Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel (http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum170/)
-   -   a notice for all users. (http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1222736-a-notice-for-all-users.html)

tjc transport 02-10-2013 02:59 PM

a notice for all users.
 
hey guys, there has been a rise in the "for sale ads, and "i am thinking of selling" ads.
i just want to warn you that for sale, or posting links to for sale ads is strictly forbidden of FTE in the general forums, and any that i see will be removed.
repeat offenders will be issued infractions.

the only place for sale is allowed is in the classifieds.

BuckHammer 02-11-2013 02:28 AM

"Issued infractions"? Please pardon my ignorance here, but is there some sort of demerit system on this board that I'm not aware of, or are you talking about temporary account locks and things like that?

Sorry, I just sort of realized that I have no idea what the consequences are for breaking the rules on this board, lol.

97XLT4X4 02-11-2013 08:34 AM

understood :)

tjc transport 02-11-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckHammer (Post 12825415)
"Issued infractions"? Please pardon my ignorance here, but is there some sort of demerit system on this board that I'm not aware of, or are you talking about temporary account locks and things like that?

Sorry, I just sort of realized that I have no idea what the consequences are for breaking the rules on this board, lol.

no problem, a simple question that deserves a simple answer.
an infraction is the next step up from a warning. warnings are just that, a don't do it again hand slap.
infractions carry points. get enough points, you get a "time out"
get enough "time outs" and you get banned from the site..

and i don't want to have ban anyone that helps like 99% of you all do.

i mean after all, that is what we are here for, to help each other.

cookie88 02-11-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckHammer (Post 12825415)
"Issued infractions"? Please pardon my ignorance here, but is there some sort of demerit system on this board that I'm not aware of, or are you talking about temporary account locks and things like that?

Sorry, I just sort of realized that I have no idea what the consequences are for breaking the rules on this board, lol.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/92...ml#post8491972

This might help.

BuckHammer 02-12-2013 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookie88 (Post 12828167)

Perfect. Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

Awitte58 02-12-2013 10:03 AM

I didnt read the link cookie posted yet... but I was just curious.
In our "off topic" threads... is it bad to post up Craigslist ads? Sometimes we do it just for kicks... or to look at a REALLY NICE truck and then BS about the things we like and dont like.

Just want to make sure if "thinking of buying" links were bad too. lol
Im guilty of that since I have been looking for a CC and like the forums opinions.

Talyn 02-12-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Awitte58 (Post 12830302)
I didnt read the link cookie posted yet... but I was just curious.
In our "off topic" threads... is it bad to post up Craigslist ads? Sometimes we do it just for kicks... or to look at a REALLY NICE truck and then BS about the things we like and dont like.

Just want to make sure if "thinking of buying" links were bad too. lol
Im guilty of that since I have been looking for a CC and like the forums opinions.

We are not trying to sell "our" trucks, so it is kind of let slide thoughout the forum.

However, I do believe it is against forum rules as well.

Grey area I'd call it.

Our forum, if you have not been anywhere else, is a bit different than the other forums on FTE in how we conduct ourselves and what we get away with.

I think it's because 99% of us are adults.

fordpride 02-12-2013 12:11 PM

I'm thinking of selling my self how much do you think I should ask.







Just joking. Lol
We'll start minding outlet P' & Q's and dot out T's and cross our I's

tjc transport 02-12-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Awitte58 (Post 12830302)
I didnt read the link cookie posted yet... but I was just curious.
In our "off topic" threads... is it bad to post up Craigslist ads? Sometimes we do it just for kicks... or to look at a REALLY NICE truck and then BS about the things we like and dont like.

Just want to make sure if "thinking of buying" links were bad too. lol
Im guilty of that since I have been looking for a CC and like the forums opinions.

posting links to craigs list of a good looking truck and BSing about the good and bad of the ad is ok, because you are not trying to sell it. just like i am thinking of buying this truck, what do you think of it. that is ok also, because you are asking advice, not trying to sell.
the bad is hey guys, i posted blah blah blah to ebay/craigs list, and posting the link
or
hey guys, i got a spare intake spyder for sale. anyone interested?

Quote:

Originally Posted by fordpride (Post 12830684)
I'm thinking of selling my self how much do you think I should ask.

Duece Bigalo tried it. watch the movie, and you will see it ain't worth it.

tjc transport 02-12-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talyn (Post 12830310)
We are not trying to sell "our" trucks, so it is kind of let slide thoughout the forum.

However, I do believe it is against forum rules as well.

Grey area I'd call it.

Our forum, if you have not been anywhere else, is a bit different than the other forums on FTE in how we conduct ourselves and what we get away with.

I think it's because 99% of us are adults.


very well put William. :-X22
it is also up to moderators discretion what stays and what goes.
at least until a complaint is registered.

tjc transport 02-12-2013 12:34 PM

and for the guys wondering where the disappeared posts went, i cleaned up a bit to get us back on track with the reason for this thread.

Stewart_H 02-12-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talyn (Post 12830310)
Our forum, if you have not been anywhere else, is a bit different than the other forums on FTE in how we conduct ourselves and what we get away with.

Something the '99 - '03 PSD forum has in common with it's big brother OBS trucks! ;)

Stewart

21411 02-12-2013 01:18 PM

just to be safe, i think i was on the edge. i posted a craigslist ad from someone else that i though might help the op. it did not and he has a nice exhaust now but i figured i should ask about that stuff.

fordman67 02-14-2013 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjc transport (Post 12830755)
and for the guys wondering where the disappeared posts went, i cleaned up a bit to get us back on track with the reason for this thread.

Thank you!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 AC1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.