Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Excursion - King of SUVs (http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum29/)
-   -   FREE PARTS! (NOT A "FOR SALE" thread) (http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1157762-free-parts-not-a-for-sale-thread.html)

Peace2Peep 01-10-2012 05:41 PM

FREE PARTS! (NOT A "FOR SALE" thread)

Moderators Note: Read The Rules First Before You Post!

I love the idea for this thread, where Excursion brothers and sisters can help each other out by swapping parts or offering them for free! The original thread got really unwieldy and became inefficient, so we're starting from scratch and implementing some new rules.

The old thread had a lotta conversation, requests, pointers, tips, help, etc that cluttered the thread and made it difficult to find the free parts being offered. It defeated the reason for the thread because it was very difficult to go thru. However, because the old thread generated a lot more traffic, and it actually worked better than the replacement thread, we're going back to the old format.

So, here are the new/old rules for the thread. Please guys, follow these simple rules:

1) There is no attempt to sell anything, and please do not discuss shipping fee's. Take it to PM's to work out the transaction details, but don't talk about money in the thread. Remember guys, all sales are done in the Classifieds section. :-X22

2) Remember to edit your post and remove the item listed once you've shipped it to the new owner. If it's been over 30 days and you can't edit your post, PM a Moderator and we'll do it for you. :-jammin

3) Last but most importantly, FTE and Internet Brands assumes no liability for parts not delivered, exchanged, etc. In other words, if a deal goes awry and you don't get what you were promised, we will not intervene.

2nd Mods Note

Okay guys, I'm gonna make some changes to this thread. It's over three years old now and it's gathered a lot of dust.

From now on this thread will only show posts for the last three months, max. I'm gonna put it on a three month rolling schedule, so on the first of every month (or thereabouts) the oldest month will be deleted.

Stewart

5/20/2015

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, I don't know if this is LEGAL on this board, and I'm not trying to bend any rules, but I'd like to do a "Good Hand/Good Deed" Thread for people looking for certain parts/pieces to our EXCURSIONS that others can/will give them for FREE (the recipient pays actual shipping, if needed)

Can I make a rule? If you take a free item, DON'T SELL IT! That's just not how this kind of stuff should work...you know? Need a penny, take a penny!

Here's what I'm offering:

ALL ITEMS GONE

God bless you all!:-jammin

Sunline Fan 09-15-2016 12:02 PM

Hi All,

I've been cleaning out my garage and have a bunch of tan interior panels I'd like to get rid of. I'm not attempting to box them, so they are pickup only. Hate to cut them up and recycle them if someone needs a nice looking panel. Parts aren't perfect, but they are presentable.

- RR door panel with window switch and 2002 Limited wood grain
- LF door panel with memory seat switch (no window switches) and 2002 Limited wood grain.
- Left rear cargo plastic trim, 2 pcs (the seam is behind the spare tire)
- Right rear cargo plastic trim, no jack door.
- B pillar trim pieces, left and right sides. Slightly curved but not bent/stressed. Could be straightened.
- Front carpet piece
- Rear carpet piece
- Rear window plastic trim
- Main dash plastic (mostly faces the windshield, not the bezel with Excursion logo).

RACERX7775 09-15-2016 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunline Fan (Post 16576312)
Hi All,

I've been cleaning out my garage and have a bunch of tan interior panels I'd like to get rid of. I'm not attempting to box them, so they are pickup only. Hate to cut them up and recycle them if someone needs a nice looking panel. Parts aren't perfect, but they are presentable.

- LF door panel with memory seat switch (no window switches) and 2002 Limited wood grain.
- B pillar trim pieces, left and right sides. Slightly curved but not bent/stressed. Could be straightened.
- Front carpet piece
- Rear carpet piece
- Main dash plastic (mostly faces the windshield, not the bezel with Excursion logo).

Man it sucks that you can't ship. I'd take the door panels in a second.

Sunline Fan 09-15-2016 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACERX7775 (Post 16576354)
Man it sucks that you can't ship. I'd take the door panels in a second.

I wish I could, but after making two boxes for the other two and shipping them, I said never again. Granted at least those are smaller than the rear panels. I'd hate to see what it would cost to ship a rear panel.

Stewart_H 09-15-2016 01:55 PM

Wish you lived closer. I could use the replacement cargo area, passenger side panel. My Blue Heeler scratched the heck out of ours years ago.

Stewart

CharlyG 09-15-2016 02:02 PM

Maybe you could do it like cereal. This package is "shipped" by weight, not by volume...

RobRoss 09-15-2016 08:42 PM

Just FYI, you can ship bulky items cheap via Grey Hound. Go to BusFreighter.com for estimates. They buy space from GH cheaper than we can. I've shipped wheels this way and it's very, very reasonable.

Sunline Fan 09-16-2016 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunline Fan (Post 16576312)
Hi All,

- Front carpet piece
- Rear carpet piece

Adding the rear vent window glass, have both of those too. No frames, but the glass is good.

Stewart_H 09-16-2016 01:09 PM

Jon, do you still have both rear door brackets (barn doors) that the swing-away retainer arms clip into?

Stewart

Apocalypse 09-16-2016 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewart_H (Post 16576610)
Wish you lived closer. I could use the replacement cargo area, passenger side panel. My Blue Heeler scratched the heck out of ours years ago.

Stewart

PM sent ;)

Apocalypse 09-16-2016 02:57 PM

Sunline, do you have doors in mineral grey by chance?

jasoncw 09-16-2016 03:03 PM

Jon, any chance you have the overhead console? I need the garage door opener cover (not sure what it is called).

Sunline Fan 09-17-2016 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewart_H (Post 16579132)
Jon, do you still have both rear door brackets (barn doors) that the swing-away retainer arms clip into? Stewart

Hmm, I'll have to check. Once I get all the engine related parts sorted through and packed up in the next few week or so, I plan to go through the other parts and I'll let you know. The plastic stuff is all so big and the wrong color to match my Ex, so I figured I'd put it up for free or get rid of it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apocalypse (Post 16579361)
Sunline, do you have doors in mineral grey by chance?

No, they went for scrap. They were all bent over on top in the rollover.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasoncw (Post 16579376)
Jon, any chance you have the overhead console? I need the garage door opener cover (not sure what it is called).

No, sorry.

A little tip though, since I replaced the one in my past Ex. The '98-'02 Expedition one will work part wise, but the color may not quite match. The Expedition, or at least early Expedition, one was more brown. That door is like a melted chocolate color in an Excursion but is more a fresh milk chocolate color in the Expedition. If you go to a junkyard, pop out the latch from yours and take it to compare.

Pew Professional 09-22-2016 04:11 PM

If anyone knows where i can find the factory Air intake parts for a 6.0 i would appreciate it. and send them my K&N assembly in trade

speedyweasel 09-23-2016 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pew Professional (Post 16593170)
If anyone knows where i can find the factory Air intake parts for a 6.0 i would appreciate it. and send them my K&N assembly in trade

Not a fan of inefficient, oily filters that allow lots of airflow and dirt into the engine, eh?