Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   North Carolina Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum88/)
-   -   Riff Raff East V in July (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1221533-riff-raff-east-v-in-july.html)

mjunk1 02-04-2013 08:26 PM

Riff Raff East V in July

All -

It seems there's a bunch of northern FTE guys coming to the event this year. They're meeting up in Lexington and convoying down. So is anyone else going and would anyone like to meet in Asheville and make the trip over the mountains in a big, roaring diesel line? I'm trying to make it for the Thursday and Friday nights and come back Saturday. One other guy from the 94-97 OBS group is planning on going - any others interested in representing NC/SC? Sounds like a fun weekend.
:D

ncheavymetal 02-06-2013 09:12 AM

Sounds like a good time. Hope y'all get a caravan going.

We will be in full swim team mode at that point and I dont see being able to get away during that time frame.

fuzzy1626 02-09-2013 02:00 PM

More info, please..:-drink

mjunk1 02-14-2013 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by fuzzy1626 (Post 12818845)
More info, please..:-drink

I've never been, from what I understand it is a weekend event in Newport, TN - just across the border off I40 - at a KOA. They have access to a drag strip and a mud pit and it is for diesel owners - not sure if they allow gassers. :-X21
Basically you can walk around and meet others diesel truck owners, check out their mods, and watch them race. If you want to put your truck in the mix you can do that too. It is supposedly very family friendly, lots of folks bring their kids. There are cabins you can rent, lots bring pop-ups and only a few crazies (like me) use tents/hammocks. Dates are July 19-21 and ypu can google it for more info.
You aren't far from me so we could meet in Newton and convoy over from there. There's a thread on the 94.5-97 obs diesel forum here too.
Feel free to pm me. I'd love to meet up and see your truck some time anyway. It sounds sweet in the sig

fuzzy1626 02-14-2013 08:29 AM

Thanks for the info Dan. When the weather warms up we could meet up and go to one of the monthly dinners. It's a good time and good food.

mjunk1 02-14-2013 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by fuzzy1626 (Post 12837935)
Thanks for the info Dan. When the weather warms up we could meet up and go to one of the monthly dinners. It's a good time and good food.

sounds good - let me know when you are going.

schlepprock250 02-22-2013 11:01 PM

RiffRaff East is a very cool event,its sponsored by RiffRaff Diesel of course.They rent English Mtn dragstrip for just us trucks for like three hours on Friday,no mud pit that I'm aware of though,lots of wrenching,members willing to lend a hand with repairs/mods/upgrades,talking,grilling,usually some adult beverages around but it is VERY family friendly.My wife and I have three kids and have been a couple times,and we are going this year too. Being RRE V we hope it turns out to be the best yet.Clay(owner of riffRaff Diesel) and alot of the west coast members drive out,Clay usually has a trailer full of truck stuff with him,but I'm sure he will bring whatever you order ahead of time.(though I don't want to speak for Clay..LOL..sorry Clay)