Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Minnesota Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum86/)
-   -   Hey it's the September BS thread!!! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1186596-hey-its-the-september-bs-thread.html)

msmenne17 09-03-2012 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Devious Delight (Post 12231025)
Hopefully the landlord is paying for it...

Haha... you're funny. This is what we get for cheap rent.

dlibson 09-03-2012 01:33 PM

I don't know why people tile right over drywall in wet conditions. See the name "dry" wall...

For mold sake alone you should remove it all, get rid of the rot and then durrock or tile board it for tiling it, or do a formed surround. Not sure what the long term plans are for you with the house though...

msmenne17 09-03-2012 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by dlibson (Post 12231704)
I don't know why people tile right over drywall in wet conditions. See the name "dry" wall...

For mold sake alone you should remove it all, get rid of the rot and then durrock or tile board it for tiling it, or do a formed surround. Not sure what the long term plans are for you with the house though...

I got all the rot out. I got to the point where the drwall was still dry and tiles were not easily coming off. Fortunately there is a full case of tile in the garage that matches. The plan is to do the durock then retile and see how it goes.

dlibson 09-03-2012 02:04 PM

That's good at least. Should help to have the lower part waterproof.

MisterCMK 09-03-2012 03:01 PM

Hello everybody.

MisterCMK 09-03-2012 06:20 PM

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...91278966_n.jpg

dlibson 09-03-2012 07:40 PM

Where are you at Chris?

MisterCMK 09-03-2012 07:44 PM

Grumpsville now

MisterCMK 09-03-2012 07:44 PM

That was taken up near Ripley.

fordpower88 09-03-2012 09:08 PM

Good evening guys!

Well we had a good weekend up at my in-laws but at the same time was a tough weekend. A guy from town was killed Saturday morning in a truck accident. He was hauling silage and went off the road and the truck flipped over and skidded upside down. I knew him fairly well but he was best friends with a good friend of mine from here in town. It has been tough especially when my friend stopped over tonight. Those two were always doing something together. Makes a guy think how fast life can change. Live everyday to its best because you just never know.........

msmenne17 09-03-2012 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by fordpower88 (Post 12233164)
Good evening guys!

Well we had a good weekend up at my in-laws but at the same time was a tough weekend. A guy from town was killed Saturday morning in a truck accident. He was hauling silage and went off the road and the truck flipped over and skidded upside down. I knew him fairly well but he was best friends with a good friend of mine from here in town. It has been tough especially when my friend stopped over tonight. Those two were always doing something together. Makes a guy think how fast life can change. Live everyday to its best because you just never know.........

Sorry to hear Troy. Life is short and can end at any minute. Enjoy every minute of it.

wildstang 09-04-2012 05:11 AM

Good morning and have a terrific Tuesday MN.

Sorry to hear about the loss Troy.

wildstang 09-04-2012 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by MisterCMK (Post 12232486)

What is the picture of, didn't show up on my phone

Never mind it just did. Is it flooding?

HP junkie 09-04-2012 06:48 AM

Good morning Jim and MN.

Wow, that sucks Troy. I guess you never know when your gonna go so live life to its best.

Well a wee bit sore from cutting and splitting wood yesterday. Gotta have campfire wood, but getting too old to be bent over all afternoon. Just a tip for everyone......a new blade on a chainsaw works a lot better than and old dull one. Oh, and it helps to put the blade on the right direction. Doh!

wildstang 09-04-2012 07:26 AM

Good morning Cory. Sharpening the old one works also. LOL

fordpower88 09-04-2012 07:40 AM

Good morning Jim, Cory and the rest of the gang stopping by!

Well just about to get Jase on the bus for his first day of kindergarten!

Devious Delight 09-04-2012 07:47 AM

Morning all. Jael doesn't start school until tomorrow.

Sucks to hear Troy. Hope his family is taken care of.

I suck at getting stuff done. Spent all day yesterday doing homework. ugh.

Still got 2 cars that I have to fix.

wildstang 09-04-2012 08:32 AM

I'm a little sad because this past weekend was our last scheduled camping trip of the season. Was awesome weather to end on though. Kind of weird, 6 years or so ago when my wife decided we would start camping I couldn't wait to be done, now the opposite

Devious Delight 09-04-2012 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by wildstang (Post 12234474)
I'm a little sad because this past weekend was our last scheduled camping trip of the season. Was awesome weather to end on though.

sounds like you're looking for an impromptu camping trip...

fordpower88 09-04-2012 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Devious Delight (Post 12234345)
Morning all. Jael doesn't start school until tomorrow.

