Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum31/)
-   -   PO605 code during KOEO test with AE (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1221299-po605-code-during-koeo-test-with-ae.html)

reality_check 02-03-2013 06:17 PM

PO605 code during KOEO test with AE

So I got my AE installed in my laptop, figured out how to connect, and started to play with my new toy, I pulled the dtc s, nothing out of the ordinary, played with the live data, then ran a KOEO test, it started after a couple of seconds it quit, and showed po606 rom error.
A little history on the pcm, the PO put a super chip in it, don't know the exact mfg, model, he just said super chip, when I got the truck the transmission was trashed for the 3rd time, in 146,000 miles, they abused it, but for $3500 I had to have it, when I had the transmission rebuilt the trans guy stated that the pcm solenoid pressure circuit was stuck at 50% I took it to a local shop to have it re flashed, they stated I needed a new pcm, as the rom was bad, I took it to another shop, they re flashed it and said all is well, GREAT, took it back to the trans guy, the trans shifted proper, with correct pressures, all of this with no chip, I put the dp6 chip in, and have had no problems, except harsh shifting in tow when towing 9,000 lbs, another story, recently I have been experiencing harsh shifts in stock tune, same as when I first rebuilt the trans, with no ses light ever being thrown, even from the beginning.
I am glad that I got the AE, as I can diagnose the truck, on my own, it should be the 1st "MOD" that anyone does to their truck.
My questions are what is wrong with my pcm? Is it the pcm? Any recommendations? if it is my pcm where to get it fixed, or swapped, I would like to get a good used one, to put in during rebuild, and to have as spare, Did the re flash just mask a few things, with an underlying rom problem? I have searched, and found that PO603 can be thrown by the chip, but PO605 is in the pcm itself, but no one ever stated the cause, and correction update
Thank you

DP-Tuner 02-03-2013 06:27 PM

Nope, nothing wrong with the PCM or your truck.

P0603 and P0605= normal after adding programs.

reality_check 02-03-2013 07:01 PM

Thank you for the reply.

reality_check 02-03-2013 09:39 PM

I was rushed before with my post, Thank you for posting a reply on a Sunday evening, while the super bowl was on no less. Thank you for keeping an eye on the forums, and offering timely advise, :-X22:-X22 two thumbs up DP Tuner. I will be calling you tomorrow about a couple of tunes.
Phil

BWST 04-18-2013 11:31 PM

x2, thank you. I just found P0605 today after trying a KOEO. Seems like the test aborts - it does not take long to show the code. Maybe it's just a quick test. The CCT test takes much longer. I was wondering if the test aborts and does not look for any more issues.

Also - why does the code show on this test, and not show up in the DTC tab on AE? P0605 must not get triggered in normal driving, but something in the KOEO test triggers it?