Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.4L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum169/)
-   -   Banks six gun+ Banks IQ (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1173990-banks-six-gun-banks-iq.html)

dman255 07-07-2012 07:46 PM

Banks six gun+ Banks IQ

Hi I've got a whole setup of the the banks six gun and Banks IQ for a 6.4 Powerstroke. When I bought my truck it had the six gun tuner on it but the previous owner kept the IQ. I bought a brand new Banks IQ in Jan 2012 this year and used it until the end of March 2012. If anybody is interested in this setup please let me know. I paid like 550 for the IQ. I also have a DPF-R that works great with the bank setup to remove the DPF. I paid 397 for that back in Feb. Also in like new condition.
Thanks, Donovan

RM2738 07-08-2012 12:11 PM

I sent you a PM.

senix 07-08-2012 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by dman255 (Post 12034331)
Hi I've got a whole setup of the the banks six gun and Banks IQ for a 6.4 Powerstroke. When I bought my truck it had the six gun tuner on it but the previous owner kept the IQ. I bought a brand new Banks IQ in Jan 2012 this year and used it until the end of March 2012. If anybody is interested in this setup please let me know. I paid like 550 for the IQ. I also have a DPF-R that works great with the bank setup to remove the DPF. I paid 397 for that back in Feb. Also in like new condition.
Thanks, Donovan

Might be interested in the DPF R.

dman255 07-08-2012 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by senix (Post 12036483)
Might be interested in the DPF R.

Sent you a pm
Thanks

auriferous 09-22-2012 10:47 AM

regret buying everything I did buy from banks ! service sucks IQ keeps blanking out and the monster exhaust is un neccessary unless you remove the dpf .called the factory this sat.morning to report the IQ trouble and the phone msg center keeps cutting out. look carefully at tuners before buying sure wish I had!

RM2738 09-22-2012 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by auriferous (Post 12297190)
regret buying everything I did buy from banks ! service sucks IQ keeps blanking out and the monster exhaust is un neccessary unless you remove the dpf .called the factory this sat.morning to report the IQ trouble and the phone msg center keeps cutting out. look carefully at tuners before buying sure wish I had!

I've heard of a few people having issues. Biggest problems I've heard was service. Doesn't seem like Banks likes to offer support for people who don't buy direct. When I was shopping for tuners, I spoke with them a few times and they pretty much confirmed that for me. I asked if they would match or beat distributor pricing and they pretty much said I was on my own if I bought from someone else and had problems.

But, on the flip side, I know there are lots of satisfied people.

senix 09-22-2012 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by auriferous (Post 12297190)

I had that happen once. I sent it in and they reloaded the software free of charge.

I paid one way shipping only. They paid the other.

Never had a problem since.

smotrs 09-25-2012 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by senix (Post 12298052)
I had that happen once. I sent it in and they reloaded the software free of charge.

I paid one way shipping only. They paid the other.

Never had a problem since.

Same here, very few problems with the Banks system and I have more then most and been using it the longest.