Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Announcements (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum74/)
-   -   Mobile site (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1268603-mobile-site.html)

IB Renee 03-06-2014 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Archion (Post 14138153)
Yes, I was logged in when I took these screen shots, lemme clear the cookies and temp files and give that a shot.

Yes please try that and let me know if it is still showing the ads.

Thanks,
Renee

Archion 03-06-2014 03:53 PM

That does seem to have cleaned things up a bit. Probably something got miffed when the theme changed. No more ads now. While I do wish that there was a forum runner app for WP8 I know it'll never happen so this makes things a bit nicer than that damned BB theme.

bubbasz1 03-16-2014 08:21 PM

I've been having an issue with my phone?/ mobile app. When i get an email on my phone to a thread I am subscribed to and I push the link to go to the thread it appears that it tries and then I get a Corrupted Content Error, below this message I get a description of "the page you are trying to view cannot be shown because an error in the data transmission was detected.
If I pick the link to disable the post it works.
This only started when my phone did it's last software update. I have tried reloading the IB app, but too no avail.

IB Renee 03-17-2014 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by bubbasz1 (Post 14170506)
I've been having an issue with my phone?/ mobile app. When i get an email on my phone to a thread I am subscribed to and I push the link to go to the thread it appears that it tries and then I get a Corrupted Content Error, below this message I get a description of "the page you are trying to view cannot be shown because an error in the data transmission was detected.
If I pick the link to disable the post it works.
This only started when my phone did it's last software update. I have tried reloading the IB app, but too no avail.

Can you tell me what phone you have? Are you saying when you click the link it opens in the app or your browser? Is there a way you can post a screen shot?

Thanks,
Renee

bubbasz1 03-18-2014 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by IB Renee (Post 14173164)
Can you tell me what phone you have? Are you saying when you click the link it opens in the app or your browser? Is there a way you can post a screen shot?

Thanks,
Renee

Samsung Note 3, browser, I believe, when I hit the disable link it opens though the App, I believe.
http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps2b9e37a4.jpg

IB Renee 03-19-2014 12:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
After testing this out on a Note 3, it looks like the app doesn't support opening outside links. I think you probably had your device remember to open anything for Ford-Trucks in the app, so you will need to remove that and open the links in your browser instead. Below is where you go in the settings, then application manager and click on the IB Auto group app and click "clear defaults" and hopefully the new redesigned app will support this feature.

Attachment 292008

bubbasz1 03-20-2014 05:56 PM

Sorry I took so long, I must have used the disable link the last time. Anyways I followed your directions but the clear defaults button does nothing. It wasn't lit up and didn't appear to do anything.
Thanks for the effort.

cjben 03-28-2014 06:45 AM

Ok,I inherited my first smart phone from my son. It is a motorola electrify. I don't receive a prompt when I go to the nav bar asking me if I would like to view the mobile template. Is there something I need to download to get to the mobile version? Thanks!!

therifleman556 03-29-2014 10:26 PM

On my phone it doesntd even ask me if I want the mobile version, it just defaults me there after so long. Very irritating, I like the full site better.

IB Renee 03-31-2014 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by therifleman556 (Post 14212829)
On my phone it doesntd even ask me if I want the mobile version, it just defaults me there after so long. Very irritating, I like the full site better.

If you scroll to the bottom of the mobile version it says "View full site" if you click that it will take you back to the full site.

IB Renee 03-31-2014 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by cjben (Post 14207123)
Ok,I inherited my first smart phone from my son. It is a motorola electrify. I don't receive a prompt when I go to the nav bar asking me if I would like to view the mobile template. Is there something I need to download to get to the mobile version? Thanks!!

No, when you go to Ford-trucks.com/forums it should default you to the mobile version. Have you tried that?

im2tall33 04-01-2014 10:56 AM

I do have to say the mobile site is much better now, but I still prefer using the full site on my phone. Maybe its just because I am used to the full site lol.

Keep up the good work

william_04_x 04-06-2016 07:35 PM

Another gripe about mobile site. This is an issue I experience on my Note 4, and S6.

Please put the reply to thread box directly after the last post on the page, instead of after the related posts. Not only is it counter intuitive, it's too easy to quote out of context.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...2a3f50220f.png

With VB it's too easy to make things over the top.

IB Jose 04-14-2016 06:28 PM

The reply box is static and does not go away, so you can reply at any time while scrolling.

You do have to be careful about making sure you're not replying into the other related thread though.

william_04_x 04-14-2016 07:24 PM

Thanks for the reply, Jose.

I think we may be talking about two different inputs. I'm referring to the large blue reply banner which appears after the related thread content (green circle). I'm sure you're speaking of the quick reply at bottom of screen(red circle). I used the green circled button for this reply to see if it was associated to this original thread.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...efbf4a73de.jpg

Yes, even with the static reply button in the bottom header, I still look for the blue reply banner directly after the last post on the current page. Sorry, I'm getting old. :D