Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tennessee Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum95/)
-   -   FEBRUARY 2013 Valentines (and MY birthday) Thread for Tennessee (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1220961-february-2013-valentines-and-my-birthday-thread-for-tennessee.html)

macgiobuin 02-02-2013 10:45 AM

FEBRUARY 2013 Valentines (and MY birthday) Thread for Tennessee

Originally Posted by The Confederate
Well, the link I had to a site that had the standards published is gone. (our government at work??) I did find a similar law in reference to heavy-duty (18 wheelers) trucks. Here's that link:
40 CFR 1037 : CONTROL OF EMISSIONS FROM NEW HEAVY–DUTY MOTOR VEHICLES [ 40 CFR 1037 ] : (PROTECTION OF ENVIRONMENT [ 40 CFR ])

Push CTRL+f and type 1037.655 to see it. It basically states any modification that will increase emissions is in violation of the law. It could be something as simple as removing an air dam or changing tire sizes. The passenger equivalent that disappeared now, says ANY change to the vehicle (2014-forward) that is not any factory option is illegal. Oversize wheels/tires? Illegal. Custom rims? Illegal. Adding turbo/ superchargers? Illegal. Want to change your differential gear ratio? Illegal. Auxiliary lighting? Illegal. While we are free to work on our older trucks still, any vehicle made in 1975-on must have the factory emissions systems installed and must pass testing. Nation-wide emissions testing. No more rural county exemptions. Also, there is a bill floating around to nationalize what California is doing. If you have a vehicle that is (don't quote me on the number, but I think it's) 15-20 years old, the state (Cali) can cut you a check for what they feel it's worth, repossess it, then crush it in the name of cleaner air.Somewhere in that California law (if I'm not mistaken) it states that rebuild, salvage, and junk title vehicles can fall under that repossession.

See why I want a 73-74 frame or truck with a good title? lol

I'm going to try and re-post this in the NEW February Thread.

macgiobuin 02-02-2013 10:47 AM

Looks like it worked! Welcome to FEBRUARY 2013 everybody! I hope this month will be a GREAT one for you and yours. Remeber that Valentine's Day is the 14th....and if you don't have a sweetheart, you can send ME some flowers and chocolate for my birthday next Friday. :)

It is SNOWING right now, and the estate is fairly covered. Won't last long, though.

macgiobuin 02-02-2013 10:50 AM

40 CFR 1037 : CONTROL OF EMISSIONS FROM NEW HEAVY–DUTY MOTOR VEHICLES [ 40 CFR 1037 ] : (PROTECTION OF ENVIRONMENT [ 40 CFR ])

Here is the link that didn't come through in the first post.

maples01 02-02-2013 02:08 PM

Going to see Travis Tritt tonight.

jmf66 02-03-2013 07:36 AM

Where did Travis Tritt play? It's funny you mention him.. I just heard the Kid Rock song with Travis singing in the background and was thinking that he's not been on the radio much lately.

macgiobuin 02-03-2013 07:56 AM

It snowed, then it melted, then it froze, and now it's melting. How was YOUR Saturday?

How was the concert, Maples?

maples01 02-03-2013 06:18 PM

He was at the Clayton Center For The Arts at Maryville College last night, 9pm to 11pm, some young lady, Lyndsey Highlander, country artist came out at 8pm, her voice reminded me of Miranda Lambert.

Concert was great!

maples01 02-03-2013 06:21 PM

.@lyndseyhighland | The calm before the storm! Well not really, just soundcheck! Whew!!! Loved th... | Webstagram - the best Instagram viewer
There she is, boy she's hot, she said something about hugs, I told dad I was gonna go get one, he said you'd be waiting all night in a long line. LoL

The Confederate 02-04-2013 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by The Confederate (Post 12787786)
Well, the link I had to a site that had the standards published is gone. (our government at work??:confused:) I did find a similar law in reference to heavy-duty (18 wheelers) trucks. Here's that link:

Push CTRL+f and type 1037.655 to see it. It basically states any modification that will increase emissions is in violation of the law. It could be something as simple as removing an air dam or changing tire sizes. The passenger equivalent that disappeared now, says ANY change to the vehicle (2014-forward) that is not any factory option is illegal. Oversize wheels/tires? Illegal. Custom rims? Illegal. Adding turbo/ superchargers? Illegal. Want to change your differential gear ratio? Illegal. Auxiliary lighting? Illegal. While we are free to work on our older trucks still, any vehicle made in 1975-on must have the factory emissions systems installed and must pass testing. Nation-wide emissions testing. No more rural county exemptions.:-fire Also, there is a bill floating around to nationalize what California is doing. If you have a vehicle that is (don't quote me on the number, but I think it's) 15-20 years old, the state (Cali) can cut you a check for what they feel it's worth, repossess it, then crush it in the name of cleaner air.:'( Somewhere in that California law (if I'm not mistaken) it states that rebuild, salvage, and junk title vehicles can fall under that repossession.

See why I want a 73-74 frame or truck with a good title? lol

I think this is what you tried to do macgiobuin!:-drink Again, I really hope the automotive equivalent was misinformation, but there was much discussion about it at Nashville Auto-Diesel College while I was there...

macgiobuin 02-07-2013 01:04 PM

It's been a long week so far, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully, it'snot the light of an oncoming train.

Hope everyone has a great rest of the day and a better Friday tomorrow.

macgiobuin 02-08-2013 09:48 AM

Happy Friday, everybody!

Today is my 48th birthday. My family celebrated last evening (for various reasons) and I must say that I am truly blessed. I got several garden/lawn decorations, the first 2 seasons of "Blue Bloods" on DVD {with the 3rd season on advance order}, some small knick-knacks for mys shelves/truck and a gift certificate for Amazon.com. All that is just window dressing to the greatest family on earth.

maples01 02-08-2013 07:10 PM

Happy Birthday!

macgiobuin 02-09-2013 07:29 AM

Thanks, Maples. I hope everyone has great plans for the weekend....it's gonna rain HARD Sunday & Monday, though.

maples01 02-09-2013 06:43 PM

I have a leaky windshield in both van's, I don't need more rain!

macgiobuin 02-10-2013 08:26 AM

Flex Seal® - Liquid Rubber Sealant in a Can! | Official Site

:)