. What little I have driven it, there seems to be some power there. But there also seems to be some powerband lagging there as well. But in all fairness haven't asked much GO of it. But my wife really likes it. Different than driving an F150 with 5.0L but she drives 50+ miles everyday so Fusion makes more sense. Has just over 1000 miles and computer is saying it is getting almost 26. Pretty good number. We originally looked at the Fusion Hybrid, but the inevitable battery replacement cost scared us away. Plus they had this one in Tuxedo Black which sealed the deal. Her F150 was also Tuxedo Black and IMO is the best black paint on the road, hands down, no contest. Hard to look at in other colors, especially when dealership has free carwash.

Yeah the free carwash would have been must with a black car. My dark blue truck is hard to keep clean. I'm convinced the smell of RainX and Armour-all causes the birds in my area to get the runs.:-X16 I thought I goofed when I said 2.0L EB...so I just went and looked...who knew Ford offers three(!) different turbocharged engines in the Fusion? Talk about opitions for the gearheads. We purchased our little Focus June 2012 so my wife could commute to her office (48 miles one way)...so I know what you mean about stacking the miles on 'em. If I would have had it to do all over again, we would have gone with an EcoBoost powered Escape or Fusion...just for the room. The Focus is too small for me on a road trip; through it's awesome around town. I haven't followed the EcoBoost engines that much...but I wonder if your power lag might be something simular to the turbolag the 6.0L is known for if you pin the skinny pedal to the floor too fast? Maybe rolling into it will gain you more power...faster?:confused:

Elite Lawn 01-05-2014 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by zhilton (Post 13917591)
I haven't followed the EcoBoost engines that much...but I wonder if your power lag might be something simular to the turbolag the 6.0L is known for if you pin the skinny pedal to the floor too fast? Maybe rolling into it will gain you more power...faster?:confused:

zhilton, the next time I drive the Fusion and have the opportunity I will try stabbing and rolling the pedal to determine if there is a performance difference. Any excuse to GO is good with me.