Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum170/)
-   -   the official OBS diesel off topic thread (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1157402-the-official-obs-diesel-off-topic-thread.html)

stainlessstroker95 12-28-2014 02:52 AM

Dan has it been raining there? Kinda sounds like a whole bank shut down.

ProjectDually 12-28-2014 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by BBslider001 (Post 14942911)
Making me hungry over here! Lol Hope you had a decent Xmas dude! Sorry you couldn't be home.

That was the whole point Byron, trying to sell breakfast here! :-X04

And for Lunch now: will be a wheat tortilla wrap with swiss cheese, pastrami and turkey, with pickles, onions, black olives, bacon bits and lettuce, with a little bit of mayo and mustard. }>

Ah, It was alright, got to skype with the family back home, made a couple calls to some friends, and hung out with the guys. Making noise, listening to music, passing the time. It's not anything new though, I missed all of the holidays when I was in Germany. It cost way too much to fly home for just a few days.

How was your holiday?

tjc transport 12-28-2014 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by ReBilld (Post 14942668)
It would be a lot easier to turn the garage around and put the garage doors in the back.....that will really mess with their heads! :-X14

can't do that. the dog is so friggin stupid he would walk into the back wall trying to get in. :-X15

mjunk1 12-28-2014 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by oldbird1965 (Post 14942684)
You'll have to sleep with the dog and I'll make cereal for breakfast. :)

You would need to do better than that to have access to "The Stare of Life" for a trip! :-)

I'll get the codes and post. Ran it all day today just fine, so maybe it is just a burp in the system.

oldbird1965 12-28-2014 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by mjunk1 (Post 14944557)
You would need to do better than that to have access to "The Stare of Life" for a trip! :-)

Sorry, its the best I can do for a six month trip, :) LOL

mjunk1 12-28-2014 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by oldbird1965 (Post 14944791)
Sorry, its the best I can do for a six month trip, :) LOL

Any other bidders for my "tele-pathetic" services! :):):)

MOOSE_MACHINE 12-28-2014 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by mjunk1 (Post 14944868)
Any other bidders for my "tele-pathetic" services! :):):)

how does the stare work for oil leaks lol

ReBilld 12-28-2014 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by tjc transport (Post 14943164)
can't do that. the dog is so friggin stupid he would walk into the back wall trying to get in. :-X15

:-missingt:-missingt:-missingt..............I know a guy that has a 40'x60' steel building for a shop. It has 12'x10' roll up doors on the front and a walk in door on one end. He has two little wiener dogs that hang out in the shop with him. When you pull up to his shop they run to the doorway of the big bay doors (while they are open) and bark their heads off, then run all the way to the end of the building and out the walk door to get outside! LOL! They won't come out through the bay doors for some reason!

ProjectDually 12-28-2014 11:39 PM

Holy crap, that pretty much sums up most small dogs Bill! My brother's exgf had a minpin. That dog would pretty much pee all over the house if you so much as looked at it. And it played on a 3 lane hwy outside the house if got out! Now my Shepherd/rottie mix, he would just snort at you if he didn't want to do anything. Somebody stole him though.

mjunk1 12-29-2014 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by ProjectDually (Post 14945594)
Holy crap, that pretty much sums up most small dogs Bill! My brother's exgf had a minpin. That dog would pretty much pee all over the house if you so much as looked at it. And it played on a 3 lane hwy outside the house if got out! Now my Shepherd/rottie mix, he would just snort at you if he didn't want to do anything. Somebody stole him though.

We have two pits that are the same way - if they don't want to do something they just look at you like you are crazy. I would be so pissed if someone stole them. In the old days they would hang you for stealing a horse and I would be inclined to do the same if you stole my dog.

DIYMechanic 12-29-2014 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by ReBilld (Post 14945396)
:-missingt:-missingt:-missingt..............I know a guy that has a 40'x60' steel building for a shop. It has 12'x10' roll up doors on the front and a walk in door on one end. He has two little wiener dogs that hang out in the shop with him. When you pull up to his shop they run to the doorway of the big bay doors (while they are open) and bark their heads off, then run all the way to the end of the building and out the walk door to get outside! LOL! They won't come out through the bay doors for some reason!

:-X04 That's hilarious! Some sort of mental block, I guess. That or a force field you're not seeing!

