Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Arkansas Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum175/)
-   -   Parts truck (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1220558-parts-truck.html)

Old_Crow 01-31-2013 02:40 PM

Parts truck

Talking to a wrecker driver that dropped a '39 Packard at the shop a little while ago. Says he's got a '94-'95 F-150 Short Flareside for sale.
It's been wrecked but he says the 5.0 starts and runs good.
Truck is complete, with no papers, but he want's just $500 and haul it away.
Anyone need this? Gimme a call at the shop 501-723-4080 during working hours and I'll pass along his phone#.
Where was he when I was looking for an engine for my '61?

Old_Crow 02-02-2013 04:29 AM

Man, 137 views and no interest.
I knew you guys were a bunch of diesel nuts, but I figured somebody, somewhere(or their neighbor)had a gas burner project going.
A complete, running 5.0l parts truck for $500 and no one wants it!?!

tojoski 02-02-2013 04:35 AM

I just saw this.. tempting if I had something to drop it in.... We're not all diesel nuts.. remember I've still got the 66 thats going in the shop as soon as it's finished.

zhilton 02-02-2013 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Old_Crow (Post 12788457)
Man, 137 views and no interest.
I knew you guys were a bunch of diesel nuts, but I figured somebody, somewhere(or their neighbor)had a gas burner project going.
A complete, running 5.0l parts truck for $500 and no one wants it!?!

Just like Joe, I've got a gas powered project truck...though mines a Ranchero; and it's a complete cruck. Don't need a gasser, but I did forward the link to a couple of buddies who don't understand diesel.;)

Sam I Am 02-02-2013 10:31 PM

Got pics?
It would be a lot easier sell if there were more details like how many miles on it, cab style, auto or manual transmission, how much "wrecked", what's still good, etc.

For instance, I bought my current daily driver for $350, had to put a fuel pump & ujoints in it, plus a couple of other small things. It's a 1997 F150 XLT SWB 4.6 auto. Deals like that make a wreck a tough sell, but would like to hear more info.
I tried to upload a pic of it from photobucket and this limp forum software edits out part of the URL.

Old_Crow 02-05-2013 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Sam I Am (Post 12792391)
Got pics?
It would be a lot easier sell if there were more details like how many miles on it, cab style, auto or manual transmission, how much "wrecked", what's still good, etc.

For instance, I bought my current daily driver for $350, had to put a fuel pump & ujoints in it, plus a couple of other small things. It's a 1997 F150 XLT SWB 4.6 auto. Deals like that make a wreck a tough sell, but would like to hear more info.
I tried to upload a pic of it from photobucket and this limp forum software edits out part of the URL.

Sorry, I'm just a 3rd party here. A wrecker driver that was dropping a '39 Packard off at my shop was trying to sell it to me. Everything I've got in here right now already has a motor, so I thought I'd put it here for you other Ford guys.

Here's his contact info. Benchmark Towing and Recovery
Greer's Ferry, AR.
501-206-7939
The card I have says Robert, with owner as title, but I think this guy was just a driver.

1996pwrstrk 02-13-2013 10:17 AM

I'm checking into it thanks .