Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Washington Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum188/)
-   -   Another Noob (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1230260-another-noob.html)

slowlanemcvane 03-15-2013 03:51 PM

Another Noob

Hey all, just wanted to give a quick shoutout to everyone in Washington! I'm brand new to these forums and one of the mods welcomed me to the site and linked me over here.

A little about myself, I'm an Army guy, currently stationed at Fort Lewis (they call it JBLM now). I just moved to God's country from Texas. I'm not new to trucks, but I'm relatively new to Ford trucks, my last truck having been a 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 with the Magnum 5.9 V8. I want to get into a diesel rig, looking at 4x4 F-250s and F-350s right now, and I'm looking mostly at 6.0 Powerstroke models, due to the age, mileage, and affordability of those trucks. Like I said, I'm in the Army and we soldiers don't get paid all that well compared to the cost of living around here.

If anyone could recommend some good dealers around Puget Sound that could help me find a good truck, that would be helpful. Looking forward to hanging out! Thanks y'all!

Opossum 03-15-2013 04:07 PM

Welcome, we have a good bunch here.

On your truck shopping 2 things, take some time and look around/post in the 6.0PSD forum to see what your getting into with the 6.0 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums and compare it to the 7.3 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

As for dealers, dealers are dealers man, they do what they do. All depends on what your trying to do.

Yahiko 03-15-2013 10:24 PM

I would send you to see the guy I got my 6.0L from.
Puyallup Ford Mazda dealership: Tacoma Kent Renton Maple Valley Ford Mazda dealer | Fugate Ford
You want to talk with
Kurt Kranc
Phone: 360-825-7731
Cell: 253-347-1401
Tell him
Sean Myers sent you. He should know the name if not tell him the guy that
got the 06 Power Stroke F350 Amarillo.

Fugate Ford has a good diesel reputation. They had to do some work to
mine before they could sell it and they did a very good job. So if you do find
one and want a little help let me know I have the scan tools and info on
what to look out for.
And please do come on over to the 6.0L forum. Lots of good guys/gals.

Sean :-drink
P.S. I also own some of the special tools for the 6.0 engine
I am also an A&P

Yahiko 03-15-2013 10:37 PM

Found one on there lot
Kent Used 2005 Ford Super Duty F-350 SRW Crew Cab 172 Lariat 4WD Maple Valley
It's a 6.0L SD PS

I just talked to Kurt and he said he has some that are 6.0Ls and not on the web site yet.

GruesomeJeans 03-16-2013 02:16 AM

Welcome to the Forums, enjoy the stay. I don't know diddly squat about diesels so I can't be of help there.

crash1 03-16-2013 03:14 AM

welcome to fte

Yahiko 03-16-2013 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by GruesomeJeans (Post 12955226)
Welcome to the Forums, enjoy the stay. I don't know diddly squat about diesels so I can't be of help there.

:-liessign
You do to know something about diesels......... You know to use the GREEN nozzle.

Black = BAD:( Green = GOOD :)
Or at least the one that says DIESEL

GruesomeJeans 03-16-2013 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by Yahiko (Post 12955277)
:-liessign
You do to know something about diesels......... You know to use the GREEN nozzle.

Black = BAD:( Green = GOOD :)
Or at least the one that says DIESEL

Well that's a given. If someone doesn't know that difference they shouldn't be driving. It only gets confusing when a gas motor sounds like a diesel but has no diesel markings.

slowlanemcvane 03-16-2013 12:16 PM

Thanks y'all for the welcome and the replies! Seems like a fun group around here. Yahiko, thanks for the advice on the local stealerships, I'll be keeping my ear to the ground for a good deal on a nice 250 or 350. Thanks again, y'all!

Yahiko 03-16-2013 04:20 PM

I did let Kurt know that I was sending someone his way.
So please let him know I sent you. ( Yes I get a referral)
and you get a good truck. He came in on his day off
to show me the truck that I ended up getting.

GruesomeJeans 03-16-2013 05:28 PM

Yahiko's advice is solid and his truck is as nice as he describes. I rode in it once and it was pretty darn nice.

Yahiko 03-16-2013 09:14 PM

Thank You
Dylan :-X22

I really enjoy it on the long drives to AL it was very easy on the body.

Speaking of body, Hows your after the new job?

GruesomeJeans 03-16-2013 11:04 PM

Ehh worn out. My muscles are all sore and my knees/elbows are bruised up pretty good. Went to a gun range with my brother and for my first time shooting a gun, I did good. I'll take some pictures of my targets and post them up. I'm not sure of all the guns we shot but they were all 9mm besides my brother's 40cal. I know one was a Smith & Wesson 1911. That was my favorite. The first I *think* was a G13 but I'm not for sure. Then there was some really small 9mm that was something tech? My brother's is a 40 caliber pistol with a name that starts with an Sh I think. It was awesome, I am definitely getting my CC permit and a pistol after I'm 21.

Yahiko 03-16-2013 11:41 PM

And register to vote. Got to keep the gun grabbers out of office.

Opossum 03-17-2013 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by GruesomeJeans (Post 12958578)
I am definitely getting my CC permit and a pistol after I'm 21.

Originally Posted by Yahiko (Post 12958660)
And register to vote. Got to keep the gun grabbers out of office.

Yup, you can't get a CPL, what we call it in Washington, Concealed Pistol License, if your not registered to vote.