Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum170/)
-   -   the official OBS diesel off topic thread (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1157402-the-official-obs-diesel-off-topic-thread.html)

DIYMechanic 11-12-2015 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by fordman67 (Post 15776827)
OK Nate. But the interior is already on the floor and windshield is out as well lol

Im going to be selIing my dads 93 gc for him here soon. What did you give for yours?
His has prob 250 m miles by now. Not new at all but it runs and drives...i have no idea what to ask . i was hoping for 7-800...am I high?

Progress pics are good too!

The Cheep cost me $650 but it's pretty rough. Guy had $800 on it and I talked him down to $650. It wasn't running properly when I got it (would die after about 10 minutes and wouldn't restart) and it's likely going to need a trans at some point, but at this juncture I think I'll just drive it til it blows. 283k miles..... might not be that long. :-X04 It's worth what I have in it and my commute to work is 4 miles now so I don't need anything fancy.

Hang in there, buddy. I know it's easy to get discouraged with things sometimes, but you're a blessed man. Things will come around eventually, it just takes time. I've been trying to be a lot more laid back about things here recently just so I don't drive myself (and everyone else) nuts from pushing things so hard. Gotta take it a day at a time and just do what you're able.

Originally Posted by madMatador78 (Post 15783581)
Aaron, what did you use to stick those emblems on there? I have a set I want to put on green, but I want to make sure they stay, never to come off again. lol.

I've used 3M emblem adhesive tape with good success for things like that. The key is to make sure you get the surfaces really good and clean. Clean them up with some paint thinner or rubbing alcohol. You only get one shot at getting it stuck on there straight....:-X18

Originally Posted by nateairman (Post 15784728)
Well my money tree died and I am hoping to have this thing working vs buy a new one. There have been no kabooms or other such nonsense just the fan doesn't always come on.

We talking the main fan (that blows the air through the ductwork) or the inducer fan motor on the burner? When it does work, does that model do a "preburn" where it runs the burner for a few seconds before it starts the fan? Some models do that to preheat the heat exchanger before they start moving air; it eliminates the cold blast of air that comes out of the ducts before the heat exchanger gets warm.

DIYMechanic 11-12-2015 06:24 AM

Nate, how comfortable are you with control wiring? I found a full manual with the wiring schematic. :cool:

Check it out here

Page 35 is the wiring schematic.

Let me know which fan it is that isn't starting and I'll do the best I can to help.

Edit: Just sent you a PM with my contact info. I'v been pretty spotty here on the site recently so that's a better guarantee that you'll get a hold of me.

oldbird1965 11-12-2015 09:34 AM

Nate to the rescue again, what a guy!!!!!

My new camper has hydraulic slides Nate, how good are you with hydraulics? LOL :)

DIYMechanic 11-12-2015 10:09 AM

Controls used to kind of be my thing Glenn, so whether it is HVAC, Lighting, Low Voltage systems, security, door access, or hydraulics, the controls are all more or less the same. The systems all work more or less the same regardless of what you hook up for them to control. I spent 11 years wiring low voltage controls of all kinds, and I had the opportunity to do a little bit of everything. It was good experience.

Talyn 11-12-2015 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by oldbird1965 (Post 15785424)
Nate to the rescue again, what a guy!!!!!

My new camper has hydraulic slides Nate, how good are you with hydraulics? LOL :)

Did you ever get the hydraullics straitened out on that thing?

El Camino Man 11-12-2015 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by madMatador78 (Post 15783350)
Lets fire up that 440 volt in the mill or whatever it is, I'm sure it will be fine. Mouse nests included. lol.

Im sure the second I threw that massive switch, the mill would burn to the ground lol

Im no help on HVAC.. or any other kind of carpentry work lol.

Talyn 11-12-2015 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by DIYMechanic (Post 15785511)
Controls used to kind of be my thing Glenn, so whether it is HVAC, Lighting, Low Voltage systems, security, door access, or hydraulics, the controls are all more or less the same. The systems all work more or less the same regardless of what you hook up for them to control. I spent 11 years wiring low voltage controls of all kinds, and I had the opportunity to do a little bit of everything. It was good experience.

Little bit of jealousy there on that one.

oldbird1965 11-12-2015 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Talyn (Post 15785664)
Did you ever get the hydraullics straitened out on that thing?

Yes I did William. The old camper that is going up for sale soon was electric slides. I switched the big slides motor with the little slides motor and all was good. One other thing that was done is to replace the control box itself. The new used camper I just got is all hydraulic, slides and leveling system. Good to see you back.

DIYMechanic 11-13-2015 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by El Camino Man (Post 15785879)

This made me laugh out loud.

Originally Posted by Talyn (Post 15786108)
Little bit of jealousy there on that one.

It wasn't a terrible way to spend 11 years of my life.... ;)

cowmilker08 11-13-2015 08:49 AM

Deer firearms season opens in the morning!

dclack 11-13-2015 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by dclack (Post 15781230)
Does anybody have a diagram showing frame dimensions? Really just looking for the front frame width, but everything I keep finding is for the wrong years.

Somebody on here has to have a frame diagram? Or at least know the inside and outside width of the front frame horns. :confused:

madMatador78 11-13-2015 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by El Camino Man (Post 15785879)

You and I are the same in this regard. Lol.

El Camino Man 11-13-2015 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by dclack (Post 15787977)
Somebody on here has to have a frame diagram? Or at least know the inside and outside width of the front frame horns. :confused:

Im no help on engineering either lol. Did you try googling it? Sometimes you get lucky

Hydraulic leveling? Whoa! Now that's sweet! Is it automatic like those fancy RVs?

lee00 11-13-2015 02:04 PM

Good news ... funds are available...rebuild finally begins!

dclack 11-13-2015 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by El Camino Man (Post 15788401)
Im no help on engineering either lol. Did you try googling it? Sometimes you get lucky.

Tried that. Can't seem to find the right one.