Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1999 to 2016 Super Duty (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum30/)
-   -   Transmission problems? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/128392-transmission-problems.html)

HIROLLN 06-24-2003 11:34 AM

Transmission problems?

Has anyone heard of tranny problems with 2002 trucks? I had a MAJOR problem and am wondering if anyone else has heard of probs????????

hobert 06-24-2003 08:52 PM

Transmission problems?

What happened? My OD light flashed the other week and after I shut the truck off it never came on since. I had the dealer change the fluid, filter, and check for codes. They didn't find any codes so they did the fluid and filter under warenty for me. I haven't had a problem since.

nafzimo 06-24-2003 10:08 PM

Transmission problems?

Uh oh. What was the major problem? I just installed my Sonnax and Tricumulator springs. I have (had) about 10K left on the warranty.

butchoh 06-25-2003 07:45 AM

Transmission problems?

I don't have a 2002 but my late production 2001 has (had?) all the upgrades that the 2002s had accourding to my dealer. Trans gave not hint of troubles until it absolutlely disintigrated when shifting into OD a few months ago at 62,000 miles, Newer models are supposably upgraded again. The new trans installation included new lines and routing, a different style cooler and an additional exterior filter.

HIROLLN 06-25-2003 11:25 AM

Transmission problems?

Yeah well my tranny case shattered! 8000 miles on the truck! have no clue why. I am looking into it as we speek!

tankhead 06-25-2003 11:34 AM

Transmission problems?

WHAT! Thats the first I've heard. Wouldn't be of concern to my truck but is that common?

And I though I had truck problems! Sorry to hear of your situation!

Fredvon4 06-25-2003 04:09 PM

Transmission problems?

HIROLLN
Yeah well my tranny case shattered! 8000 miles on the truck! have no clue why. I am looking into it as we speek

Has anyone heard of tranny problems with 2002 trucks? I had a MAJOR problem and am wondering if anyone else has heard of probs????????

Come on man? You gonna leave us thinking that a 4R100 just blowed up sitting in the driveway?

Waxy 06-25-2003 04:23 PM

Transmission problems?

Put the truck back to stock before you go to Ford and hope that no one squeals on you.

I would point the finger at the lift myself, so you can imagine what Ford gonna say.

Transmissions don't just "blow up" for no reason.

Waxy

89CrewCab 06-25-2003 05:00 PM

Transmission problems?

Originally posted by Waxy
Put the truck back to stock before you go to Ford and hope that no one squeals on you.
I would point the finger at the lift myself, so you can imagine what Ford gonna say.
Transmissions don't just "blow up" for no reason.
Waxy

They would have to prove the lift caused the transmission failure.
See www.sema.org

Waxy 06-25-2003 05:08 PM

Transmission problems?

Obviously none of us know the details, but depending on the actual damage, I'm guessing it wouldn't be too hard for Ford to make a pretty strong case for the lift being the culprit.

Besides, why take the chance.

Waxy

HIROLLN 06-26-2003 10:54 AM

Transmission problems?

The ONLY reason I posted this was to findout if anyone has heard of tranny problems on the 2002 trucks............ I am not an IDIOT and know that everyone will blame this bull**** on the lift. Thank you my question was answered!

hookspacken 06-26-2003 01:03 PM

Transmission problems?

WOW, chill out man. No need to get all snappy.

Waxy 06-26-2003 01:07 PM

Transmission problems?

Originally posted by HIROLLN
The ONLY reason I posted this was to findout if anyone has heard of tranny problems on the 2002 trucks............ I am not an IDIOT and know that everyone will blame this bull**** on the lift. Thank you my question was answered!
Glad I could help.:confused:

(note to self - in the future, ignore HIROLLN's posts, he's not an idiot, he already knows the answer)

Waxy

HIROLLN 06-26-2003 01:53 PM

Transmission problems?

that was directed at fredvon4 only
I appreciate all of your input .....except from some smartass!

Waxy- I respect your comments I did not mean that towards you in any way.

CO4x4SD 06-26-2003 02:00 PM

Transmission problems?

Where did it shatter? Bellhousing, output or where the x-member is?