Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2011 to 2019 Explorer (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum269/)
-   -   Suggestions for my 2013 Exp. Sport? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1233916-suggestions-for-my-2013-exp-sport.html)

iBurninoil 03-31-2013 06:18 PM

Suggestions for my 2013 Exp. Sport?

I am loving my Exp. Sport, but I would also like to look into customization options for my new Beasty Mobile.

Stuff I have done:
  • Dee Zee running boards (very odd to me that Ford does not have any of their own running board options--my kids were struggling to get into my vehicle without them)
Stuff I am thinking of doing:
  • Performance Chip---I am definitely thinking of chipping it (though I am a little concerned about voiding my warranty). I will take a hard look at Five Stars Tuner's chip when they come out with one.
  • Push Bar---I like Setina for a push bar (will probably get one in the next few weeks).
  • Sunroof wind deflector--I am not happy with the amount of wind noise with the sun roof fully opened.
    • DOES ANYONE KNOW ANY GOOD SUNROOF WIND DEFLECTORS?
  • Winter Tires---I live in MA and although snow tires may not be an absolute must--they do give vastly improved braking in icy conditions:
    • DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY GOOD SNOW TIRE RECOMMENDATIONS? (20"--would like to keep my rims)
  • Miscellaneous---
    • DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY MISCELLANEOUS RECOMMENDATIONS FOR A 2013 FORD EXPLORER SPORT?
Thanks for any responses!

powerstroke72 04-28-2013 02:26 PM

Wow....almost a month and no response. Sorry no one has chimed in yet. Congrats on the Sport.:)

You're on the right track with Mike and 5-Star tuning for tunes.

Setina makes great stuff for both civilian and ES vehicles so that's a great choice.

As far as the sunroof deflector goes, there are lots of choices out there and it's going to boil down to personal preference. Here are some:Sunroof Wind Deflectors - Best Reviews on Sun & Moonroof Vent Shields & Sunroof Visors for Cars, Trucks & SUVs There are a lot of these that are universal fit so I would try to find one specifically for your Sport.

Try Tire Rack for the tires. Blizzaks are great in the snow if you're just looking for a dedicated snow tire and plan to switch out in the spring.

As for other recommendations, not much that I can think of. Those things are pretty well equipped as they are. Don't know what your budget it but rear DVD players are a nicety that have saved us on many trips in the past.:D

iBurninoil 04-28-2013 02:28 PM

Thanks! Was beginning to give up hope of a response!

powerstroke72 04-28-2013 02:38 PM

Well, this forum is still a bit slow. I'm not sure if it's because the 2011+ models are still somewhat in their infancy or if it's because they're so darn good that no one is coming on here to report problems.:D

Anyhow, Ford's accessories store is usually decent when it comes to stuff like the deflector but I'm not seeing anything for the Explorer. Auto Anything, Stylin' Trucks, Real Truck, and a few others generally stock a lot of aftermarket accessories for these things.:-X22

MeŠiCX 05-04-2013 06:23 PM

Can you post some pics of the running boards you installed?

Did you go with the all black ones or the stainless and black ones?

I think the stainless and black ones would match the rims perfectly.

jdadamsjr 05-06-2013 07:49 AM

Hey there and welcome - didn't even know they had a 2011 and up forum :)

We too love the wife's new sport - right now all stock with 2400 miles on it so far....
She doesn't want me doing anything to it like I did with her Audi unless I have a signed release from her :) (but what I can sneak on there is a whole nother idea !)

I'm holding out for the amp powered steps since the sport is right in the middle of low enough to not need them but not as high as the limited's to really need them...
Really surprised the aftermarket hasn't started producing for the new Explorer's - not sure if the sales are not there or what, but we see them all over...

Let's see if we can get some activity going !

They are selling like hotcakes around here... in fact I've seen two other blondes driving tux black sports just like hers' in our lil town of Mansfield, Tx !!!

2000silverbullet 05-15-2013 07:39 PM

I'll be joining you guys here soon.

My wife is ready to part ways with our Outlook and I'm willing to give Ford one more shot with an Explorer Sport. I'm excited to have an EB in the lineup.

My last two Explorers have been absolute nightmares, but when they ran, they were great.

No doubt I'll have a set of Husky/WeatherTech floormats from front to back in the thing. With 4 kids, they make quick work of carpet...

outlw 05-18-2013 07:28 AM

I just got my new sport last night. I sell fords ...

jdadamsjr 05-19-2013 09:30 PM

Pics or you are a lying DOG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

(oops, maybe I shouldn't say that since I've not posted any pic of the wife's blk on blk ExSport ?!? )