Sucks to hear Troy. Hope his family is taken care of.

I suck at getting stuff done. Spent all day yesterday doing homework. ugh.

Still got 2 cars that I have to fix.

Morning Dustin! His family should be good there is a memorial fund setup of course but he was 48 and both his kids are grown up the youngest being 24 I believe.

I'm a little sad because this past weekend was our last scheduled camping trip of the season. Was awesome weather to end on though. Kind of weird, 6 years or so ago when my wife decided we would start camping I couldn't wait to be done, now the opposite

What we have trips scheduled through the middle of October! Get camping buddy!!

DieselCamper01 09-04-2012 08:45 AM

Good evening guys!

Sorry to hear that Troy. You are correct that you need to make the best/most of every day.

Originally Posted by HP junkie (Post 12234215)
Good morning Jim and MN.

Wow, that sucks Troy. I guess you never know when your gonna go so live life to its best.

Well a wee bit sore from cutting and splitting wood yesterday. Gotta have campfire wood, but getting too old to be bent over all afternoon. Just a tip for everyone......a new blade on a chainsaw works a lot better than and old dull one. Oh, and it helps to put the blade on the right direction. Doh!

But will it be the "wright" wood? hehe

Originally Posted by fordpower88 (Post 12234331)
Good morning Jim, Cory and the rest of the gang stopping by!

Well just about to get Jase on the bus for his first day of kindergarten!

Good luck!

Still lots of good weather for spur of the moment camping.

Good morning all! Lynn and I went for about a 100 mile motorcycle ride yesterday. It was nice to get out for a while but dang was it hot! LOL

Had some douche turn right in front of us though. Luckily I saw him start and slowed down early.

wildstang 09-04-2012 09:20 AM

We had been going on columbus day weekend the past few years but the friends we would go with aren't this year. I wouldn't be surprised if the wife tries to get another in September

fordpower88 09-04-2012 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by DieselCamper01 (Post 12234524)
Sorry to hear that Troy. You are correct that you need to make the best/most of every day.

But will it be the "wright" wood? hehe

Good luck!

Still lots of good weather for spur of the moment camping.

Good morning all! Lynn and I went for about a 100 mile motorcycle ride yesterday. It was nice to get out for a while but dang was it hot! LOL

Had some douche turn right in front of us though. Luckily I saw him start and slowed down early.

Good morning Jay!

He was all good about the bus until it actually was here and he had to get on. haha Mom carried him on the bus and set him in the seat but luckily the girl in the seat next to him was a girl he went to pre-school with so then all was good.

Glad you guys made it back from the ride ok with that guy pulling out like that!

Originally Posted by wildstang (Post 12234634)
We had been going on columbus day weekend the past few years but the friends we would go with aren't this year. I wouldn't be surprised if the wife tries to get another in September

There ya go get out there and enjoy the fall weather. Might be my favorite time to camp.

MisterCMK 09-04-2012 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by wildstang (Post 12234066)
What is the picture of, didn't show up on my phone

Never mind it just did. Is it flooding?

Nope, just a picture from the dock when I woke up on Monday morning.

msmenne17 09-04-2012 09:45 AM

Good Morning everyone!! Good thing there was someone on the bus that Jase knew. Otherwise, Beth might still be with him at school. Our kids start school on Thursday. The elementary schools in our district have parent teacher conferences before school starts. It's a good way to get to know the kids and know what the teachers can expect on the first day of school. It's an issue for child care because there is no district sponsored child care for Tue/Wed and all of the high schoolers start right away Tuesday.

wildstang 09-04-2012 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by fordpower88 (Post 12234664)
Good morning Jay!

He was all good about the bus until it actually was here and he had to get on. haha Mom carried him on the bus and set him in the seat but luckily the girl in the seat next to him was a girl he went to pre-school with so then all was good.

Glad you guys made it back from the ride ok with that guy pulling out like that!

