Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.7L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum205/)
-   -   This is prolly a 1 page thread at most (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1183425-this-is-prolly-a-1-page-thread-at-most.html)

EO2SeaBee 12-05-2014 10:14 AM

It's Friday, so joke time:

His Lordship, the Earl of Grantham, was in the study at Downton Abbey when Carson, the butler, approached and coughed discreetly.

“My Lord, may I ask you a question?”

“Go ahead, Carson,” said His Lordship.

“I am doing the crossword in The Times and I have found a word I am not too clear on.”

“What word is that?” asked His Lordship.

“Aplomb,” My Lord.

“Now that's a difficult one to explain. I would say it is self-assurance or complete composure.”

“Thank you, My Lord, but I'm still a trifle confused to its application.”

“Let me give you an example to make it clearer. Do you remember a few months ago when the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge arrived to spend a weekend with us?”

“Oh, I remember the occasion very well, My Lord. It gave the staff and myself much pleasure to look after them.”

“Also,” continued the Earl of Grantham, “do you remember when the Duke, Wills, plucked a rose for Duchess Kate in the rose garden?”

“I was present on that occasion, My Lord, ministering to their needs. While plucking the rose, a thorn embedded itself into the Duke’s thumb very deeply. I witnessed the incident, My Lord, and saw the Duchess herself remove the thorn and bandage his thumb with her own dainty handkerchief. Very touching it was, My Lord.”

“That evening the wound from the rose’s thorn made Wills’ thumb exceptionally sore. To prevent him pain or embarrassment, Kate cut up Wills’ venison even though the venison was extremely tender.”

“Yes, My Lord, I did see everything that transpired that evening.”

“The next morning while you were pouring coffee for Her Ladyship, Kate inquired of Wills with a loud voice, 'Darling, does your prick still throb?' Lady Grantham fainted, I fell out of my chair laughing, and you, Carson; you did not spill one drop of coffee!

Now, that is aplomb.”

Have a happy Friday guys.

Sailor Roy 12-05-2014 10:15 AM

Top of the Morning to Ya......:-wink

Thank You for the encouragement.......Discouragement and the feeling of not having any control over this really hit Wed and Thur.

I really do not have any control........so.......Buckup Buttercup......:-X10

...yes....It will be worth the wait........:-X22

Thank You :)

EO2SeaBee 12-05-2014 10:25 AM

Roy, how is garage cleaning coming along? Last pics I saw, it looked like quite a project.

Sailor Roy 12-05-2014 10:38 AM

Very Good Doug.........:-missingt:-missingt

darren32 12-05-2014 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy (Post 14877794)
Hi Darren.......Question :-huh

Does your office ever do any work.........:-hair

:-missingt:-missingt

The office does .... but me .... as little as possible }>

Thanks Gerry

Have a good weekend! :-X03

Sailor Roy 12-05-2014 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by EO2SeaBee (Post 14877831)
Roy, how is garage cleaning coming along? Last pics I saw, it looked like quite a project.

Did Lynn tell you to say that..........:-X04:-X04

It has progressed.........Still more to clean out, then the rebuild.
Weather and "other" interruptions have slowed work down.....Today is supposed to warm up to the 30's......I'll be back at it.

Sailor Roy 12-05-2014 10:46 AM

News from the Dealer.........I pestered them to call...send smoke signals....something, but find out what the hell is going on.

They called the trucking company. The "new" target is the 1st of next week.
Time for more Accessories to arrive........:-roll........:-X04

LabCab 12-05-2014 10:57 AM

Well, that is better news than I received back in 98 when I ordered the WORST rig I have ever owned, a Suburban. It was weeks overdue and when I talked to the dealer and asked them to get with Chevy to track the rail car they said no one knew where the rail car was for another couple of weeks.... Can you imagine loosing a rail car for almost a month. I was not a happy camper. As it turned out since I was and still am a very loyal Ford owner Chevy took a picture of my family and put it on the wall at the Suburban factory with bins under the picture. They added the caption this is a Ford family buying their first Chevy. Put all defective parts in these bins, when there are enough to build the Burb we will build it and pass it onto Pat..... First warranty appointment was 2 days after I bought it, more parts replaced under warranty the first year than all the warranty work I have had done to the dozen or more Fords I have owned. Never got to take a family vacation without adding a Chevy dealer into the plans due to a breakdown, or light..... Very worst vehicle I have ever owned and one of the happiest days was the day I traded it in for my Ford Excursion, one of the very best vehicles I have ever owned!

