Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Utah Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum144/)
-   -   Nominations/Volunteers for Utah Chapter Leader (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1230139-nominations-volunteers-for-utah-chapter-leader.html)

Raleigh1 03-14-2013 11:37 PM

Nominations/Volunteers for Utah Chapter Leader

To all of the Utah Chapter members, I have enjoyed this opportunity to assist you and meet a handful. I am being relocted for work in May to Las Vegas and as the rules state I must step down. This will leave an open position as the Chapter Leader position. I will work this position until a replacement has been secured and ready to go!

Here is the official guidelines for selecting a new leader:

Before posting in this thread please review the following links, as they will likely answer any questions you may have regarding the position and the election procedure:

Chapter Guidelines: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/76...-1-2008-a.html

Chapter Leader Guidelines: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/76...-1-2008-a.html

If you have a question that's not answered in the previous links, feel free to post it in this thread or send a pm to Steve, SteveBricks, or George, glruff.

Here are the ground rules for this thread:

1) You can volunteer to be Chapter Leader although before nominating someone else, be certain that they will accept the position.

2) Volunteers/Nominees please introduce yourself, provide a brief detail of what you do, where you live, and add your first name to your signature (if it isn't already there).

3) You must be a Utah Chapter member and resident to make a nomination or volunteer for the position.

4) Participation in this thread is limited to Utah Chapter members who are residents, and site staff.

5) Please keep on topic. Any off topic postings in this thread will be removed :)

Good luck and don't be shy about posting if you are interested or if you'd like to nominate someone to be the new Utah Chapter Leader:-X10

Raleigh1 03-26-2013 08:22 PM

:-X17

Bump!

Raleigh1 06-27-2013 12:06 AM

Well everyone, I moved to Vegas about a month ago.
I thought we might have had some interest in this but nothing yet!
Anyone?

wooddyusa 07-13-2013 05:21 PM

Ok Ill bite!!

I'd be interested in helping out. I'm assuming no one else has stepped up yet.

Just curious...Can there be Co-Leaders?

A little about me:

I currently live in Riverton. I've been in Utah for just about 3 yrs. I work for UTA as a Rail Operations Supervisor.

I've owned a number of Memorable Fords...
My first car was a 63 econoline. Loved it.
Later I had a 76 econoline. Loved it as well.
In the mid 90s my dad handed me down his 79 F350 2wd 460 SCS. I parted with that last year unfortunately when I found the Highboy I have now. My dad bought that F350 in 1981 if I remember right. I've been a Ford Truck fan ever since.

I've owned a number of others but maybe there is a discussion to get into that some other day!

I am 45 and have 3 grown kids. The youngest is 15.

I like spending time with my family, of course working on my truck, hiking, and searching for that perfect lake to take a swim in....
I'm also a motorcycle enthusiast. I've got a 88 Goldwing and a 91 ST1100 I like to ride and maintain as well.

I used to snowboard and Mtn Bike but not recently. Maybe I can change that this winter.

I have a goal to hike to the peaks of Mt Timp, Lone Peak and Mt Olympus.

I moved here from Northern California where I grew up. (Sonoma County)
I worked for the City of Petaluma for 20 yrs before coming to Utah.

I can't say I'd know exactly what to do as the leader of the chapter but it sounds like with the help of members and other moderators I could probably figure it out.

I don't know a lot of people on here but maybe we can actually plan a gtg some day.

I am a proud owner of a Ford Truck!

Thanks,

SteveBricks 07-13-2013 07:07 PM

Hi T.J., thanks for stepping up!

To answer your question, if a Chapter Leader would like to have an Assistant C.L. that's fine. However the magical, mystical powers that come along with the title are only bestowed upon, and available for use by, the Chapter Leader :D

Raleigh1 07-13-2013 08:09 PM

Thanks T.J., I was actually going to ask if you would be interested!

wooddyusa 07-13-2013 08:32 PM

Ok guys...if the chapter members are ok with it I'll give it a shot.

Twanstyle 07-19-2013 10:02 PM

h*** yeah

T.J. has my vote he is one of the most active

wooddyusa 07-19-2013 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Twanstyle (Post 13356374)
T.J. has my vote he is one of the most active

Thanks! I hope to see you at one of those car shows soon!

wooddyusa 07-28-2013 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Raleigh1 (Post 13337872)
Thanks T.J., I was actually going to ask if you would be interested!

Thanks Steve and Raleigh1.

Whats the next step in leading this chapter....Do I need to post something on the board? Does it just happen? Do I need to be nominated?

Thanks again...

SteveBricks 07-28-2013 03:39 PM

Sorry for the lack of explanation, T.J. :o

Next step is you getting installed as CL. Unless someone else volunteers and we end up having an election, that's going to happen on August 12th.

In the meantime, post away!

wooddyusa 07-28-2013 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by SteveBricks (Post 13381594)
Sorry for the lack of explanation, T.J. :o

Next step is you getting installed as CL. Unless someone else volunteers and we end up having an election, that's going to happen on August 12th.

In the meantime, post away!

Ok sounds good!

SteveBricks 08-09-2013 11:26 AM

Nominations are closed. Congratulations TJ !