Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texas Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum96/)
-   -   My Truck was not behaving today (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1243334-my-truck-was-not-behaving-today.html)

LibTimothy 05-15-2013 12:06 AM

My Truck was not behaving today

It started off at noon when I needed to run into town to exchange a part for my shop lights. I jumped into the F350 and... nothing. Dead battery.

So I jumped in the Pinz and drove to town, did the exchange, grabbed two batteries at Walmart, and installed them. I thought my problems were over.

But, I had to drive up to Stephenville tonight. Just outside of Hamilton, I blew a passenger front tire. At 70 mph. I thought I hit an IED. The whole front of the truck went up in the air. The tire was shredded and the front fender was beat all to he!!. Not great.

So, an hour later my only question was where do they hide the jack on an F350?????? I looked EVERYWHERE twice!

I ended up calling my roadside assistance to put the spare on.

So what is up with my truck? Two problems AND a lost jack in one day? Maybe my truck isn't getting enough attention. Do they have truck psychologists? The have em for dogs. Shouldn't they have them for trucks too?

Maybe I'm the one who needs one......

Timothy

texans 05-15-2013 06:40 AM

Dang Tim, that is a bad day. What year was your 350 again? Hope it turns around for you today

itsnotanova 05-15-2013 06:22 PM

I'm thinking the Ford is getting jealous of all the attention you give the Pinz.

LibTimothy 05-16-2013 06:50 PM

Now where is the Jack???

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/i...psc43f7a73.jpg

The tire.

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/i...ps6b3f9a65.jpg

The damage.

Today I bought new shoes for the truck all around including spare. Ouch.

Tomorrow the insurance co.

My laptop is now acting up.

Oh well. I suppose it could be worse.

Timothy

Snuggyworm 05-17-2013 12:19 AM

if urs is a crewcab, the jack is usually behind the back seat. lower the back seat down, and there will be a back receptacle area where the jack, the lug nut wrench will all be.

texans 05-17-2013 07:26 AM

On a 7.3 the tools were under the hood. I don't know for sure where the jack was

LibTimothy 05-17-2013 11:15 AM

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Snuggyworm (Post 13169880)
if urs is a crewcab, the jack is usually behind the back seat. lower the back seat down, and there will be a back receptacle area where the jack, the lug nut wrench will all be.

My truck is an 08 extended cab. Most of the tools are in a pouch that is bolted to the floor under the back seat. There is one tool missing and no jack. I have an online owners manual that would tell where the jack is, except... the manual is on my computer that just went on the fritz.

Originally Posted by texans (Post 13170296)
On a 7.3 the tools were under the hood. I don't know for sure where the jack was

I looked under the hood. There is only a lot of engine there. :-drink

I have a few old bottle jacks. If they work I will throw one or two into the tool box until I can locate the correct jack.

Yesterday, I put on all new tires all the way around, including the spare. I'll pause for a moment while the pain in my wallet subsides.....

Timothy

itsnotanova 05-17-2013 05:30 PM

That damage doesn't look too bad. A tire blew on my friend's Dodge and it took out the fender, fender well, headlight area and the bumper. Still sucks though!

DRRXR 05-18-2013 06:40 PM

Tim looks like you were given a gift. It could have been worse. You never know what could have happened if it started the first time and the tire blew then. You just never know. Hope it all comes back together for you.

LibTimothy 05-19-2013 05:01 PM

Thanks

Originally Posted by DRRXR (Post 13174333)
Tim looks like you were given a gift. It could have been worse. You never know what could have happened if it started the first time and the tire blew then. You just never know. Hope it all comes back together for you.

This week I have felt like that character from the old Lil Abner comic, the one with the black cloud over his head and the constant bad luck. I tried to pass the bad luck off to Robert, but the local shaman wanted too much to do it. Honestly, where am I going to find a two headed goat and a bag of shrunken heads in this economy?

Oh well, I guess it will all pass soon. Until then I'll just keep laughing.

Timothy

twg1966 05-19-2013 09:44 PM

You humor cracks me up Tim. Hopefully you get it all straightened out.

Snuggyworm 05-20-2013 01:48 PM

Sorry to hear bout tat, Tim. Hope u get her taken care of. If u need a hula hoop dancing worm, let me know. I have my spandex and straw skirt in the truck. Jus say when, boss. Sorry, I meant "big boi". Lmao!

LibTimothy 05-20-2013 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Snuggyworm (Post 13179483)
Sorry to hear bout tat, Tim. Hope u get her taken care of. If u need a hula hoop dancing worm, let me know. I have my spandex and straw skirt in the truck. Jus say when, boss. Sorry, I meant "big boi". Lmao!

Snuggy,

Um... Errrrrr.... Well thank you for the Uhhhhhh..... kind and generous..... Ummmmm..... offer.

I will probably have nightmares just from the mental picture you just gave me.... But I do appreciate it. Hmmm.... Maybe I can have you do an exorcism on my truck. Or are you more like a voodoo dancer?

Timothy

Snuggyworm 05-20-2013 11:42 PM

hell yeah! of cos i'm also an exorcist. i can even perform them remotely. zim zam, flim flam, badabing badaboom, evil spirits, kiss my ass!

ok, ur good.

LibTimothy 05-21-2013 08:58 AM

Yea

Originally Posted by Snuggyworm (Post 13181112)
hell yeah! of cos i'm also an exorcist. i can even perform them remotely. zim zam, flim flam, badabing badaboom, evil spirits, kiss my ass!

ok, ur good.

OK then. The usual payment is on its way. One Chia pet and a quart of motor oil.

Thanks!

Timothy