There ya go get out there and enjoy the fall weather. Might be my favorite time to camp.

September is awesome weather usually like this past weekend. October gets pretty chilly at night and mornings.

wildstang 09-04-2012 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by MisterCMK (Post 12234699)

Oh. Is it a pond?

DieselCamper01 09-04-2012 10:18 AM

Looks like a small lake to me Jim.

wildstang 09-04-2012 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by DieselCamper01 (Post 12234805)
Looks like a small lake to me Jim.

I say its a big pond }>:-duel1

Jbotto 09-04-2012 10:55 AM

Morning guys! Hope everyone had a fun Labor Day weekend! I didn't get much accomplished, but overall it was a good one. I'm heading back to the apartment before I MIGHT have class at noon. I'm unsure yet, and waiting to hear back from the professor. Talk with you all later!

Devious Delight 09-04-2012 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Jbotto (Post 12234924)
Morning guys! Hope everyone had a fun Labor Day weekend! I didn't get much accomplished, but overall it was a good one. I'm heading back to the apartment before I MIGHT have class at noon. I'm unsure yet, and waiting to hear back from the professor. Talk with you all later!

that sounds like a dangerous weekend...}>

Excursion4X4 09-04-2012 02:20 PM

Nice out yesterday. Had the boat out WOW it was nice!!!!!!!

Excursion4X4 09-04-2012 02:20 PM

Kids all started school today. Devon's first football game tonight!

fordpower88 09-04-2012 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by MisterCMK (Post 12234699)

Must have tied one on pretty good if you woke up on the end of the dock! :-X04 :-partybud

Originally Posted by msmenne17 (Post 12234703)
Good Morning everyone!! Good thing there was someone on the bus that Jase knew. Otherwise, Beth might still be with him at school. Our kids start school on Thursday. The elementary schools in our district have parent teacher conferences before school starts. It's a good way to get to know the kids and know what the teachers can expect on the first day of school. It's an issue for child care because there is no district sponsored child care for Tue/Wed and all of the high schoolers start right away Tuesday.

Yeah it helped for sure to have someone there he knew!

Originally Posted by wildstang (Post 12234735)
September is awesome weather usually like this past weekend. October gets pretty chilly at night and mornings.

Just means you have to cuddle more to keep warm! }>

Hey Jake! Glad to hear your weekend was good.

Originally Posted by Excursion4X4 (Post 12235529)

Hey Dale! It was very nice out. I wish we could have had the boat out.

wildstang 09-04-2012 03:04 PM

No cuddling for a while she just told me I would ne sleeping in the garage if its not cleaned out tonight

DieselCamper01 09-04-2012 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by wildstang (Post 12234865)
I say its a big pond }>:-duel1

Your eyes are just too big is all.

Good luck!

Originally Posted by Excursion4X4 (Post 12235529)

Oh shut up you...

Originally Posted by wildstang (Post 12235657)
No cuddling for a while she just told me I would ne sleeping in the garage if its not cleaned out tonight

Score!

Jbotto 09-04-2012 06:34 PM

Just got back from a 3.5 hour lab out in a restored prairie. Pretty fun, but haven't eaten since 11 and even that was hardly anything. Gotta go find some food! Talk with you all tomorrow!

Skill_Kills 09-04-2012 07:26 PM

6 pages already!!! dang im too slow for you guys. Had a great weekend up in Gilbert. went wheeling and chilled with some good friends and met some of the rock crawling club that makes some of the trails up there. took hardly any pictures and 1 video, went on some truck only trails with my wheeler and had an absolute blast.

smacked an Hyundai santa fe on the way up but only bent up the bracket from the bumper to the frame rail. looks fine to the average person though.

also, im still on my quest for a 5th wheel hitch and camper, the one in menomonie sold before i could go look at it and the ones i have looked at are kinda junk. cheap is my budget for sure now that my buddy found me a 54 1 ton for $350

also thought this song fits well for this crew:
LoCash Cowboys - If We All Drove Trucks (live in Atlantic Beach, NC) - YouTube

off to the neighbors for some grillin, ill cya later guys

Ford79 09-04-2012 08:21 PM

Good evening guys.

Good evening guys!

That really sucks to hear Troy.

dlibson 09-04-2012 08:46 PM

Evening all! How goes it?