Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio & Video Systems, Navigation, Satellite Radio & Mobile Electronics (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum60/)
-   -   Audiophile Sound System (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/128118-audiophile-sound-system.html)

velezr 06-23-2003 11:39 AM

Audiophile Sound System

There is an upgrade on the sound system to a Audiophile Sound System. It includes a 300 watts system, two way speakers and subwoofer.

Any one on this site has lisening to it? Does it sounds good? What can you tell me about it?

PrPlayboy 06-23-2003 02:14 PM

Audiophile Sound System

It sounds real good for what it is. It is/was in my SUV. The front speakers are impressive for being 25watts. The sub really helps the sound but you cant control it. If you dont want anything aftermarket than that would be the way to go. Dont be fool tho in thinking "factory sub" as a nice booming system. My JL 5x7's bass hits harder then the sub.

mwaspen 11-28-2009 04:29 PM

I purchased an 08' fx4 crewcab, and the sub/amp under the back seat was dealer installed but has no sound coming out of it. I brought it back to the dealer and they said that the stock radio is not compatible with the sub. Someone must have swapped the upgraded sterio for a stock one. The sub/amp has power going to it and the wires are just hanging in the back. My question is would the AM-FM 6 cd stereo model # 7L3T-18C815-EG be compatible with the sub model # 7L3T-18C804-BA

11secdsm 11-29-2009 10:15 AM

If you just bought it, take it back to the dealer you bought it from and have them fix it.

Some pics would help me figure out what's going on as well. Take some pics of the amp/sub area as well as what's going on behind the radio.

mwaspen 11-29-2009 06:27 PM

The problem is is that everythig works, so it's technicaly not a warrenty issue. The stock radio works fine and the sub/amp has power running through it but with no sound because it isn't compatible with my radio. I called the dealer I bought the truck from and there giving me the same old BS. If they found the problem prior to me buying it they would have fixed it. They just do'nt want to give me an upgraded radio which costs $650 which they probably swapped out in the first place.

Stats 03-09-2010 03:27 PM

I'm in a similar situation. The dealer told me I had the Audiophile system. In my ignorance, I thought he was just referring to the 6-Disk Changer, it does not have it. I have been trying to find a salvaged truck to gut the harness and Head Unit out of. I tried going back to the dealer. Said they would recommend a local aftermarket shop. I'm trying to keep it all stock tho. Anyone have suggestions?

mwaspen 03-09-2010 05:22 PM

radio

I have learned to deal with the radio problem. If you find a truck with a stereo let me know if they have a ford drivers side mirror(power only). My mirror was clipped by a truck and I bought an aftermarket part. The mirror sucks! I don't mind spending 50 or 60 bucks but the ford mirrors are going for $185 or more. Look on ebay, craigslist and all that crap for the radio, thats what I did for a while until I gave up. Good luck and let me know If you find a wrecker that we can tget some parts off of.