Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Oklahoma Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum92/)
-   -   Owasso Thieves (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1167027-owasso-thieves.html)

Shaneb75 06-05-2012 10:52 PM

Owasso Thieves

Most if not all the apartment complexes in Owasso are getting hammered with vehicle break ins. My F250 was hit about 3 weeks ago, and my wife's Pathfinder was hit last week.

I have about 3 months until my house is built!! I cant wait to get out of this freaking place!:-arrgh

MikeB 88 06-06-2012 07:55 AM

I thought that the Owasso Police caught the people preforming these bereak-in's. Maybe there's a new gang in town??

Shaneb75 06-06-2012 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by MikeB 88 (Post 11921059)
I thought that the Owasso Police caught the people preforming these bereak-in's. Maybe there's a new gang in town??

The ones they caught were opening unlocked vehicles. This group of thugs are smashing and grabbing! I think there was some others hitting businesses, not sure if they were caught yet. Several apt complexes are getting hit, not just the one I live in.

I heard another 3 cars were hit in my complex Thursday morning last week. Not sure if any this week.

cigarxtc 06-06-2012 12:17 PM

That sux. Sorry to hear that. Dang thievin scum. I hope they catch them all. (I'm so glad we dont live in apts anymore too.)Best of luck in ya'lls last three months there. Maybe some formal certified complaint letters to the apt management will get them to beef up lighting, security, etc?....

Shaneb75 06-06-2012 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by cigarxtc (Post 11922043)
That sux. Sorry to hear that. Dang thievin scum. I hope they catch them all. (I'm so glad we dont live in apts anymore too.)Best of luck in ya'lls last three months there. Maybe some formal certified complaint letters to the apt management will get them to beef up lighting, security, etc?....

Thank you... Unfortunately the complex really isn't taking much of any action, and probably won't until the office has some windows smashed out....

Oh well, after today all three cars will have alarm systems. My ONLY expectation is to have the alarm go off and have enough time to fly out and meet them with a "hand shake"!! Even if I get a tag number, I would be satisfied!

Gary Lewis 06-06-2012 06:14 PM

That really is a bad scene. Apparently it is happening all over. My buddy from TX called yesterday to tell me that several of the cars and engines he's had in his shop had been stolen. He'd been away and came home to find two guys trying to make off with his '69 Toronado. He said he "held them there until the sheriff got there", which means there was a Glock involved. Those guys squealed and the big boss is now in jail. Apparently he runs a salvage yard and they were stripping everything they stole, selling the parts and crushing the bodies for scrap.

Shaneb75 06-06-2012 09:18 PM

I am glad to here that are a few of them are getting caught! Tell you friend excellent job!

jwtimme 06-07-2012 06:18 AM

I got hit last Thursday, they got in my tool box on my truck and got three of my saws, and to top if off took drinks out of my ice chest in the back of my truck. Prob high schools kids with too much time on their hands now that school is out. It makes my blood boil every time they mess with the way I provide for my family.

Shaneb75 06-07-2012 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by jwtimme (Post 11925143)
I got hit last Thursday, they got in my tool box on my truck and got three of my saws, and to top if off took drinks out of my ice chest in the back of my truck. Prob high schools kids with too much time on their hands now that school is out. It makes my blood boil every time they mess with the way I provide for my family.

I completely agree! Our apt Mgr just put out a letter offering a 250.00 reward leading to an arrest and or prosecution of the jokers... We will see how that pans out!

Jwtimme, sorry to hear about your truck!!:-arrgh

Gary Lewis 06-07-2012 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by jwtimme (Post 11925143)

JW - Sorry to hear that. That hurts!

jwtimme 06-07-2012 06:18 PM

It's a bad deal all around, at least they left me all my hand tools. When I lived in Tulsa they cut both tool boxes off my truck, I mean litteraly cleaned me out. Extension cords and all. That all happened in the sears parking lot.

Rogue_Wulff 06-08-2012 02:00 AM

Unfortunately, the best locks will only keep out the honest people.
Some folks think I'm a bit extreme, as I feel the death penalty should be imposed much more often. Perhaps I am a bit extreme, but when was the last time you saw a crime committed by a dead person?

cigarxtc 06-13-2012 09:44 AM

Great....we're getting more appartments in Owasso. Cant wait until we are able to move further out into the country someday.

City rezones site for new apartment complex - OwassoReporter.com: News

Gary Lewis 06-13-2012 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by cigarxtc (Post 11947493)
Great....we're getting more appartments in Owasso. Cant wait until we are able to move further out into the country someday.

City rezones site for new apartment complex - OwassoReporter.com: News

Come on over! We don't seem to have the problems you do, which may be due to the police car that sits across the street. And, we have houses for sale and empty lots. ;)

Rogue_Wulff 06-13-2012 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Gary Lewis (Post 11947592)
Come on over! We don't seem to have the problems you do, which may be due to the police car that sits across the street.

Hmmm, that could 'splain how I can get away with leaving the keys in the ignition (many times) overnight around here. Between the OHP car parked a few doors down towards the east, and the sherriff's office a couple blocks to the west, it's rather peaceful here. Until I fire up the car, or dad's truck.......