Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Washington Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum188/)
-   -   Sept Meet/Car(TRUCK) Show (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1223820-sept-meet-car-truck-show.html)

joewelds 02-14-2013 11:18 PM

Sept Meet/Car(TRUCK) Show

Hello everybody.

So I am a new member here. I live in Ballard:-blah
I am a member of the Ballard Elks Lodge and we have an annual car show on Labor Day. This year that is Sept 2, a monday. I am hoping to have a September meet at the Ballard Elks for the car show. Not trying to win anything, my goal is to get a bunch of FORD Trucks all lined up and dominate the show.

At the January meet we had about 10 or more trucks at the pizza joint. It was kinda cool. In my opinion.

There will be burgers and dogs. The entrance fee is by donation. I will take care of that. I believe its the 9th or 10th annual show, not sure on that. There are some pretty nice cars, not saying some of us don't have some nice Rigs. But for me its a show of Force, Ford Heavy. Haha

We also have a huge parking lot. Great bar right on the water.
The address is
Ballard Elks Lodge #827
6411 Seaview Ave Nw
Seattle Wa, 98117

I know this is way in the future, just would really like to get a lot of response. I don't have a phone at the moment but that is soon(last phone didn't like the bath it took).

Thanks Joe T:-jammin

GruesomeJeans 02-18-2013 05:21 AM

Shoot I'm game. It's too early to say for sure but I'd like for TGM to make an appearance. Only bad thing is I turn 21 in October so I can't enjoy the bar just yet... I'll stick to my soda though. Who knows what shape the bronco will be in around that time so only time will tell.

Yahiko 02-19-2013 12:31 AM

Sounds ok with me.
Maybe CC Snowbunny and see if she can make that one.

Sean :-drink

jgavac 02-20-2013 11:12 PM

If you all want to check out the Bayview auto show, it's an annual event up here on the Island. Draws some pretty nice vehicles from around the state, and the weather is usually perfect. It comes in July I believe, and occurs at the same time as the Choochokum arts festival in nearby Langley (something for the women and/or children to do). Just a thought

GruesomeJeans 02-21-2013 03:18 PM

I have to look into it. it would cost a bit more due to the ferry ride but it might be pretty cool. Got any more info on it? this coming May we have that big camp out thing with Snowbunny so after that I will have to asses any financial issues and problems with the truck.

jgavac 02-22-2013 12:52 PM

Ferry isn't that bad. At least in my opinion :P

GruesomeJeans 02-22-2013 03:59 PM

I've never been on one before so it would be an adventure.

joewelds 02-22-2013 04:22 PM

No ferry needed for Ballard just a Passport, my girl always says we need one to get outta here.

GruesomeJeans 02-22-2013 05:37 PM

A passport? Like one to go out of the country?

joewelds 02-22-2013 07:48 PM

Ya. There are a lot of Norwiegans here in Ballard. Kinda small town in a big city.
And she thinks she's funny.

GruesomeJeans 02-22-2013 08:08 PM

Isn't a passport like $100+? I know a Norwegian couple that often visit the east coast of the U.S. they are interesting people haha.

joewelds 02-23-2013 04:30 AM

Norwegians are a very interesting people for sure.
Not sure how much they are. But you don't really need one. She really does think she's funny. Haha
I did get the job. Pretty excited to start buying things for the truck.
Just driving home tonight, I have a wistle coming from under the hood. I'm pretty sure its got to be the vacuum lines somewhere. Its worse in gear. Something new to hunt and search for.

GruesomeJeans 02-23-2013 04:52 AM

I figured it was a joke :p Our Norwegian friends have been over here once before but due to lack of room and lack of money to do stuff with them, they haven't been back over.

Good to hear you got a source of income. It's nice to be able to afford things. The only trick I know of for finding out if you have a vacuum leak is when the truck is running, try to choke out the carb. Close the choke or cover it with your hands to stop it from bringing air in. If the idle kicks up real high then it's a leak, if it dies, then it's something else.

I thought that using that seafoam engine cleaner would work but I forgot that, that is for finding exhaust leaks... Doh! You could also spray carb cleaner around the carb base and other hoses to see what happens, that might work.

Opossum 03-15-2013 03:11 AM

I'm game Joe but none of my current rigs are at all "showy" I just recently got one all the same color, lol.

GruesomeJeans 03-16-2013 01:56 AM

Heh you've seen my bronco in person, it isn't show condition bu I like to go anyways. It's more about having fun and hanging with the group.

I have to see if my work has that Monday off or not. By September I could probably ask for it off anyways but we will see as the time comes.