Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   General NON-Automotive Conversation (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum19/)
-   -   Stupid things you read in the news... (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1231097-stupid-things-you-read-in-the-news.html)

Furyus1 03-19-2013 01:27 AM

Stupid things you read in the news...

Just read this and went "What?"

Bus falls off bridge in India, killing at least 37

NEW DELHI (AP) — Police in India say 37 people have been killed and 15 others injured after a bus fell off a bridge in western India.
Ok, now.. Considering that most buses carry 20-30 passengers, these folks in India didn't consider that putting 52+ people on one of these was dangerous to begin with?

It's enough to make you wonder just what in the world is going on out there...

tjc transport 03-19-2013 04:06 AM

they ride on the roof of buses and trains over there.
it is nothing to see a bus with 100 people in/on it.
they are not very smart.

Copedawg 03-19-2013 05:37 AM

Here is a story that I can't wrap my head around..........
Italian court convicts 7 scientists for failing to predict earthquake | Fox News

Italian court convicts 7 scientists for failing to predict earthquake

clux 03-19-2013 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Furyus1 (Post 12966965)
Just read this and went "What?"

Bus falls off bridge in India, killing at least 37

Ok, now.. Considering that most buses carry 20-30 passengers, these folks in India didn't consider that putting 52+ people on one of these was dangerous to begin with?

It's enough to make you wonder just what in the world is going on out there...

There's roughly 4 times the population of the U.S. in an area less than half our size. You can't swing a dead cat without injuring an Indian.

The amazing part is that the bus company, the bus manufacturer, the builder of the bridge, and the government won't get sued out of existence for a hundred billion rupees by the victims survivors.

Furyus1 03-22-2013 02:40 PM

Texas woman sets snake on fire, snake sets her house on fire

Texas woman sets snake on fire, snake sets her house on fire - NY Daily News

SteveBricks 03-22-2013 03:45 PM

Apparently she killed the snake, so I guess it wasn't a total loss to her :D

shorebird 03-30-2013 10:06 AM

Tennessee man attempts to sell six-year-old daughter for bail money

Tennessee man attempts to sell six-year-old daughter for bail mo - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

KINGSPORT, TN (News Sentinel) -- A Kingsport man has been arrested for allegedly agreeing to sell his 6-year-old daughter for $1,500 — telling his assumed buyer that he needed the money to bond his girlfriend out of jail.

JWA 03-31-2013 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by shorebird (Post 13007883)

KINGSPORT, TN (News Sentinel) -- A Kingsport man has been arrested for allegedly agreeing to sell his 6-year-old daughter for $1,500 — telling his assumed buyer that he needed the money to bond his girlfriend out of jail.

Isn't this why we invented capital punishment? Since Darwin didn't take this dolt outta circulation it falls to us to clean up some messes! :)

Furyus1 04-02-2013 01:07 PM

BBC News - German flea circus hit by freeze

shorebird 04-05-2013 05:04 PM

School forces 25 hungry students to throw away lunches when they couldn’t pay

School forces 25 hungry students to throw away lunches when they couldn’t pay | The Raw Story

A group Massachusetts parents are outraged and at least one worker has been placed on administrative leave after about 25 students Robert J. Coelho Middle School in Attleboro were forced to throw away their lunches over concerns that they could not pay for the food.
Parents said that some students cried and went home hungry.
School officials told The Sun Chronicle that Whitson’s, the contractor responsible for providing lunches, made the decision to stop students from eating their lunch if there was not enough credit in the student’s pre-paid account or they were not able to provide cash for the meal.
Superintendent Pia Durkin on Wednesday said that the on-site director had been placed on administrative leave and Whitson’s had been instructed not to deny lunch to any student in the future.
“There is no way any child in my school district will ever go hungry,” Durkin insisted. “Children need to eat.”
A school policy requires that the cafeteria provide a cheese sandwich and milk to any student who cannot pay for regular meals.
“I’m pissed that when there are people in prison who are getting meals, my daughter, an honor student, is going hungry,” parent John Greaves told the paper, adding that he would have brought lunch money to the school if he had been notified.

tbm3fan 04-05-2013 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by shorebird (Post 13032340)
School forces 25 hungry students to throw away lunches when they couldn’t pay

School forces 25 hungry students to throw away lunches when they couldn’t pay | The Raw Story

A group Massachusetts parents are outraged and at least one worker has been placed on administrative leave after about 25 students Robert J. Coelho Middle School in Attleboro were forced to throw away their lunches over concerns that they could not pay for the food.
Parents said that some students cried and went home hungry.
School officials told The Sun Chronicle that Whitson’s, the contractor responsible for providing lunches, made the decision to stop students from eating their lunch if there was not enough credit in the student’s pre-paid account or they were not able to provide cash for the meal.
Superintendent Pia Durkin on Wednesday said that the on-site director had been placed on administrative leave and Whitson’s had been instructed not to deny lunch to any student in the future.
“There is no way any child in my school district will ever go hungry,” Durkin insisted. “Children need to eat.”
A school policy requires that the cafeteria provide a cheese sandwich and milk to any student who cannot pay for regular meals.
“I’m pissed that when there are people in prison who are getting meals, my daughter, an honor student, is going hungry,” parent John Greaves told the paper, adding that he would have brought lunch money to the school if he had been notified.

Excuuuuse me, but I always had to bring my lunch to school from 1958-1971.

Furyus1 04-06-2013 07:35 AM

Woman finds God on a Goldfish cracker

Cross, crown found imprinted on Pepperidge Farm snack

Woman finds God on a Goldfish cracker | News - Home

Furyus1 04-06-2013 08:23 AM

Forget the tin-foil hat, now there's a tin-foil hoody! :-yeahrigh

The anti-drone hoodie that helps you beat Big Brother's spy in the sky | Art and design | The Guardian

shorebird 04-07-2013 03:30 PM

Four 30-something women assault one 19-year-old man, Toronto police say - The Globe and Mail

Toronto police are seeking four women in the sexual assault of a 19-year-old man last weekend.

Police say the man met the suspects on March 30 at a downtown club near King Street West and Spadina Avenue and left with them after they offered him a ride home.

Instead, the women drove the man to a parking lot a few blocks away and sexually assaulted him before letting him go, police say.

All four suspects are described as white, between 30 and 36 years old, about five feet four inches tall and roughly 200 pounds.
Police say the women wore short black dresses with high heels and no pantyhose.

19704X4F250 04-07-2013 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by shorebird (Post 13038993)
Four 30-something women assault one 19-year-old man, Toronto police say - The Globe and Mail

Toronto police are seeking four women in the sexual assault of a 19-year-old man last weekend.

Police say the man met the suspects on March 30 at a downtown club near King Street West and Spadina Avenue and left with them after they offered him a ride home.

Instead, the women drove the man to a parking lot a few blocks away and sexually assaulted him before letting him go, police say.

All four suspects are described as white, between 30 and 36 years old, about five feet four inches tall and roughly 200 pounds.
Police say the women wore short black dresses with high heels and no pantyhose.

That poor guy! He is going to have tons, absolutely tons, of therapy! :D