Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Minnesota Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum86/)
-   -   The "Slow down Summer, it's already July?" BS Thread (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1172543-the-slow-down-summer-its-already-july-bs-thread.html)

DieselCamper01 07-30-2012 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by msmenne17 (Post 12115882)
The reddish brown cancer will still exist though. I can't erase 16+ years of Minnesota winters cost effectively. I'd rather sell this, sell our van and get a 99-03 super duty. I don't think I'll be able to afford anything beyond 03.

You would be surprised at what you can get a 2004 or 2005 for these days. Don't rule those out.

Jbotto 07-30-2012 05:25 PM

Hey guys! Hope everyone is having a good Monday! I survived the weekend, pictures, wedding, reception, and my speech. My friends, the bride and groom, both loved it so I guess I did something good!

dlibson 07-30-2012 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by msmenne17 (Post 12114798)
Thought about the used tranny route. There are some logistical issues with that though such as getting the tranny and truck to a place to swap. I'm not planning on getting rid of the truck until probably next year sometime. Not until I can pay it off and get our tax return next year. If I chuck it now, I have nothing to two the camper with. If I pay someone to swap trannys locally, the price of the tranny plus the swap, I've almost rebuilt the existing one.

I just have one shipped to the shop, then get the truck there for a GTG. Done...

Ford79 07-30-2012 06:57 PM

Ugh.......................

MisterCMK 07-30-2012 07:06 PM

Yay.

?????

msmenne17 07-30-2012 08:26 PM

Good evening everyone! Sitting here watching Olympic swimming and trying to track down a part for the van. Stopped at O'reilly on my way home (that was an experience in and of itself) to have the ABS computer read. The Brake and ABS lights come on intermittently. Sometimes right away, sometimes never. From everything I read, the codes that it came up with refer to a bad ABS Controller. Can't seem to find the part.

msmenne17 07-30-2012 08:32 PM

So ... the O'reilly thing.

I stopped there and asked the guy if they could read ABS codes. He started looking at the computer for something. I sat there for a bit, kinda confused. Another guy overheard and asked if I had the codes. I said no, that's what I need ... does your code reader read the ABS computer? First guy ... "well it's supposed to, but I've never done it, so you'd be learning along with us." He pulls out the code reader and hands it to me, then goes on to do something else. Uhhh ... ok. I got the codes I needed, walked back into the store, dropped it on the counter and left without saying anything. I might be calling the store manager tomorrow. Uhh ... customer service?

Not to mention the guy's appearance. I don't mind ear piercings on guys as long as they're tactful. This guy was less than tactful. 1 inch holes in each earlobe, a piercing through the one side of his bottom lip, and at least one if not both eyebrows were pierced. It just doesn't look very professional to me.

MisterCMK 07-30-2012 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by msmenne17 (Post 12116806)
So ... the O'reilly thing.

I stopped there and asked the guy if they could read ABS codes. He started looking at the computer for something. I sat there for a bit, kinda confused. Another guy overheard and asked if I had the codes. I said no, that's what I need ... does your code reader read the ABS computer? First guy ... "well it's supposed to, but I've never done it, so you'd be learning along with us." He pulls out the code reader and hands it to me, then goes on to do something else. Uhhh ... ok. I got the codes I needed, walked back into the store, dropped it on the counter and left without saying anything. I might be calling the store manager tomorrow. Uhh ... customer service?

Not to mention the guy's appearance. I don't mind ear piercings on guys as long as they're tactful. This guy was less than tactful. 1 inch holes in each earlobe, a piercing through the one side of his bottom lip, and at least one if not both eyebrows were pierced. It just doesn't look very professional to me.

Michael, you were able to use their code reader free of charge and are complaining about customer service?

As far as the piercings go, so what?

msmenne17 07-30-2012 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by MisterCMK (Post 12116818)
Michael, you were able to use their code reader free of charge and are complaining about customer service?

As far as the piercings go, so what?

I didn't say it was bad customer service, there just wasn't any service at all. Every other time I've stopped at a parts store to have a code read, they do it so they know the code and can sell you something. I don't mind doing it. I'm comfortable using them and can figure the code readers out pretty easy.

The piercings just don't look professional to me. Probably has to do with the way I grew up. I was warned not to come home with ANY piercings or my mom would rip them out.

msmenne17 07-30-2012 08:53 PM

Gotta love it when nobody calls a part the same thing.

I've seen EBCM, ABS Control Module, Chassis Control Module, Chassis Brain Box, Body Control Module and Relay Control Module. As near as I can tell, they are all the same thing. The descriptions sort of fit, but most don't reference ABS or brakes at all.

DieselCamper01 07-30-2012 09:05 PM

Good evening gang.

wildstang 07-30-2012 09:06 PM

Good evening MN.

Hopefully you can get your van fixed Michael

dlibson 07-30-2012 09:10 PM

Evening all!

Michael, what was the code(s)?

Jbotto 07-30-2012 09:13 PM

Evening guys! Long weekend! Bed early tonight.... maybe.

MisterCMK 07-30-2012 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by msmenne17 (Post 12116864)
I didn't say it was bad customer service, there just wasn't any service at all. Every other time I've stopped at a parts store to have a code read, they do it so they know the code and can sell you something. I don't mind doing it. I'm comfortable using them and can figure the code readers out pretty easy.

The piercings just don't look professional to me. Probably has to do with the way I grew up. I was warned not to come home with ANY piercings or my mom would rip them out.

I figure different strokes for different folks. Would i get anything pierced? No. Does that mean somebody else shouldnt, nope.