Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Georgia Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum82/)
-   -   January 2014 Chat Thread (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1288314-january-2014-chat-thread.html)

ChiefM 01-01-2014 12:10 PM

January 2014 Chat Thread

Happy New Years Everyone!!!

I did not make it till midnight last night, I guess my old age is catching up with me. I hope everyone has a great new year !!!!:-jammin

Rainy and overcast here but we are continuing to drive on with packing and getting ready to upcoming training events.

Grubbworm 01-02-2014 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by ChiefM (Post 13902776)

I did not make it till midnight last night, I guess my old age is catching up with me. I hope everyone has a great new year !!!!:-jammin

Rainy and overcast here but we are continuing to drive on with packing and getting ready to upcoming training events.

Happy New Year to everyone. Like you, I did not make it to midnight either.

Southern Bronco 01-03-2014 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by ChiefM (Post 13902776)

Happy New Year. We didn't make it either. Weather Channel say it's 32 degrees here, but its sunny.

IB Tim 01-05-2014 11:48 AM

Good morning everyone...how's your 2014 going? Here's to making this year something special...

ChiefM 01-06-2014 08:54 PM

Hey Guys !!
Well very cold here in Louisiana. It did not get out the 30's today. In the lower 20's right now so it looks like a very cold night again tonight. A few more days of training here and we head back to Mississippi and get ready to fly over. I will be glad when we are done with training and finally get over there and get to work. Hope everyone is having a great new years so far.

Grubbworm 01-07-2014 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by ChiefM (Post 13924013)
Hey Guys !!
Well very cold here in Louisiana. It did not get out the 30's today. In the lower 20's right now so it looks like a very cold night again tonight. A few more days of training here and we head back to Mississippi and get ready to fly over. I will be glad when we are done with training and finally get over there and get to work. Hope everyone is having a great new years so far.

Don't feel bad there Chief, the thermometer here says the temp is 5 @ 9:40am.

ChiefM 01-12-2014 12:26 PM

Hey everyone!!!
Well we are back in Mississippi and all the required training is finally completed !!! I have all my clothes/ equipment washed and packed. I can't give out an exact date/ time but we are flying soon. I am sorry I have been in and out for the last few months but I should be able to be fully engaged on here when we get over there and we get set up. Not so sure I am looking forward to it, average forecast is low of 16 and high of 36. I am not a winter loving type of guy. Of course thats about what it been here and there in Georgia.

The tablet I got for Xmas started messing up, good thing there was best buy close and I was able to get a replacement testerday. I was finally able to watch a football game last night, nice. I have a list and a plan to buy some stuff I need for the truck while I am over there and have it waiting for me when I get home. Well I am heading to gym to work out and then watch another game this afternoon. You all take care and talk to you soon.

IB Tim 01-12-2014 02:27 PM

Good afternoon Georgia folks...hope your weekend is relaxing, maybe some football?

ChiefM 01-13-2014 10:08 AM

Hey guys,
Well it is raining here.. go figure. We are tying up some last minute loose ends before we head out.

Southern Bronco 01-14-2014 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by ChiefM (Post 13948566)
Hey guys,
Well it is raining here.. go figure. We are tying up some last minute loose ends before we head out.

Finally cleared up this afternoon, Weather Channel says its suppose to get cold again this weekend. Chief be safe out there.

ChiefM 01-17-2014 03:34 AM

Hey guys!
We are finally in Kyrgyzstan. It was a very long flight. It was 11 degrees and snow on the ground. We are not at our final destination yet but we are alto closer than they were. Hope everyone is doing good. I sure do miss home already. I will try and post some pics when we finally get into Afghanistan.

ChiefM 01-17-2014 07:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone,
I have attached a picture of the fine snow he have here in the former republic of Russia. Sure am missing the winter back at home!!! You all take care and talk to you soon.

Southern Bronco 01-18-2014 09:56 AM

You do the same. We'll keep ya'll in our prayers.

ChiefM 01-18-2014 08:42 PM

Thanks Bronco,
I will be just fine. We will be getting to our final destination soon. Being in transit really bites and I have a pretty good room and set up waiting for me when I get there.

IB Tim 01-19-2014 10:08 AM

Good morning Georgia...what's the plan for today? I'm going to sit in front of the TV, snack and cheer for great games.