Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Oklahoma Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum92/)
-   -   saying bye to my baby (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/125850-saying-bye-to-my-baby.html)

Crin 06-13-2003 03:39 AM

saying bye to my baby

Well guys I have a problem that Im hoping someone here can help me with. I was in an accident several months ago and had to have knee surgery. My insurance company is a pain in the neck and doesnt like to pay enough so Ive got a whole lot of medical bills and no way out.
On the other hand I have a '70 ford long bed with about $10,000 into it and as much as I absolutely hate to see the old girl leave i think it might be my only way out of this mess. She's got a 390 with a mild cam, new heads, and an aluminum edelbrock intake. The interior is very nice except the carpet isnt factory (the person who owned it before me decided to put marine carpet in for some reason, but on the same note he sold it to me with a burned set of heads and she almost didnt make it home that night) It also has flowmaster 40 series true dual exhaust and headman headers. there's not a ding in the truck and the aluminum aftermarket wheels really make it look sharp. Ill do what I can to get a picture put up in the gallery next week but no promises. the truck is black and has lovingly been given the name black betty by my friends. Im not trying to sell it here but If I have to Im wondering what would be a good asking price for oklahoma. Ive been offered 9000 for it but the girl didnt know much about cars, Any suggestions would be appreciated guys, thanks a lot

Jarod

Traxxis 06-16-2003 10:56 PM

saying bye to my baby

Sorry man, that really sucks. Well, maybe someone from here will buy it from you, that away, you know that it'll be taken care of, plus you could always check up on 'er too. Dont give up on the stupid insurance company, try and get you a lawyer and get this worked out.

"Call David Garret, he know's what to do" ;) I know ur prolly not in the mood for something like that, but it was just an attempt to help loosen the mood (if you see those commercials where you live).

cigarxtc 06-17-2003 03:25 PM

saying bye to my baby

Sounds like a nice truck. I'm sure there are lots of people locally that would be interested. I've had the best luck selling and finding Ford trucks in autotrader.com or .net I can't remember which one. They have the publications at the convenience stores and gas stations and if you pay for a printed classified they give you a color digital online ad as wheel. That's how I sold my 97 f150 and found my 78 f150 in a two week span.

On another note, don't call David Garrett. He might be in jail. He was arrested last week for molesting some women. Apparently he has a record for that all the way back to '95. Just can't trust them tv commercial lawyers, eh?:-X04

Traxxis 06-18-2003 01:02 PM

saying bye to my baby

lol, ya, i saw that the other day on the news, lol, sad, but kinda funny.