Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum170/)
-   -   the official OBS diesel off topic thread (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1157402-the-official-obs-diesel-off-topic-thread.html)

El Camino Man 02-07-2014 02:50 PM

Soooo... Whats everyone been up to? Pretty dead on here the last few days lol

Our snowstorm wasn't near as bad as they predicted... thank goodness! About 4 inches or so of snow and hardly no ice! The wind didn't blow so it didn't drift either. But theyre calling for snow 4 out of the next 7 days...

farmert 02-07-2014 03:07 PM

28 below zero last night, and the fernace in the house decided it needed a break. Good thing I had the wood stove to keep the frost out. Called the repair man, and he was on his way by so he stopped and got it going again.

El Camino Man 02-07-2014 03:18 PM

I didn't put enough wood in the stove the other night... Woke up to 58* lol.

-28 makes my -5 feel pretty good lol

FI460 02-07-2014 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by farmert (Post 14043171)
28 below zero last night, and the fernace in the house decided it needed a break. Good thing I had the wood stove to keep the frost out. Called the repair man, and he was on his way by so he stopped and got it going again.

Gotta love the quick fix! The Bay area is getting some pretty good weather, as is Oregon. It's all pretty much going around me though :(.

BBslider001 02-07-2014 04:17 PM

Man, -28 is NO bueno. And I complain about the 40s...poor wittle me.

tshrager 02-07-2014 04:28 PM

We got about 8" tues night/wed morning. I worked my 8hrs tues and headed out to plow that evening. Ended up pushing snow for 18hrs then we had a wake for a good friend that passed. All in all I was up for almost 40hrs. Still not sure how I pulled that off. Lol

strokin'_tatsch 02-07-2014 05:11 PM

I've been running around trying to gather money and parts for the rebuild of my SD. LOL. Nothing like being in a time crunch trying to run down parts that I decided need to be put on the truck while it's in the body shop for repairs... I walked in the gun store down the street from my house on Monday and what do they have in the cabinet??? An FN Five seveN... A pistol that I have wanted for a few years now. I've never even seen one in person until now. Why does it have to appear when I'm dropping all my money on body work? It's hard not to say EFF the SD and scoop up this Five seveN.. I don't need it right??? Someone tell me I don't need another pistol... :(

FI460 02-07-2014 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by strokin'_tatsch (Post 14043664)
I've been running around trying to gather money and parts for the rebuild of my SD. LOL. Nothing like being in a time crunch trying to run down parts that I decided need to be put on the truck while it's in the body shop for repairs... I walked in the gun store down the street from my house on Monday and what do they have in the cabinet??? An FN Five seveN... A pistol that I have wanted for a few years now. I've never even seen one in person until now. Why does it have to appear when I'm dropping all my money on body work? It's hard not to say EFF the SD and scoop up this Five seveN.. I don't need it right??? Someone tell me I don't need another pistol... :(

Popular gun, they'll keep making them. They dont make 7.3's anymore :-X22.

coreyallan01 02-07-2014 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by FI460 (Post 14043731)
Popular gun, they'll keep making them. They dont make 7.3's anymore :-X22.

I just spent 15minutes reading up on it! I'd really like to shoot one. I checked our local swap&sell it guide the famous "Uncle Henrys"; ( dad called it the bible growing up) there are two for sale in 50 miles.. I'm gunna check them out when I get home.. Sounds like the armor piercing rounds are a favorite bit of unobtanium....

strokin'_tatsch 02-07-2014 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by FI460 (Post 14043731)
Popular gun, they'll keep making them. They dont make 7.3's anymore.

They may make them a little while longer, but I wouldn't exactly call them popular. LOL The gun itself can be had without much fuss though like you're saying, but the real problem is getting ammo. I've never seen a box of 5.7x28 local and it's not the easiest round to come by on the internet either.

Cory, the grip is quite a bit longer than a normal pistol to accommodate the 5.7 cartridge. It's definitely different to hold and it doesn't come up anything like my Glock, but wow is it lightweight and it does feel really good in my hand. If you have small hands it will be weird to hold. When I end up getting one and get used to pulling it up, it will be a really nice weapon. I immediately fell in love when I saw it.

coreyallan01 02-07-2014 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by strokin'_tatsch (Post 14044008)
They may make them a little while longer, but I wouldn't exactly call them popular. LOL The gun itself can be had without much fuss though like you're saying, but the real problem is getting ammo. I've never seen a box of 5.7x28 local and it's not the easiest round to come by on the internet either.

Cory, the grip is quite a bit longer than a normal pistol to accommodate the 5.7 cartridge. It's definitely different to hold and it doesn't come up anything like my Glock, but wow is it lightweight and it does feel really good in my hand. If you have small hands it will be weird to hold. When I end up getting one and get used to pulling it up, it will be a really nice weapon. I immediately fell in love when I saw it.

Yeah, I hear ya.. Like I said I did some speed reading on it, the rounds are in stock locally and my hands are a little larger than normal (I can palm a basketball) so I don't think that'll b an issue.. My buddy reloads so I'm interested in building some "special" rounds.. Looks like a fun gun to own..

strokin'_tatsch 02-07-2014 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by coreyallan01 (Post 14044029)
Yeah, I hear ya.. Like I said I did some speed reading on it, the rounds are in stock locally and my hands are a little larger than normal (I can palm a basketball) so I don't think that'll b an issue.. My buddy reloads so I'm interested in building some "special" rounds.. Looks like a fun gun to own..

Sounds like I need to live where you live. I have never seen any ammo locally and I go to all the gun shops on a regular basis, including the main shop the police use. LOL

I think I'll hold off on buying one quite yet. I have a lot of money to put into getting my SD up to snuff so I can quit screwing with it and get to work on other projects. When I do get a Five seveN, I'm definitely going to look into putting a suppressor on it. They are pretty loud little buggers.

Originally Posted by FI460 (Post 14044061)
That was my bad attempt at helping. Haha.

I'm typically the one who talks people into buying guns, but you asked for it.

Gotcha. LOL. I want that gun in a bad way, but it will need to wait. I'll probably end up having to get one on gun broker.

FI460 02-07-2014 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by strokin'_tatsch (Post 14044008)

That was my bad attempt at helping. Haha.

I'm typically the one who talks people into buying guns, but you asked for it :-X04.

coreyallan01 02-07-2014 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by strokin'_tatsch (Post 14044054)
Sounds like I need to live where you live. I have never seen any ammo locally and I go to all the gun shops on a regular basis, including the main shop the police use. LOL

I think I'll hold off on buying one quite yet. I have a lot of money to put into getting my SD up to snuff so I can quit screwing with it and get to work on other projects. When I do get a Five seveN, I'm definitely going to look into putting a suppressor on it. They are pretty loud little buggers.

Gotcha. LOL. I want that gun in a bad way, but it will need to wait. I'll probably end up having to get one on gun broker.

Well, I'm gunna have to look at the prices too, no way I'd pay full retail.. It'd have to be used.. Maine is a good place to live, live that is; not work...

strokin'_tatsch 02-07-2014 07:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yeah prices are kinda steep, but I'd pay it. The one I looked at is almost $1200.

Attachment 235794