Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.7L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum205/)
-   -   This is prolly a 1 page thread at most (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1183425-this-is-prolly-a-1-page-thread-at-most.html)

CarlT100 08-10-2015 08:51 PM

Towed the toyhauler down to Tampa this morning. We keep it there in an RV park and use it most every weekend.

I manage to screw up the the landing gear in North Bay and broke the right jack. I had an RV tech meet me in Tampa and he will install a new gear on the right side. The left gear is fine. So right now my toyhauler is sitting on two jack stands on the right side and the landing gear on the left side. The parts should be here Thursday.

Other than that, we had a great trip. We drove a total of 6573 miles and burned a ton of diesel! I averaged 12.0 mpg overall. Remember, we used mostly two wheels while we were in Ontario. The worst mpg I got was 8.3 towing and the best was 11.6. The truck did very well. Towing was a pleasure.

I put just a little over 2000 miles on my Triumph Tiger.

Now to mow, weed whack and trim.

Have a great evening everyone.

CarlT100 08-10-2015 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by EO2SeaBee (Post 15561707)
I would have enjoyed 80° in the sunshine, with 3am traffic (or lack thereof), but with the sunshine, we are getting 105° - plus the extra baking done to us by the sun hitting us directly as well. For some reason, 105° in the shade feels almost comfortable compared to the same in the sun. It is especially nice when cruising on pavement reflecting the heat back up.

I know exactly what you mean. I will get to experience that Wednesday when I ride to Tampa and back. That baking heat off the pavement is terrible.

EO2SeaBee 08-10-2015 08:57 PM

Glad the trip was successful and enjoyable Carl. Sucks about the jacks and landing gear, but good you can get them fixed fairly easily. Enjoy the ride and the sweat that comes with it! You know it's hot when you drink a couple gallons of fluids during a day of riding, and never need a potty break.

RigTrash601 08-10-2015 09:02 PM

Watch "Whacking" and the trim!:D
Sounds like you had a blast also Carl, loved all the pics that you and Roy shared!:)

92F350CC 08-10-2015 09:12 PM

Anything less than twin 350's isn't a boat, Roy.

EO2SeaBee 08-10-2015 09:29 PM

I think in Roy's case, anything with fewer than two reactors IS a boat!

Jigger2020 08-10-2015 09:40 PM

Good to see you Carl n all, your truck did good

darren32 08-10-2015 09:43 PM

Howdy guys:-X03

Originally Posted by GIGGER (Post 15561386)
Darren my with wants a boat too, send money asap...... :)

I wish Gerry. I am picking this up on Wednesday ...

2015 Moomba Mondo Stock: 06F515 | Martin Motor Sports

... if I had the money it would be for me but I don't so it's for the boss lady. :-X04 I could buy 10 (exactly) of my boats for what this thing costs LOL. :-hair

At least it has a FORD engine :)

Have a good night fellas :-X03

EO2SeaBee 08-10-2015 09:48 PM

Darren, I have said it before, but it bears repeating: Boss Lady has great taste!

BTW, What's the latest on the Africa trip for building a playground?

darren32 08-10-2015 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by EO2SeaBee (Post 15561926)
Darren, I have said it before, but it bears repeating: Boss Lady has great taste!

BTW, What's the latest on the Africa trip for building a playground?

I am scheduled for the April trip 2016. That playground is STILL in my snowmobile trailer!! :-arrgh Sea can is supposed to be "ready" in September. 40 footer now, apparently there is a lot of other stuff going. I kinda would like to get the use of my trailer back.

Still trying to get out of it (the trip) but it's not looking good...... :'(

Have a good one Doug :)

CarlT100 08-10-2015 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by EO2SeaBee (Post 15561751)
Glad the trip was successful and enjoyable Carl. Sucks about the jacks and landing gear, but good you can get them fixed fairly easily. Enjoy the ride and the sweat that comes with it! You know it's hot when you drink a couple gallons of fluids during a day of riding, and never need a potty break.

You nailed that, Doug.

Originally Posted by RigTrash601 (Post 15561768)
Watch "Whacking" and the trim!:D
Sounds like you had a blast also Carl, loved all the pics that you and Roy shared!:)

LOL Thanks, Mitch. I have a few more to post later on in the week.

Originally Posted by GIGGER (Post 15561904)
Good to see you Carl n all, your truck did good

Thank you, Gerry. The truck did really well. I am missing North Bay; I loved it up there.

EO2SeaBee 08-10-2015 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by darren32 (Post 15561948)
I am scheduled for the April trip 2016. That playground is STILL in my snowmobile trailer!! :-arrgh Sea can is supposed to be "ready" in September. 40 footer now, apparently there is a lot of other stuff going. I kinda would like to get the use of my trailer back.

Still trying to get out of it (the trip) but it's not looking good...... :'(

Have a good one Doug :)

Darren, pile the playground stuff in her new boat! I bet the container gets there a bit more quickly that way.:-hair

Sailor Roy 08-10-2015 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Chad149 (Post 15560800)
Looks nice Roy. :-jammin
Lots of people look at floorplans but forget about the outboard. Those 40-60hp (or less) are fine for a small private lakes, but get really old on a decent size lake like Darren's.

Agree.........

Closed the deal late today.
2015 .....20 Ft Pontoon.....115 hp Yamaha (2015 model).....2 axle trailer.

:-jammin.....:)

Should have the boat in tow by thursday.

Sailor Roy 08-10-2015 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by darren32 (Post 15560462)
Howdy guys :-X03

Noticed Roy .... 600 lbs of batteries are missing :-huh
Wonder what kinda rig would need that much batteries??

I can't believe my wife gave you a key :'(

X2 awesome Andre!

Have a good week everyone!! :-X03

I have no Idea what you are taking about..........:-huh............}>

Desert Don 08-10-2015 10:17 PM

Good evening all ye merry truckers of the one page variety!!!!!!!!:-wink
Hope all have had a very merry Monday!!!!

Drove the beast into town today for a Doc appointment, and the "Check Coolant Additive" warning popped up! 14,200 miles on it. Anyway, I guess it is just get the correct test strips and remove a bit of coolant from the reservoir tank and do the test, correct?? Shouldn't be too much of a chore. Found the procedure for resetting the warning, so that isn't much of a chore either.

It looks like this is turning into a boating thread for now!!!! The only thing I really know about boats is that they are just a hole in the water to pour money into!!!!! LOLOL }> I personally had two real good days owning a boat...the day I bought it, and the day I sold it! Guess which one was the best!!! But, I really did have a lot of fun with it when I had it, all BS aside. I hope you guys really enjoy yours!!
Hope all have a great evening!!!!