Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1997-2006 Expedition & Navigator (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum27/)
-   -   door dinger (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/122219-door-dinger.html)

bluefire 05-29-2003 09:45 PM

door dinger

I really enjoy my 03 Expy and so does my wife since it is her truck, but some things annoy the heck out of us. Is there a way to silence the door dinger when the key is in the ignition and engine is off. The manual did not show me a fuse for just that unit so I am at a loss. Locating the source was tricky but I think the culprit has shown its face. This very evidence when fueling up and the key is in. The second annoyance is the seatbelt warning lamp and ding dong. This is very irritating when it comes to boat launching and loading not to mention when hooking up for the outing itself. I am relying on the gurus of this site to help.

khmorse 05-31-2003 10:19 AM

door dinger

Look in your manual. There should be a section on program and de-programming things like your "door dinger", seat belt alarm, etc.

Ken
'01 Ford Expedition 5.4L 4wd

taldridge2 06-03-2003 07:24 PM

door dinger

Try this:

There is a brown wiring harness near the steering column underneath the dash. Unplug it, snap out the red locking spacer, locate the black wire with the pink tracer and pull it out while depressing the clip retainer. Tape the wire back so no metal is exposed and put it back together.

The chime will be disabled when the door is open with the key in the ignition. This will not affect the chime while the switch is in the accessory mode.

I don't know if this is the same on the 2003s.

Tim:9

Mattias 06-03-2003 09:33 PM

door dinger

As khmorse said, there is a section in your owner's manual which outlines how to disable this.

bluefire 06-05-2003 11:50 AM

door dinger

I have scanned the manual and cannot be found. It wouldn't hurt to look again hopefully find it. The manual I have is the one that came with the 03 expy. As for the the connector, today is my day off so under the dash I go. Was there an answer for the seatbelt warning? Thank-you for the assistance. I will advise on the outcome.

00RedExpedition 06-05-2003 04:28 PM

door dinger

The other '03 buzzer that is very annoying, is the seatbelt reminder if you start the truck and leave it running for XXXX amount of time it starts dinging, it also flashes the seatbelt light. My '00 didn't have anything as annoying as this new dinger.:-X09

Mattias 06-05-2003 07:13 PM

door dinger

It's in the manual as "BeltMinder"...copied from manual. Sorry for the messy spacing as I copied it from Acrobat and tried to clean it up.

Deactivating/activating the BeltMinder feature

Read steps 1 - 9 thoroughly before proceeding with the deactivation/activation programming procedure. The BeltMinder feature can be deactivated/activated by performing the following procedure:

Before following the procedure, make sure that:
• The parking brake is set
• The gearshift is in P (Park) (automatic transmission)
• The ignition switch is in the OFF position
• All vehicle doors are closed
• The driver’s safety belt is unbuckled
• The parklamps/headlamps are in OFF position (If vehicle is equipped
with Autolamps, this will not affect the procedure.)

To reduce the risk of injury, do not deactivate/activate the BeltMinder feature while driving the vehicle.

1. Turn the ignition switch to the RUN (or ON) position. (DO NOT
START THE ENGINE)
2. Wait until the safety belt warning light turns off. (Approximately 1–2 minutes)
• Steps 3–5 must be completed within 60 seconds or the procedure will have to be repeated.
3. Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt three times, ending with the safety belt unbuckled. This can be done before or during BeltMinder warning activation.
4. Turn on the parklamps/headlamps, turn off the lamps/headlamps.
5. Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt three times, ending with the safety belt unbuckled.
• After step 5 the safety belt warning light will be turned on for three seconds.
6. Within seven seconds of the safety belt warning light turning off, buckle then unbuckle the safety belt.
• This will disable BeltMinder if it is currently enabled, or enable
BeltMinder if it is currently disabled.
7. Confirmation of disabling BeltMinder is provided by flashing the
safety belt warning light four times per second for three seconds.
8. Confirmation of enabling BeltMinder is provided by flashing the
safety belt warning light four times per second for three seconds,
followed by three seconds with the safety belt warning light off, then followed by flashing the safety belt warning light four times per second for three seconds again.
9. After receiving confirmation, the deactivation/activation procedure is complete.

Mattias 06-05-2003 07:16 PM

door dinger

Now I need your help as I can't find the info...what's the recommended torque for the '03 wheel bolts?

My wheel guy's chart for '00-'03 says 150 ft-lbs but sounds too high?

Thanks.

deanjet 06-05-2003 07:25 PM

door dinger

The Ford manual says its 100 Ft lb for a 2000 Expy. I don't know what it is for a 2003, but I bet it is different with all the suspension changes for 2003 models.:rolleyes:

bluefire 06-06-2003 07:26 PM

door dinger

I have taken care of the seatbelt issue and thank-you for the guidance. The search for the brown has thus far eluded me. Tere are numerous black wires and harness' but no brown harness. There seems to be a white module with a black connector plugged in and it contains a brown wire among others. When the dinger is on the white unit vibrates which drives me mad. I will advise on my findings, again thanks for the ehlp.

BigMattXXL 06-08-2003 02:49 AM

door dinger

Originally posted by Mattias
Now I need your help as I can't find the info...what's the recommended torque for the '03 wheel bolts?

My wheel guy's chart for '00-'03 says 150 ft-lbs but sounds too high?

Thanks.

You might want to check around the wheels and lugs themselves. On my '99, it says "100 ft/lbs" somewhere (can't remember where exactly, but it's there)

XXL