Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum174/)
-   -   Adding factory navigation to 2010 Expediton (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1220183-adding-factory-navigation-to-2010-expediton.html)

Milkman3371 01-29-2013 09:42 PM

Adding factory navigation to 2010 Expediton

I am picking up a 2010 Expedition loaded with everything including rear DVD except factory Navigation.

I believe it has SYNC. Not sure if it has a factory Subwoofer. I know it's loaded. Leather, etc. it had some option to dial 911 through the cell.. Is that SYNC?

I want to add factory navigation. Does the factory Nav offer iPod control via USB anywhere? I am clueless on Fords

I am getting the truck through family inheritance. I really want to add in dash navigation. I always have liked factory installs.

My GMC Denali has a USB port in the console where I plug my iPhone in and I control the iPod through steering wheel controls.

Enlighten me on the factory nav and if this is the way to go!

Thanks from a first time Ford owner!

vincentesq 02-22-2013 07:10 PM

Dealer does not recommend oem nav swap.

I just purchased a 2011 Expedition XLT 4WD with leather, but no nav either. I also wanted to add in the nav. I was going to buy from ebay and have dealer install. I contacted my dealer, and the service manager said that he did not know and would get back to me. Today, he called to say that they contacted Ford, and Ford does not recommend it. I don't know how truthful this is. From my reading of previous posts, all I need is a nav that will work for my model year and then have it "programmed" with my VIN so that the nav doesn't think it is a stolen unit.
anyhow, this is too much trouble, considering my dealer doesn't even want me to pay them to do the install, which I suspect should be plug and play after the "reprogramming". I just purchased a Kenwood DNX 690 (2013 model) and the Maestro adapter at Crutchfield and there is a special rebate for the Sirius tuner for free. This should preserve the steering wheel control, ford sync, and the Sirius tuner would work (only 2013 Kenwood lineup only).

Milkman3371 02-22-2013 07:36 PM

Pm me. I will give you a number where you can buy a whole factory package.

expoman55 02-22-2013 08:23 PM

Milkman, can you tell me how to release the front of nav to get to dvd player to change map CD?
FYI.. Like you user ID.. I rode a Milk truck as a teenager and delivered milk the old fashioned way...

Milkman3371 02-23-2013 08:20 PM

I don't think the map is disc based. I think it's loaded software? That's what I was told.

Milkman3371 02-23-2013 08:21 PM

By the way....if someone wants factory nav, if you have SYNC and rear DVD... Call United Radio in New York. They WILL help.

There are harnesses available to make everything work as it should.

You need a steering wheel interface harness, a sync interface harness, an amp with interface harness and the Sirius antenna get reroute to the radio from the tuner under the console.

You need a GPS antenna from ford too.

It's actually a simple install. You also need a plug to wire in the rear back up cam.

expoman55 02-23-2013 08:33 PM

DVD in Nav unit?

What is the DVD in the nav ?

Milkman3371 02-23-2013 09:07 PM

You can play DVDs when parked