Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum41/)
-   -   Magic Air heaters & parts (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1269145-magic-air-heaters-and-parts.html)

firstrider 09-22-2013 07:54 PM

Magic Air heaters & parts

7 Attachment(s)
The Magic Air restos have been moving . Inventory is getting low so 5 large boxes of heaters , fresh air tubes & related items made a trip to the media blasters a month ago..Received some parts sat. from Mn.& have more on the way from Mt.so at the end of next month when the humidity starts getting a little lower will make the trip & retrieve the 5 boxes and take the just received parts to get cleaned up . The 5 boxes will be an afternoon of Coor's Light powered epoxy priming

Jolly Roger Joe 09-22-2013 11:11 PM

You do such good work it almost makes me want to put a heater in my truck. But it doesn't get cold enough here to need it.

Nice looking heater though. Looks brand new. :-jammin

38 coupe 09-24-2013 08:17 PM

I like simplicity when it comes to old trucks. I usually like the trucks without every accessory offered by Ford. But the fresh air heaters look so neat that I really want one. I know I live in central Texas, but on those two weeks a year when it gets darn cold (under 50 F), I will be comfortable!

My truck will still have blackwall tires, no radio, no arm rests, etc. I probably won't install a passenger side sun visor either. But I want a Magic-Air heater.

Great looking work.

firstrider 09-24-2013 09:46 PM

Fred , have not forgotten you . Sent you a PM .Thanks , Denny

jmadsen 09-25-2013 12:07 AM

Those look really nice!

Did someone ever re make the fresh air tubes out of fiberglass or something like that? Seems like I rememember a discussion about them ?

firstrider 09-25-2013 10:18 AM

Yes, that topic was discussed . Either out of fiberglass or carbon fiber .Any one have a pic of a fresh air tube on a COE ? I can see the intake duct & the fresh air tube elbow the same . I am curious as to what went betwen them .

Gertie-The '49 F2 09-25-2013 07:09 PM

I am also in need of a fresh air tube, but my "Magic Air" is the older style, the square box with the Ford script pressed into the face. Also looking for other parts, such as the blower housing.

SVT Tech 09-26-2013 02:26 PM

Magic Air Heaters

Are these for sale or are these ones customers have sent to you to restore? Pardon me for my ignorance.....

firstrider 09-26-2013 09:18 PM

The Magic Air heaters were purchased from all over the US . Sent here & restored . Have helped many FTE brothers out with complete systems ,individual parts , fresh air tubes & boots (made by yours truly here at Strictly Custom which I am very proud of) . NPD Parts in Ocala , Fla . parts placed an order for 6 more boots .3 of each model . Will drop them off at 8 am . Mon.morning on the way to Ala .So fortunate that NPD is right on the way . Need some heater control cable knobs . NPD is next door to Bass Pro Shops which is next door to Harbor Frieght That is a win -win-win situation .

firstrider 09-28-2013 07:46 PM

7 Attachment(s)
More parts for inventory from Mn. The fresh air tube just needs media blast ,primer & paint . The emblems need minor straightening , polish & detail paint paint .The core checked out good .The 4 -'51 cable control panels need the same treatment as the tubes . Most cables were free . A few needed some heat & PB blast . All are working now . One front cover had all the fins flattened . Heated them up & straightened . 3 - '51 lucite lenses for the cable control panel will be a big help . A bag of hardware always is needed . A '48-'50 adapter ring was also in the box of parts .Received another lucite lense in the mail . An ebay item .Also won a bid on a '48-'50 fresh air tube intake duct . a '51-'52 mid tube & a '52 fresh air tube elbow .Will take these along with some other parts to the media blasters mid Oct. & retrieve the 5 large boxes of cleaned up parts along with the spring seat base for the stock truck . Winter coming on , time to go wide open !!!

The '48-'50 blower motor case is too far gone even for me to try to repair !!

firstrider 10-11-2013 04:44 PM

Parts Score -Magic Air heaters

4 Attachment(s)
8 Magic Air heaters one for a cab over (which have never see before) ,11 sets of defrost ducts , '48- '50 & '51 -'52 ash trays & glove box doors , 3 sets of door panels , left side COE hood trim ,cable control panels ,& much more . One yard had 14 trucks & the other 10 trucks .Many mics . parts.

Have 2 more FORD script fresh air heaters on the way w/ heater control valve & cable control panels .

38 coupe 10-12-2013 07:47 AM

Wow, you are really getting the parts! You are the first person on here who has seen a cab over fresh air heater as far as I know!

firstrider 10-13-2013 12:35 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Good eye Fred . A fellow FTE brother was on the look out for a COE Magic Air & fortunately one was at the old car salvage yard in Eau Claire , Wis . So it is spoken for .Will decide on the best quality FORD script fresh air heater & send you some pics . After a 7 hr. parts safari in E.C.,Wis. & another 4 hrs . in Earl , Wis there are no more Magic Air or FORD script heaters in either . Both have some misc. parts & will get all those next trip .Some pics of old iron .

Also acquired a primo shape bright metal windshield mldg. for $20.00 at the yard in E.C. . Will put it on the stock truck . Stopped by NPD parts in Ocala ,Fla. on the way back & purchased a grooved window rubber for $23.00 . Of course it is made in China !

ALBUQ F-1 10-13-2013 12:54 PM

Man, I see a lot of parts that people on here frequently need -- trim, nose pieces, hood latch components... A shame they're being converted to moss...

Denny, if someone had told you you'd end up the King of Fresh Air Heaters when you were 18, would you have believed them?! :-X0A6

firstrider 10-13-2013 01:06 PM

Ross , I didn't even know what a Magic Air heater was at 18 . Was too busy working at my Dad's lumber mill , working on my truck , drinking beer & chasing tail !!!

This all evolved around making the heater boots & having 2 trucks .w/ Magic Air heaters . I almost quit this a yr . ago . Dealing with all the rusted parts was getting old but Ilya talked me into staying with the restorations & related parts . Gives me a sense of satisfaction knowing the parts will once again live & helping out a fellow FTE bother in need .