Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2009 - 2014 F150 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum193/)
-   -   3.5 Ecoboost to go racing in Daytona Prototypes (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1176350-3-5-ecoboost-to-go-racing-in-daytona-prototypes.html)

SabreFX4 07-18-2012 08:24 AM

3.5 Ecoboost to go racing in Daytona Prototypes

Just reading that Roush Yates is developing the 3.5 twin turbo V6 Ecoboost, to replace the current 5.0 engine next year, in the Ford Daytona Prototypes that race in the Grand Am Rolex series.

Seems to me to be a pretty good sign that Ford and Roush Yates has a lot of faith in the HP, torque and reliability of the Ecoboost, to be making that commitment!

ri_truck_guy 07-18-2012 11:35 AM

Even better...if they're going racing you know that Rousch upgrades and tuning for the Ecoboost isn't far behind. They already have an exhaust. You have to think Ford won't screw with Rousch over warranty issues.

BigDfromTN 07-18-2012 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by ri_truck_guy (Post 12072546)
Even better...if they're going racing you know that Rousch upgrades and tuning for the Ecoboost isn't far behind. They already have an exhaust. You have to think Ford won't screw with Rousch over warranty issues.

We can all hope, But then again. This is an impressive platform as is.

Greg B 07-18-2012 08:29 PM

That might just convince me to go with an EcoBoost on my next truck. It's hard to beat Roush quality in aftermarket stuff. I have always preferred Roush Mustangs over Saleen Mustangs. Nearly identical results, I just think the looks of the Roush version are more my taste.

tseekins 07-19-2012 05:38 AM

I can't wait to see some future reports on this. I know many here are salivating for aftermarket opportunities, I hope this gains some respect from the naysayers.

BigDfromTN 10-30-2012 09:40 PM

Had dinner tonight and talked with a guy that grinds cams for NASCAR. Believe me when I say this guy is good at what he does and works for a MAJOR cam company.

He told me they have been doing some cam work for Roush to go in the Ego-boost engines. Will be interesting to see what comes of it.:-X04

Beach_Bob 10-31-2012 07:32 AM

Could this be the return of a Lightning type model?

SabreFX4 10-31-2012 08:08 AM

I spoke with the fellows from Roush Yates engines this last weekend, at the Grand Am test at Kansas Speedway. They tell me it will probably be 2014 now, before we see a good number of the 3.5 Ecoboost engines in the Daytona Prototypes. They are still working to get the engine computer mapping right. We could see 1 engine run in the series next year as a test, but they want to get everything right the first time and it is taking them longer to tweak the Ecoboost than they ever imagined....they had hoped to have it up and running, so to speak, for the 2013 Grand Am season.

blueovelboy 10-31-2012 02:00 PM

out of three ford dealers i work for doing their lot lighting. i have heard about this and all three told me it wont be long till after market starts hitting shelves. but all three also told me that if i did get a ego boost i should get the longest warranty possible