Originally Posted by mjunk1 (Post 14945902)
We have two pits that are the same way - if they don't want to do something they just look at you like you are crazy. I would be so pissed if someone stole them. In the old days they would hang you for stealing a horse and I would be inclined to do the same if you stole my dog.

You got that right. When I was growing up we had several different Cocker Spaniels (my mom really likes them for some reason). We had a black one for a while and somebody stole him from right in front of the house. Did it about a week before Christmas too. People a jerks, lol. With the two dogs we have now, and as attached as our kids are to them, I'd consider that nigh on kidnapping a family member. Don't mess with my dogs....:-duel1

oldbird1965 12-29-2014 08:39 AM

I've always keep my 'westie' (west highland white terrier) on a leash or locked in the house or car. She is way to cute IMHO, someone would steal her in a second. These dogs cost up to 2 grand so I'm sure someone would take her if given a chance. As far as smarts, I talk to her as if she was human, smart as a wipe!

El Camino Man 12-29-2014 09:38 AM

Them Minpins are adorable dogs! I went to a friends house to play some games and they had a buddy of theirs come over. They had a Minpin they adopted from a shelter. I guess if this dog is iffy about you at all, itll bite you. I stuck my hand down in front of it fully expecting a nip, and he nudged my hand to pet him. The owners couldn't believe it lol. As I was petting him, my gf stuck her hand down by him and he growled lol. But dang that dog was beautiful!

BBslider001 12-29-2014 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by ProjectDually (Post 14942953)
That was the whole point Byron, trying to sell breakfast here! :-X04

And for Lunch now: will be a wheat tortilla wrap with swiss cheese, pastrami and turkey, with pickles, onions, black olives, bacon bits and lettuce, with a little bit of mayo and mustard. }>

Ah, It was alright, got to skype with the family back home, made a couple calls to some friends, and hung out with the guys. Making noise, listening to music, passing the time. It's not anything new though, I missed all of the holidays when I was in Germany. It cost way too much to fly home for just a few days.

How was your holiday?

Glad you can at least Skype! Technology is crazy anymore...sounds like your spirits are up. You got home to look forward to and that truck that needs your attention!! :-jammin

Holiday wasgood here. Family time, drama, and lots of joking and drinking beer! We had good food a plenty and spent most of the time watching the antics of my daughter and her cousins. It was a good time all in all.

In other news fellas, my truck has been running so good. I drove it an hour yesterday to see my dad and spend the day watching the Cowboys game and watching him play with his most prized possession...his grand daughter. He got her a race track with battery powered cars and she just squeals every time they go around that thing. BuT I just can't get over how much power is available and how well it accelerates and rides. It must like being home in Texas. :-X04 It started out as a Texas truck after all. It's all I can figure. Either that or Travis snuck up here and did a mod or two! LOL

AS far as dogs go, my Border Collies would always bug the absolute heck out of anyone to take them to herd the cattle. My female would just come sit by your right side and very lightly lay her head against your thigh and look up at you longingly. She knew better than to bark at you for permission like the other one. I was like "we herded those dang cattle once this morning,just like every morning....quit asking!!!!" LOL.....they could also do addition and subtraction in their spare time...smart frickin dogs

Hope everyone had a blessed holiday! We sure did for a change. Here's to 2015! :-drink:-drink

ProjectDually 12-29-2014 02:30 PM

Yup! It's almost over with, and will be pulling all of my tools and crap out of storage here in a few short months. My truck is definitely on my mind most of the time. Bookmarks and bookmarks of all the stuff for an engine rebuild. HPOP and injectors are easy though, tear em out, and send them on their way! Taxes will definitely help assure getting as much done in one go as possible.

As for technology, it sure has! Even though I can't be there, it's a big relief for families to see us or hear us for the holidays.

As for dogs, the next dog I get will be trained a bit differently. He was socialized around lots of people all the time, and was very friendly. It's not that I would rather have a one person dog, just a dog that will not be as inclined to go with just anyone. I was thinking of a shepherd wolf mix. Beautiful and extremely smart. I'm not about whether the dog has AKC papers, or a champion bloodline.

But if I ever find out who stole him, it won't be a very pretty life for him.

Maybe somebody abused the minpin before we got it. The dog didn't last long though, way too skittish. With 6 of us living in the house, the majority vote won. And then I adopted Antares.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...a0eabdda92.jpg

I had just got home, and was the first time he'd seen me since I left for basic. And his ears never did stand up like a full blood shepherd would. He was about a year old at this picture. He would be about 4 now.