Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Maryland Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum186/)
-   -   Junkyard sightings (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1265235-junkyard-sightings.html)

ericconn 09-02-2013 08:47 AM

Junkyard sightings

I went on Saturday to look for some fenders, bumper, and a couple other small things this weekend, to a junkyard in Brandywine, PG County. I saw mostly 87-96, but I was able to find what I was looking for, in surprisingly good shape, that also wasn't on the car-parts.com search results for this yard.

Any interest in a thread where people can post photos of good condition trucks and parts they find in area junkyards? I don't think something like this exists, I searched for "junkyard" and didn't see anything that look similar. I didn't take any photos of what I saw, but I'll be going back and can take some. There's another truck yard up the road I didn't get to in time that I'm really interested in checking out. Thanks for any opinions.

jr32560 09-02-2013 10:15 AM

I think that's a great idea

ericconn 09-13-2013 09:28 AM

I'm going to the Bowie and Brandywine truck yards tomorrow. If anyone has anything they would like me to look out for, I can. I'll try to take some photos of anything good they might have.

dustybumpers 09-13-2013 12:06 PM

A Massachusetts member is looking for a decent 99-07 long bed for a super duty.
I searched online, it says they don't have one. Would be nice to see if one is there, and get a price.
Thanks

ericconn 09-13-2013 02:44 PM

Ok, I'll be on the lookout. I saw a bed and cab that weren't listed online for my 84 that ended up being in good condition. (They wanted $1,300 for the bed when I called after seeing it. Sounds a just a tad steep, definitely double checking that this weekend in person)

dustybumpers 09-13-2013 05:55 PM

Yeah. A whole lota steep. I pay less than that for a whole truck!

scoobyvanjack 09-14-2013 08:41 AM

Elwood's auto exchange in smithsburg. The have a listing on line. mostly older iron.
also Rusty's auto salvage in Point of Rocks but I'd call them first.

dustybumpers 09-14-2013 02:10 PM

I used Elwood's quite a bit in the past. I didn't know they were still open after Mr Elwood passed.
Thanks for the information!

ericconn 09-14-2013 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by dustybumpers (Post 13530103)
A Massachusetts member is looking for a decent 99-07 long bed for a super duty.
I searched online, it says they don't have one. Would be nice to see if one is there, and get a price.
Thanks

I didn't see a long bed in those years. They had a 99 F150 though that looked to be in good shape.

Other than that, there's a 1995 F250 2wd manual (not sure what motor) that just arrived at the Brandywine yard that looked to be in decent shape. Didn't seem to have a thing missing off of it yet. There was also a 99 F350 SuperDuty with the steering gear and Hydroboost still in it. I'm on a mission for a Hydroboost but it wouldn't fit my truck.