Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Minnesota Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum86/)
-   -   The 'MAYbe the weather gets better' thread (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1240521-the-maybe-the-weather-gets-better-thread.html)

Racer5349 05-01-2013 06:11 AM

The 'MAYbe the weather gets better' thread

Good May day everyone. :-wink

Looks like Gerry was left behind. I'm sure he'll find his way here.

wildstang 05-01-2013 06:13 AM

Good morning and have a productive hump day on this first day of May, Jim and MN. Enjoy the snow

Racer5349 05-01-2013 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by wildstang (Post 13118630)
Good morning and have a productive hump day on this first day of May, Jim and MN. Enjoy the snow

Good morning Jim!

Originally Posted by DieselCamper01 (Post 13117635)
Good evening guys.

I understand Jim. I just replaced the motorcycle battery on the K1200 1 1/2 years ago. It was over 10 years old. The truck batteries I just replaced last fall were the originals the best I could tell. The snowmobile battery was one year old this winter. Dead as a door nail...

The golf cart doesn't surprise me, but the Mustang is annoying as hell. I got over 10 years out of the batteries in my '97 P-Stroke, but I've had this Mustang for not quite 3 years and have already had the battery replaced once. :-X15 We'll see what the dealer has to say today. I'll check the warranty before I complain too much.

Originally Posted by MisterCMK (Post 13117647)
I hope my Mustang battery is still good. It sat on a trickle charger all winter.

Think I'll start doiong this from now on. Dead batteries suck! :-arrgh

Ford79 05-01-2013 06:23 AM

Good morning everyone.

HP junkie 05-01-2013 06:26 AM

Good morning fellas.

Happy May 1st! Let the warm weather reign!

MisterCMK 05-01-2013 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by Racer5349 (Post 13118642)
Good morning Jim!

The golf cart doesn't surprise me, but the Mustang is annoying as hell. I got over 10 years out of the batteries in my '97 P-Stroke, but I've had this Mustang for not quite 3 years and have already had the battery replaced once. :-X15 We'll see what the dealer has to say today. I'll check the warranty before I complain too much.

Think I'll start doiong this from now on. Dead batteries suck! :-arrgh

Just make sure the 6/12v switch on the trickle charger isn't flaky and defaults back to 6v. :-arrgh

Racer5349 05-01-2013 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by MisterCMK (Post 13118714)
Just make sure the 6/12v switch on the trickle charger isn't flaky and defaults back to 6v. :-arrgh

My chargers are 12v only. At least I can't eff that up. :)

fordpower88 05-01-2013 07:32 AM

Good morning MN!! Welcome to May and Hump day all in one! :-drink

Skattracker3 05-01-2013 07:39 AM

Good morning guys. Its snowing like mad here. Maybe that old saying that if May comes in like a Lion it will go out like a lamb will hold true. No wait, that is two months off.:-arrgh

I wonder if water from the river is bad for a radiator?:-huh I changed the water pump and thermostat in the Chevy last night. I flushed out the old coolant and added new stuff. Apparently there was a big air bubble in the system and on the way to work it overheated and pushed out the bubble and a bunch of coolant. I had .5 gal of antifreeze with but had to add 2 gal of river water to it so I could make it to work. Good thing I was by the river.:-X15

DieselCamper01 05-01-2013 07:47 AM

Good morning and Happy May 1st!

Lee, if the river water is good enough for fish & turtles it's good enough for a Chevy.

We have to put a trickle charger on the car in AZ or unhook the battery or it is dead as can be after a few months of sitting. Too many parasitic things in todays cars.

fordpower88 05-01-2013 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Skattracker3 (Post 13118826)
Good morning guys. Its snowing like mad here. Maybe that old saying that if May comes in like a Lion it will go out like a lamb will hold true. No wait, that is two months off.:-arrgh

I wonder if water from the river is bad for a radiator?:-huh I changed the water pump and thermostat in the Chevy last night. I flushed out the old coolant and added new stuff. Apparently there was a big air bubble in the system and on the way to work it overheated and pushed out the bubble and a bunch of coolant. I had .5 gal of antifreeze with but had to add 2 gal of river water to it so I could make it to work. Good thing I was by the river.:-X15

Good morning Lee! I would say just about any water is good enough for a Chevy! LOL

Originally Posted by DieselCamper01 (Post 13118840)
Good morning and Happy May 1st!

Lee, if the river water is good enough for fish & turtles it's good enough for a Chevy.

We have to put a trickle charger on the car in AZ or unhook the battery or it is dead as can be after a few months of sitting. Too many parasitic things in todays cars.

Good morning Jay!

DieselCamper01 05-01-2013 08:26 AM

Ahhh...what a lovely sight. Looking out the window at snow falling on May 1st. Maybe Dave has something with the whole "I'm moving" thing...

msmenne17 05-01-2013 09:10 AM

Good morning everyone! I think Mother Nature is experiencing an identity crisis. Anyone got any good drugs?

fordpower88 05-01-2013 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by DieselCamper01 (Post 13118948)
Ahhh...what a lovely sight. Looking out the window at snow falling on May 1st. Maybe Dave has something with the whole "I'm moving" thing...

Of course it is real nice down there until a hurricane hits and destroys your house! I will take the snow any day over that. :D

Originally Posted by msmenne17 (Post 13119090)
Good morning everyone! I think Mother Nature is experiencing an identity crisis. Anyone got any good drugs?

Good morning Michael!

MisterCMK 05-01-2013 09:49 AM

Cold weather. awesome.