Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1978 - 1996 Big Bronco (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum44/)
-   -   Why did you pick a Bronco? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1232091-why-did-you-pick-a-bronco.html)

Black Ford XLT 06-07-2013 08:48 PM

For my bronco story I owned a k5 blazer in 1977, a friend of mine was stuck , 1975 chebbie 4x4, I tried to pull him out with no luck ,dang---here comes a 1972 bronco, steet tires and bone stock, and with no problem pull the chevy out . First bronco was a 1975 , I have owned 2 pintos, 1972 1975, , ford van(1976) Present vehicles are - 1985 f150 4x4 300cylinder , 1992 bronco 351 w, 2003 mercury marquis 4.6 , 2009,2.0 ford focus. and yes I was embarrassed my truck--blazer had mud tires on it lol. I AM JUST A FORD FAN FOREVER TR

Encho 06-07-2013 09:25 PM

Lol apparently that experience was life changing, quite a herd of Fords you have there.

GruesomeJeans 06-07-2013 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by ManfredVonRichtofen (Post 13233314)
Dylan's eyes lost their virginity that day.

Hehe you know it.

I'd hate to be stuck and have a little Chevy blazer or something come along and pull me out.

ywhic 06-09-2013 08:47 PM

Well on Friday in the AM the wiper motor dated 2/1993 decided to DIE..

Drove 22 miles home in the light rain with no wiper.. oh joy..

Got a reman for $48 at Advance..

Installation was OK.. but removing the COWL is stupid to get to the 2 top bolts and motor drive bolt (no clip on mine).. (thank you Ford engineer #703 for that great idea..LoL)..

http://executiveprotectionservice.us...dWiperMtr1.jpg

http://executiveprotectionservice.us...ordWisdom2.jpg

ywhic 06-09-2013 08:52 PM

ETA: Just realized wrong thread.. soo sorry.. supposed to be in the What You Do Today Thread..

And todays project was the rear shocks.. they were DOA.. like not coming up at all..

http://executiveprotectionservice.us...RearShocks.jpg

Replaced with the Monroe Sensa Tracs that were just $40 for the PAIR brand new shipped off EB..

Had to CUT the bottom 12m bolts to get them off.. Temporarily using 2 12Mx1.75x60mm Zinc Bolts/Nuts/Washers/Lock Washers from HDepot..

Just found some NEW NOS factory bolts and bought on EB for $10 for 2.. A little bit high.. maybe.. but the online dealers say $7.50/bolt.. so I did ok..

http://executiveprotectionservice.us...ShockBolts.JPG

1_ton_bronco 06-10-2013 10:22 AM

Here we go.. My dad had a 71 for about 20 years... I saw it as reliable and durable when he plowed snow with it.. And I liked it.. Ended up selling it for $2200 and I bought a 93 for $500 that had a mint body and only needed an oil pump.. I yanked a couple trees out of that ground with that.. It really had good pulling power.. I bought a 91 after I sold that..got parted because of a broken frame.. Bought another 93 and 96.. Currently still have them.. I beat them to fvck when I doing 6k snow donuts lool.. But man I will never buy a cheby again.. Just problem after problem with the front ends...

1_ton_bronco 06-10-2013 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by ManfredVonRichtofen (Post 13233314)
Dylan's eyes lost their virginity that day.

Lmaooooo!!:D:D

BigFordBronco 06-14-2013 03:39 AM

My dad and mom orderd our 1995 eddie bauer new in April on the way home from the hospital after having me partialy as an early birthday present for my dad and something to commemorate the day I was born they bought a 1990 mustang (toatled) to commemorate my brothers birthday. I grew up in the back seat off that truck, had my first off road adventure in it even watched my dad yank out one of his big rigs out off the mud like it was no sweat for the truck. I came back from all the hospital from all my broken bones (22 of them) in it. Even got the nicest car award from my high school year book. Even took it to my senior prom. My parents signed it over to me on the day of my high school graduation in front of all my friends as my graduation present. I am on the search of another bronco to start my own collection. Ford Fans Forever.:-jammin

GruesomeJeans 06-14-2013 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by BigFordBronco (Post 13253228)
My dad and mom orderd our 1995 eddie bauer new in April on the way home from the hospital after having me partialy as an early birthday present for my dad and something to commemorate the day I was born they bought a 1990 mustang (toatled) to commemorate my brothers birthday. I grew up in the back seat off that truck, had my first off road adventure in it even watched my dad yank out one of his big rigs out off the mud like it was no sweat for the truck. I came back from all the hospital from all my broken bones (22 of them) in it. Even got the nicest car award from my high school year book. Even took it to my senior prom. My parents signed it over to me on the day of my high school graduation in front of all my friends as my graduation present. I am on the search of another bronco to start my own collection. Ford Fans Forever.:-jammin

i think it's time you take a step back and get a 78-9 bronco :D We would welcome another member with open arms!

BigFordBronco 06-14-2013 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by GruesomeJeans (Post 13253407)
i think it's time you take a step back and get a 78-9 bronco :D We would welcome another member with open arms!

I a actually trying to find a 1978-9 bronco for my dad he really loves those years and lookin for a 66-77 for my mom

GruesomeJeans 06-14-2013 02:55 PM

They are my favorite kind of Broncos. The earlier small bronco is nice and I'd like to own one the same as everone else but I see so many chopped and lifted and crawled out that it makes me feel like my chances of finding one that isn't too rough and isn't all jacked up are slim. These 78-9 Broncos are getting harder to find in most areas and since I've had mine I've only seen a few.

ZombieSlayer 08-13-2013 02:49 AM

I've wanted a 94-96 Bronco ever since they first came out, just something about the way they look appeals to me .... a lot :D Took almost 20 years but I finally got a 95 :-X0A6

MadMatt65 08-13-2013 11:48 AM

Ya know, I like the "luxury" things like power windows, locks, nice bucket seats of modern vehicles, but I SO miss the 78-79 Broncos and trucks I've owned in the past. Even with the ride of modern suspensions and driveability of overdrive transmissions........Nothing like cruising in "old iron"!!! I like the 93 Bronco I have now....it was a purchase of "opportunity".......being in the right place at the right time kind of purchase. That being said....I still long for a classic Bronco (78-79). :-X0A6

GruesomeJeans 08-13-2013 01:57 PM

Just keep your eyes peeled and I bet you will find a 78-9 at some point. They are out there, it's just a matter of finding them.

Akzep69 06-11-2015 04:27 PM

To piss off wife #4 & It worked

See guys- I'm well versed in collecting ex-wives & since my 1988 4runner was root cause of my 3rd divorce -Truthfully!
Figured I needed to see how long it would take wife# 4 to get fed up with my addiction to
So I chose to start dumping her allowance $$$ into what had been my faithful hunting companion -
- she was planning trips to Hawaii, Europe - ( I been there & done that-with 1st&2nd wives) - well it took all of 14 months- I filed & she went back to Louisiana! She did get the 09 Tundra tho' ----grrr
otherwise
Bronk, Yota, 01 Offy & I couldn't be happier!