Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ranchero & 1961 - 1967 Econoline (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum43/)
-   -   actual good fit windshields 1967 eco (NOS)? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1208235-actual-good-fit-windshields-1967-eco-nos.html)

eco67jiminny 12-07-2012 02:07 PM

actual good fit windshields 1967 eco (NOS)?

So I had a wind shield go in my 67 it was fordmoco. Long story short I need to find an NOS or windshield that fits gasket the original is a little longer than ppg replacement.when ppg is installed the ends are literally about an 1/8" or less into the gasket this windshield has been to two shops and it was installed and sealed in what i would call the correct fashion at the second shop only to still leak Got the gasket from Mac's antique.but a nice new gasket is wasted on a bad fit of glass So is anyone else having this issue ? or solutions? thank yous!
:-huh eco67jiminny

EmilBarnabas 12-11-2012 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by eco67jiminny (Post 12570252)
So I had a wind shield go in my 67 it was fordmoco. Long story short I need to find an NOS or windshield that fits gasket the original is a little longer than ppg replacement.when ppg is installed the ends are literally about an 1/8" or less into the gasket this windshield has been to two shops and it was installed and sealed in what i would call the correct fashion at the second shop only to still leak Got the gasket from Mac's antique.but a nice new gasket is wasted on a bad fit of glass So is anyone else having this issue ? or solutions? thank yous!
:-huh eco67jiminny

Be sure to use a non-hardening, non-curing, sealant like 3M Glazing and Bedding Compound. The sealer goes on both sides of the gasket. It touches both the glass and the paint. This is not the way they install modern windshields, so you have to ask.

NumberDummy 12-21-2012 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by eco67jiminny (Post 12570252)
So I had a windshield go in my 67 it was FoMoCo;

Long story short I need to find an NOS or windshield that fits gasket the original is a little longer than ppg replacement. When ppg is installed the ends are literally about an 1/8" or less into the gasket this windshield has been to two shops and it was installed and sealed in what i would call the correct fashion at the second shop only to still leak Got the gasket from Mac's antique.but a nice new gasket is wasted on a bad fit of glass So is anyone else having this issue

C1UB-8903110-A .. Windshield Weatherstrip / Reproduced by Dennis Carpenter.

Applications: 1961/67 Econoline / Standard Cabs without stainless steel windshield reveal mouldings: 1961/66 F100/1100, 1963/69 N/NT/T500/1000, 1967/69 F800/1000.

EmilBarnabas 12-24-2012 11:14 AM

I just read on another forum where someone bought a new windshield that was not wide enough, and they returned it for a replacement.