Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.7L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum205/)
-   -   This is prolly a 1 page thread at most (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1183425-this-is-prolly-a-1-page-thread-at-most.html)

CarlT100 08-27-2015 05:40 AM

Good morning, gang.

Dak, it does look like Erika is going to dance on by us and I'm not complaining!

Doug, it would be a 1365 mile ride for me to Dells, WI. I would do that in three days.

Jigger2020 08-27-2015 06:01 AM

Morning Carl Doug n all, it sure cooled off here last night, 'bout 50* now
I wish it was hot, have a good day

EO2SeaBee 08-27-2015 06:36 AM

Howdy Gerry and Carl. 70° and low humidity here this morning. A nice break for sure! Will still reach 95° or so later this afternoon, but the low humidity makes it tolerable. I'm planning to do my yard work when I get home this evening, so the comparatively mild weather will be appreciated.

Carl, I think I would likely also spread it out over 3 days as well, but I still don't know that I would feel comfortable those distances solo. I would do it in a group no problem! Some day, I would like to ride all the way to and from Sturgis.

Jigger2020 08-27-2015 06:41 AM

I guess I'm closer to Dells compared to you guys

via Trans-Canada Hwy/ON-17, 12 hr & 12 min, 683 miles

Iowa Ford 08-27-2015 06:48 AM

Morning guys !
Good weather here too.
I have a dentist appt this Am, what fun.

Jigger2020 08-27-2015 06:50 AM

I dont envy you Tim, good luck

Iowa Ford 08-27-2015 06:54 AM

Thanks Gerry !
I will need it.

CarlT100 08-27-2015 07:02 AM

Gerry, It is 75F here and pleasant for change. It will get up to 90F before the rains hit after lunch.

Doug, spreading the ride out over 3 days give a little over 400 miles per day, which is easy to do. I have done 600 miles per day; but I whipped at the end of the day. I prefer to ride solo. I don't mind riding with two or three trusted friends who I know are skilled riders. I know their riding styles and they know mine. I like to be able to stop when I want, take pics, take side roads, etc. It is nice to have company on a long ride.

Tim, I had a root canal and a cap done on Monday. I am glad that is over!

Iowa Ford 08-27-2015 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by CarlT100 (Post 15598768)
snip

Tim, I had a root canal and a cap done on Monday. I am glad that is over!

Yuck !! I fell sorry for you Carl. Been there my self. Does it ever end ?
Probably not.:'(
Have fun today Carl !

CarlT100 08-27-2015 07:20 AM

You, too, Tim. Have a good day in spite of the dentist!

EO2SeaBee 08-27-2015 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by CarlT100 (Post 15598768)
Doug, spreading the ride out over 3 days give a little over 400 miles per day, which is easy to do. I have done 600 miles per day; but I whipped at the end of the day. I prefer to ride solo. I don't mind riding with two or three trusted friends who I know are skilled riders. I know their riding styles and they know mine. I like to be able to stop when I want, take pics, take side roads, etc. It is nice to have company on a long ride.

I agree with all of that wholeheartedly. Around here, if I'm doing lots of highway miles, or going to be riding after hours in the middle of nowhere with no cell coverage, I prefer to have others with me - both for extra visibility to other road hogs, and for safety in case of breakdowns of some sort. Not knowing what conditions exist north of Hugo, Oklahoma (farthest north I've been on the highways), I like an extra margin of safety. I wouldn't want much of a group, as it seems stops always end up being too long and too close together. One or two experienced and trusted riders would be ideal.

SavageNFS 08-27-2015 07:36 AM

Good morning guys!

Way to get all the units running Doug! I'll bet you are ready for a break :)

My soccer son has his first game today. We have the day off on Thursdays from football, so I'm able to head up and watch :) I hope they play well.

Sailor Roy 08-27-2015 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by CarlT100 (Post 15597968)
That would be a great ride for sure.

Hire a house sitter............:)

Sailor Roy 08-27-2015 10:25 AM

Good morning to all ye Fine Folks........:-wink

Cool morning at Holter Lake..........:-jammin:-jammin
Smoky :p
Quiet and nice.........:)
Well, until the neighbors generator started.......:p
The sites have plenty of room.....so that is nice. I'll have to take some photos today.........
Have fun today and be safe........:)

golfmedik 08-27-2015 11:24 AM

Good afternoon gentlemen!! Just got home form shift, but first took the truck by the dealer yesterday morning and was told it was a bad radio. On the way home from shift, the tech calls me and says your radio is here so I asked if he could do it today and he said if you can get here quickly. Funny thing!!! I WAS IN FRONT OF DEALERSHIP!!!! :-jammin Twenty minutes later and I am on the road with all functions working and everything just fine. Thanks to Crystal, even though I didn't need you this time, you are always keeping up with all of us and we appreciate it more than you know.
As to work yesterday, it was non-stop from shift change until 1140 last night. A very busy day, but a VERY rewarding one. We delivered a 34 week gestation little girl yesterday afternoon just after getting her into the med unit and before leaving the scene. We had some scary moments as the infant didn't want to breathe for a while and mom started hemorrhaging badly. With only two of us in the truck it got pretty stressful for a few minutes and we ended up with one of the rescue guys driving us to the ER. We got on scene, assessed, moved her out of apartment to the truck, two IV's and cardiac monitor and delivered the baby in 14 minutes:-drink Once the baby was stimulated and suctioned enough, she finally began to breathe and cry on her own and pinked up perfectly! I was able to control some of the bleeding with mom and she went straight to the operating room when we got to the hospital. I'm very pleased to say that both are doing great this morning:) This makes the fourth I've delivered in the field and the most taxing, but it was very well worth it. Gonna take the wife out to eat for lunch and go pick up our son from school. Will talk at you guys later.