Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tennessee Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum95/)
-   -   ROCKTOBER 2013 Keep on Truckin' chat in Tennessee (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1270757-rocktober-2013-keep-on-truckin-chat-in-tennessee.html)

Greywolf 10-01-2013 12:27 PM

ROCKTOBER 2013 Keep on Truckin' chat in Tennessee

Hoots, hollers, and just about anythang... :-wink

Greywolf 10-01-2013 12:29 PM

(carried over from the end of last month)

I was worried about getting paid at all - thanks to the ghetto monger we have in the white house. Funds didn't show online until this morning...

Theo - actually I was hoping Rufie's temperament would make the pups more mellow and laid back :-innocent

MARK: You have seeds on the way to you, I included some Anaheim Chili and Banana Pepper seeds

~ I also got a good sized packet sent off to arctic y block up there in Alaska

ROGER: It just needs to dry out a bit, and it looks like a load of centipede grass seed is ready to gather up! :-X22
You can tell it from the other grass because its a lot thicker looking, and the seed tops have three big branches instead of four or five smaller ones
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...uSUJz2N_aYWzhQ
http://www.saguaro-juniper.com/i_and...agrass_lge.jpg
~Second image is bigger than I'd have liked...

The bermuda is the second pic, and you can see how rasty it gets to look too

~In both pics tho, you can see exactly what parts the seed drops from. As I have said... The seed heads look like old fashioned TV antennas ;)
* I think that type of array is called a YAGI

A part of the usefulness of this info is that you can collect seeds from grass by wiping or swatting seeds from the seed heads into a wide tray, and then scattering on bare spots, then raking it into the soil
*This works MUCH FASTER than transplanting PLUGS, and you can restore a larger area quickly

*GREEN KNOWLEGE*
If you have an out of the way area where your best grass grows well - it can become a "Grass Seed Farm" to harvest seeds from to thicken less healthy parts of the lawn.
Let a few square yards grow to seed height, then harvest seeds.
CUT IT immediately to just under that depth - about four inches. (This prevents any weeds from taking hold)
- then let it grow seeds again

CLINT-THE-GREAT 10-01-2013 09:37 PM

Evening Dutch, Mac, Theo and TN!!!

-The Great

theologian 10-02-2013 12:09 AM

Things are looking up - we wandered into a Goodwill store today, on 11W, and discovered an eight piece seventies real wood living room set - sofa, two end tables, rocking chair, easy chair, coffee table and matching lamp.. It is in perfect condition, no scratches, no damage, heavy as hell, and looks straight out of the seventies, orange covers and all.. It was the massive price of $179.97, which with tax worked out less than $200. We now have furniture in the living room, so don't need to sit on camping chairs to watch TV. That makes life worth while.

Sissy wanted Direct TV, so we got it yesterday, and by today I was fed up with it. The adverts are intrusive and pointless, so it may not last long. We got a DVR box so can record shows and fast jump through the adverts so that isn't too bad - only thing is, there doesn't seem to be much on worth watching. BBC America has nothing on except re-run shows, and not all of them are even British. Oh well, Sissy is happy.

We may have a buyer for the Washington house - if it appraises for the offer amount we have a sale and we are way better off. Hopefully it will all work out ok.

Somebody is messing with the Cabin - I will need to spend a day or two out there and catch who ever it is.. There is nothing in the place, but there is now a gate damaged, a couple of doors to outhouses left open.... No sign of any interest in that place - I am not surprised - I wouldn't live there, so why would anyone else. Fortunately the mortgage payment ain't near as high as the Washington house..

If I didn't have so much debt I would be well off..

macgiobuin 10-02-2013 07:49 AM

Thanks, Wolf!
Theo, maybe that person "Messing" with the cabin would be interested in buying it....

It is Wednesday! Hope everyone has a great day!

Greywolf 10-02-2013 12:37 PM

It's probably a homeless person or some fool kids that think the whole place is abandoned

I wouldn't be suprised to find out it was a bunch of local dope heads

theologian 10-02-2013 06:29 PM

I will be there on one of these nights, and have night vision and stun bangs.. :)

macgiobuin 10-03-2013 08:08 AM

Good Thursday morning to everyone! What's that I hear? Is that the sound of the weekend?

macgiobuin 10-04-2013 07:49 AM

Friday morning! Hope yours is a good one!

theologian 10-04-2013 09:26 AM

Friday! for us, exactly like every other day - retirement is a constant state of confusion.

Greywolf 10-05-2013 11:10 PM

"Retirement is the Childhood I always wished I had"

I could have fun waiting for the intruders in a place like that...

This reminds me of old times - Theo is here, and we have a lot of talk going on.

All that is missing is Sissy - and a request to an Admin could restore her password

*Unless she don't LIKE us anymore...

I think it would be fun to practice sneaking up on them, and yelling "BOO!"
~Just to prove I could do it

I have a tray with a lot of centipede grass seeds in it drying. It is still green - soon there will be more
MAC? It's happenning, but I have to work with nature

If I send the seed green - it may rot in the mail

theologian 10-06-2013 09:33 PM

Sissy doesn't frequent any forums anymore - she did the female thing, and grew up.. When she was a teenager she would post things happily, then she became a woman and stopped. She gets very annoyed with me when I suggest she is still a teenager - she hasn't really changed much since then - though she is now twenty nine.. She still gets carded, drooled over by dirty old men, and checked out by all the teenagers.

Kind of cool she loves this old man.

theologian 10-06-2013 10:02 PM

Just sold the broken Bronco - I will miss that truck. Trying to sell the crappy Excursion, I won't miss that one. Then I will be Ford less, again.

macgiobuin 10-07-2013 08:05 AM

Good Monday morning to all! Theo, it sounds like things are turning around for you. That is great news. Wolf....no hurry on the grass seed. I am patient. And thanks again.

I hope everyone has a great day and a better week.

macgiobuin 10-08-2013 07:40 AM

Have a terrific Tuesday!