Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum39/)
-   -   69 F100 SWB 4x4 - Yard Sale Find (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1186247-69-f100-swb-4x4-yard-sale-find.html)

Poorhouse 08-30-2012 11:58 AM

69 F100 SWB 4x4 - Yard Sale Find

I originally joined this site when looking for a plow truck a few years ago. Was trying to find a '77 F-250. Ended up with a plow attached to a free Dodge that worked well enough until we sold the house and the plow with it.

Found a Ford last weekend yardsaling with the wife and 2 year old Saturday morning.

Looking through the usual junk at our first stop when I hear someone asking the seller about an old white truck by their barn.

Seller advises it is for sale and to make offer. The guy asking says his son is into Fords and he will send him over. I walk out back and see a mossed over white bumpside with few dents, but no real rust. F100, short bed, 4x4, 4spd. I'm interested we have a few stumps to move and some brush and some other things. The wife is interested thinking we can move all that junk listed above. The 2 year old is over the moon looking at the truck. I go find the seller, confirm still for sale, she says go ahead and take it for a drive. It starts right up, is a little loud due to the rotted mufflers, we take off. Runs good, shifts good except into 3rd, stops nice and straight, no rattles, everything seems to work. Check under the hood 360 V8 mated to the 4spd. Drive it back, make a deal with the seller and take it home. They are the second owner have had it since 1990, used it for errands and dump runs only. 136k miles is verified with repair receipts. Driven a couple times a month and always maintained. They've put 24k miles on it in 22 years. They bought it from the original owner in California.

Bring it home and haul 3 loads of junk to the dump. Wash it with the wife and kid that afternoon. All the moss and mold washes off no problem, its not a bad looking little truck. Floors are solid, bed is surface rusted but no perferation, needs a tailgate and there is rust on the left inner fender at the hood hinge mount. That's it. Start looking on line and decode the build info on the door.

Made in San Jose.
Wimbeldon White over Light Blue - Repaint in original color, looks like just 1
repaint. Seat is torn up, dash pad
cracked, both door pulls cracked.
Original AM radio works, sun visors
are nice and tight, rubber floor mat is
good.
360, 4x4, 4sd, 4:11 non locking axles.
Base trim with white grill and bumpers. No side trim. Rear bumper is a non step type. Interesting little truck.

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/7752/truck2v.jpg

HIO Silver 08-30-2012 03:02 PM

'Looks like the start of a beautiful relationship.

'Seems 4WD shortbeds are hard to come by with these Bumps so that's a nice find... a very virgin find at that! Surprised that it has lived this long without some PO hacking on it to keep it running.

Keep us posted. :-X22

Poorhouse 08-30-2012 03:33 PM

Having 2 long term owners, I think made the difference in keeping it original.

It has plenty of issues, but it's nice that it isn't hacked and has all the parts it left the factory with.

Went to the local u-pull lot at lunch today and found 4 bump sides and 5 dent sides.
I'll be able to get the little stuff that is missing or damaged, antenna, sun visor rubber ends, washer bottle, mirror, fan shroud.
They have a pretty nice tailgate for $60 that I'm tempted to get. Mine has a big dent in the top that makes it hard to open and close. Only prob with the yards is that it is a peeling light blue and the truck has the Ranger package so it has all the trim on it that mine doesn't have. For the price I should probably pick it up.

Nighteyez 08-31-2012 11:05 AM

Excellent find. Should last you 22 years as well.

Jim

montana_highboy 08-31-2012 01:16 PM

You never know what you'll find at a garage/yard sale...nice find. :-X22