Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1997 - 2003 F150 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum25/)
-   -   Need bed bolts....u know where to find them? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1168085-need-bed-bolts-u-know-where-to-find-them.html)

awcforever 06-11-2012 12:13 AM

Need bed bolts....u know where to find them?

I have a 99 F150 short bed......I need all 6 bolts and the little slide nut/fastners that go over the frame.

I found a set on ebay, but I can't justify paying $100 for bolts.....crazy:-huh

I had to drill all of mine out after I broke 3 star keys. If I can't find them cheap I am just going to attempt to use some store bought grade 8's.

It would just be a whole lot easier with the original hardware to avoid having to get under there with wrench/ratchet.....

Thanks.

94powerstroke 06-11-2012 06:16 AM

i dont know about the heritage style but on my 94 f350 when i installed my box i used stainless carriage bolts and big flat washers so they would clamp the box a nd not pull trough. if you want the actual original hardware youd have to go through the dealer or maybe Lmc reuck or Nationalparts depot depending where you live you can try crosscanadaautoparts.com thats what all the body and collision shops use to order panels and stuff.

awcforever 06-12-2012 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by 94powerstroke (Post 11938871)
i dont know about the heritage style but on my 94 f350 when i installed my box i used stainless carriage bolts and big flat washers so they would clamp the box a nd not pull trough. if you want the actual original hardware youd have to go through the dealer or maybe Lmc reuck or Nationalparts depot depending where you live you can try crosscanadaautoparts.com thats what all the body and collision shops use to order panels and stuff.

I called the dealer and they want $7 per nut, $26 per bolt and $5 per washer.......$228!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-blah:-arrgh:-huh:'(

I think I am hitting the salvage lot today. I assume that most of these places pull the beds for resale and I am hoping the speed nuts for the trucks are still attached to the frames.....thennnnn I can use whatever bolts I want....

Hopefully.

MisterCMK 06-12-2012 09:14 AM

Call Tousley Ford.

coolguy1419 06-12-2012 12:20 PM

I would just go to your local hardware store and get bolts, washers, an lock nuts. If you put on a body lift they give you normal bolts to use. It's a pain to have to wrench on them alittle but in the log run it is by far cheaper!!

Mickirig1 06-12-2012 10:27 PM

I live in an old Industrail area. The "rust belt". We have fastener places that pretty much have anything you need when it comes to bolts/nuts/etc! Try one around you,know the sizes and what you want. The stuff is dirt cheap compared to a dealer. Grade 8 is not a problem. Fastenol comes to mind, you should have one or two in your state. My Nephew delived to your state as a truck driver.