Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   N. California Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum90/)
-   -   Howdy folks (a re-intorduction) (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1259199-howdy-folks-a-re-intorduction.html)

ZombieSlayer 08-02-2013 10:21 PM

Howdy folks (a re-intorduction)

Howdy folks :)

My name is Mike and I used to be quite active in the chapter until life decided to get complicated. Dropped off the face of the earth and unfortunately my truck (1965 F100 Custom Cab) suffered for it.

Going to college (after being out of school for 20 years) and needed something to drive. Couldn't afford to make the truck road worthy so went looking for something cheap. Found a 95 Bronco for $2500 and since I've always wanted a Bronco (well since the mid 90s) I said why not :D So as of last Saturday I now own 2 of my dream rides ... but have to sell 1 of them (the truck) :(

Don't recognize any of the currently active members, but since I haven't been around for a few years that's to be expected :D

Nighteyez 08-03-2013 10:07 AM

Welcome back Mike. Glad to have you back. Don't recognize the name, but my memory has already proven to be prone to mistakes.

Jim

ZombieSlayer 08-04-2013 05:01 PM

Hi Jim :)

I'm pretty sure I stopped being active about 3 chapter leaders ago :D

olfordsnstone 08-09-2013 08:46 PM

I remember Zombie Slayer. Yup, I do. How can you forget a name like that?

ZombieSlayer 08-10-2013 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by olfordsnstone (Post 13421418)
I remember Zombie Slayer. Yup, I do. How can you forget a name like that?

LoL yup it's not your run of the mill forum handle :-wink

04badford 08-10-2013 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by ZombieSlayer (Post 13399453)
Howdy folks :)

My name is Mike and I used to be quite active in the chapter until life decided to get complicated. Dropped off the face of the earth and unfortunately my truck (1965 F100 Custom Cab) suffered for it.

Going to college (after being out of school for 20 years) and needed something to drive. Couldn't afford to make the truck road worthy so went looking for something cheap. Found a 95 Bronco for $2500 and since I've always wanted a Bronco (well since the mid 90s) I said why not :D So as of last Saturday I now own 2 of my dream rides ... but have to sell 1 of them (the truck) :(

Don't recognize any of the currently active members, but since I haven't been around for a few years that's to be expected :D

Howdy Mike , Sonoma county was my old stomping grounds for years I lived in Vaccaville for 8yrs and then moved to Livermore got hitched :-arrgh
and then bought our ranch out in Manteca:-drink,I still go see an old buddy of mine Angelo ,which has the butcher shop out on old Sonoma rd, great guy and his steaks are real good. any way hope things turn out the best for you. and happy trails:-X22P.s take a look at the Bronco grave yard theres mucho parts in there and we have some junk yards out here as well. just an heads up.

fastmover 08-11-2013 10:25 AM

Hey Mike - Welcome back. I live just south of Napa in Vallejo. I don't envy your tough choice ahead of you.

ZombieSlayer 08-12-2013 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by 04badford (Post 13423420)
P.s take a look at the Bronco grave yard theres mucho parts in there and we have some junk yards out here as well. just an heads up.

Hey badford :) Where's the graveyard :-huh

ZombieSlayer 08-12-2013 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by fastmover (Post 13425303)
Hey Mike - Welcome back. I live just south of Napa in Vallejo. I don't envy your tough choice ahead of you.

I'd rather have to sell the truck then live in Vallejo :-X04 A friend of mines brother used to live there (he now resides in Chino courtesy of the state) and I'd go check on him once in awhile. Only city I've ever been in and have been afraid to walk around at night.

FI460 08-13-2013 07:56 PM

Welcome back ZombieSlayer. What are you going to school for?

04badford 08-13-2013 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by ZombieSlayer (Post 13430841)
Hey badford :) Where's the graveyard :-huh

Every now and then on FTE main page, the add comes up, I just drool looking at those old broncos. also in the Market place on FTE I have seen some stuff there aswell:-X22

ZombieSlayer 08-14-2013 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by FI460 (Post 13433666)
Welcome back ZombieSlayer. What are you going to school for?

First step is the community college for an A.S. in business administration, second step is finding a 4 year college to finish up a computer sciences, or business admin degree.

FI460 08-18-2013 07:43 PM

Very nice. I considered business a few years back when I couldn't make up my mind on a major. Classes can be fun and it opens up a lot of opportunity.