Roy, a month after you get the JGG all this frustration will slip to the back of your brain and you will be focusing on the future fun you will have towing and camping with the family.
Cheers.
Pat

darren32 12-05-2014 11:03 AM

Proof that Men Have Better Friends...

Friendship among Women: A woman didn't come home one night. The next morning she told her husband that she had slept over at a friend's house. The man called his wife's 10 best friends. None of them knew anything about it.

Friendship among Men: A man didn't come home one night. The next morning he told his wife that he had slept over at a friend's house. The woman called her husband's 10 best friends. Eight confirmed that he had slept over, and two said he was still there.

Jigger2020 12-05-2014 11:11 AM

What other 'make' Roy, I dont remember reading anything........

PS: this is an open forum, did I tell you I bought a new Hugo??? :)

92F350CC 12-05-2014 11:14 AM

Roy, in a year or two you should trade that Prius in for this:

Ford 'working very hard' on F-150 hybrid

EO2SeaBee 12-05-2014 11:21 AM

Good stuff Darren. Guys always got your back! Women - not so much.

Gerry, what's a Hugo?

Roy, getting knee deep in that garage project should take your mind off of JGG for a few days and that will get you to the first of next week! Problem solved!

Pat, The only GM I ever had was a POS too. It was a good thing I could work on it myself, as that became the routine for me. I have owned many Fords over the years and I have never had more than minor frustrations along the way. If it was still under warranty, Ford took care of it. After the warranty was over, they were always issues I could handle in my garage.

Brett, I don't dislike the idea of a hybrid F-150, but I would prefer a Diesel option instead - assuming I ever feel the need to go back to a half ton.

Sailor Roy 12-05-2014 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by LabCab (Post 14877896)
Well, that is better news than I received back in 98 when I ordered the WORST rig I have ever owned, a Suburban. It was weeks overdue and when I talked to the dealer and asked them to get with Chevy to track the rail car they said no one knew where the rail car was for another couple of weeks.... Can you imagine loosing a rail car for almost a month. I was not a happy camper. As it turned out since I was and still am a very loyal Ford owner Chevy took a picture of my family and put it on the wall at the Suburban factory with bins under the picture. They added the caption this is a Ford family buying their first Chevy. Put all defective parts in these bins, when there are enough to build the Burb we will build it and pass it onto Pat..... First warranty appointment was 2 days after I bought it, more parts replaced under warranty the first year than all the warranty work I have had done to the dozen or more Fords I have owned. Never got to take a family vacation without adding a Chevy dealer into the plans due to a breakdown, or light..... Very worst vehicle I have ever owned and one of the happiest days was the day I traded it in for my Ford Excursion, one of the very best vehicles I have ever owned!

Roy, a month after you get the JGG all this frustration will slip to the back of your brain and you will be focusing on the future fun you will have towing and camping with the family.
Cheers.
Pat

Very True........Part of my frustration, I know this process can be so much better for very little money.

Next week........:)

Sailor Roy 12-05-2014 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by GIGGER (Post 14877918)
What other 'make' Roy, I dont remember reading anything........

PS: this is an open forum, did I tell you I bought a new Hugo??? :)

Prius Hybrid........Lynn purchased yesterday.........Nice car.

Sailor Roy 12-05-2014 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by EO2SeaBee (Post 14877942)
Good stuff Darren. Guys always got your back! Women - not so much.

Gerry, what's a Hugo?

Roy, getting knee deep in that garage project should take your mind off of JGG for a few days and that will get you to the first of next week! Problem solved!

Don't be so practical..........:-missingt:-missingt

Pat, The only GM I ever had was a POS too. It was a good thing I could work on it myself, as that became the routine for me. I have owned many Fords over the years and I have never had more than minor frustrations along the way. If it was still under warranty, Ford took care of it. After the warranty was over, they were always issues I could handle in my garage.

Brett, I don't dislike the idea of a hybrid F-150, but I would prefer a Diesel option instead - assuming I ever feel the need to go back to a half ton.

Ya heard it here.............:-jammin:-jammin

Doug is trading the F-350 in on A Fiat 1500 diesel wanta be..........:-X19