Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.7L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum205/)
-   -   This is prolly a 1 page thread at most (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1183425-this-is-prolly-a-1-page-thread-at-most.html)

SavageNFS 07-30-2015 11:06 AM

Wow...what a Sailor! I suppose you will tell us the water is cold now too?

EO2SeaBee 07-30-2015 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by SavageNFS (Post 15537437)
Wow...what a Sailor! I suppose you will tell us the water is cold now too?

Not this time of year, but it IS deep. Well... something is anyway.:-X18

Jigger2020 07-30-2015 08:04 PM

Evening gang, little windy up here but we had a great day,
we all went out for supper together & ate too much, burp ......:)

SavageNFS 07-30-2015 08:45 PM

This is prolly a 1 page thread at most

Nice...Wish I was there to enjoy that with you guys :)

Jigger2020 07-30-2015 08:49 PM

We wish you were here too, we're not party animals but the days sure go by fast....

RigTrash601 07-30-2015 09:25 PM

Evening folks!:-wink Hope everyone had a great day.

Iowa Ford 07-30-2015 10:29 PM

Sure did Mitch !
How bout you ?

Dakster 07-30-2015 10:53 PM

Good evening everyone... Winds are not my fault in Montana - that's Roy... Now the Cat 5 Hurricane coming thru Florida you can blame on me. Since I am planning on being back next week.

Glad you are having a great time Roy. Looks like Darren rolled out the welcome mat for you too!

Chad149 07-30-2015 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by golfmedik (Post 15535857)
Chad, I am only offering an opinion here, but in the dead summer, those white LEDs draw LOTS of flying insects. We put them on my buddy's toy hauler and in two trips swapped them for yellow ones. I hope you don't have the same experience, but If there's lots of bugs around, they'll find the LEDs even though they don't give off much heat. My camper came with yellow ones under the doors, so we've now swapped his and my work partner's rig out for yellow. I know it's not that bright, but it helps with the bugs tremendously.

Also a trick that I use to light up around the camper with subtle lights, is take a 10amp fuse and put it on your trailer's pigtail across the two top slots. It will be parallel to the index marker on the brake cable. This illuminates all of the running lights on the camper and gives off enough light that you can walk around it without killing yourself. Then when going to bed, just pull the fuse.

We've been using the "porch light" by the door to compensate, haven't had too many issues to date, this should be better from that perspective, headed up to Higgins lake tomorrow evening to find out.:-jammin

I did the trick with the plug end a few years ago and promptly panicked the mother in law. She was sure that something bad was going to happen. Now mind you I work on $100k car's electrical systems on a regular basis and her son is a heavy equipment mechanic who can wire a plug end blindfolded. Our laughter was not appreciated and is now one of those "things" best avoided....:-X04

CarlT100 07-31-2015 12:01 AM

Good morning fellow one pagers.

We are surely enjoying ourselves in North Bay. Gerry and his lovely bride are great people. I rarely have a good internet connection. It is so frustrating; so I have been avoiding the computer.
However. tonight/this morning, it is working well.

Originally Posted by darren32 (Post 15530358)
Howdy guys :-X03
My grandma passed away last night. We will be headed back to Lethbridge at some point. She was suffering pretty bad at the end, she is in a better place now. It will be better for my mom who has been caring for her for the last 5 years. But still never easy when someone you love passes.

Have a good day fellas!! :-X03

Darren, I am sorry to hear of your grandma's passing. It does not matter how much you are expecting it, It still hurts to lose a loved one. I extend my sincere sypathy to you, your mom, your uncles and the whole family.

Gerry, thank you very much for keeping everyone up to date with my adventures.

Originally Posted by SavageNFS (Post 15530605)
In about 2.5 hours...the official start to our football season begins :). We start practice at 4 and go to 6:30 daily and it's hard core until our opener on Aug 18th. I am coaching RB's and a little bit of the QB's this year on offense and DE's on defense. Should be another great season! I'm excited :)

Andre, I hope you have successful football season and a hearty congratulations on your new role with scouts. You will be a great leader.

Originally Posted by GIGGER (Post 15531928)
Carl has landed here safe n sound in North Bay, he had a long day with lots of traffic, alls well
have a good night guys

It took us two hours and forty-three minutes just to get through Toronto! I was glad to finally get to North Bay! :)

Originally Posted by Tim Young (Post 15533149)
Good afternoon guys,

We are on our way home. My dad's memorial was really nice. 21 gun salute and the whole military thing was just awesome.

Tim, I am glad the service went well. The military services are impressive. I have been on both sides of those services. I wish you a safe trip home.

Originally Posted by Tim Young (Post 15533162)
Going through box's and box's of old photos. I found a couple of me and my old road bikes. Whisky I one hand beer in the other. LOL

My 1983 Honda 750 interceptor

Tim, great old pics. :-X22

Originally Posted by Chad149 (Post 15534372)
Quick mod to the camper tonight. Added some better step lighting in the form of cheap strip LEDs.

Doesn't seem too obnoxious, and you can tell they're on now from inside.:-drink

Chad, those lights look really good; that was a good idea. I think I will do that, too. But I will probably use yellow strips.

Everyone have a great day.

Dakster 07-31-2015 12:17 AM

Hey Carl... Nice to see you posting. Glad you and Gerry got to finally meet as well.

CarlT100 07-31-2015 12:20 AM

Andre and Roy, here is proof. :D

Gerry and Carl
http://www.triumphtalk.com/media/dsc_0194.7659/full

CarlT100 07-31-2015 12:23 AM

Thanks, Dak. It has been a pleasure to meet Gerry. He is a great guy and a great friend. I am looking forward to meeting you. I hope you are feeling better.

Dakster 07-31-2015 12:56 AM

Thanks. I am actually feeling better... New meds seem to be working on at least part of my issues.

And I am sure we will meet. Looking forward to it as well.

Jigger2020 07-31-2015 05:22 AM

Good morning guys, glad to see Carl got to log on here to say hello,
its great to meet Carl & his bride, should be a great weekend