Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum170/)
-   -   the official OBS diesel off topic thread (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1157402-the-official-obs-diesel-off-topic-thread.html)

liftnw8z 07-17-2015 08:14 AM

If I go for a full on repaint on my OBS, it's either going to be blue like that, or toreador red. I just love those two colors for some reason...that and black, but I don't need another black truck.

oldbird1965 07-17-2015 08:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Looking back when I posted the burn pictures I should have said "RRE or bust"! I was on the way to RRE, I told Aaron I had some stuff to take to auction and wouldn't leave until Wed but got that done quick so we left a 1:30 PM for RRE on Tue. Shi! happens.

Still pouring so I took a picture out the window. Before leaving I should have grabbed my ball hitch off the mule, his was way to high for towing the Geo back. I also forgot the plug in adapter for the seven to four pin for lights. I just went for it!

Attachment 236043

BBslider001 07-17-2015 08:39 AM

Wow Glenn, that is a great find! Maybe this is all a blessing in disguise? Are you ok going to the EC from the CC and losing the room? I am also echoing Nate's sentiments here on the Stage 1s. That is one nice truck!

Hussler 07-17-2015 09:01 AM

Glenn, sorry to hear about the fire. Please keep investigating for the cause if possible as this is scary stuff. I think we all would feel better if the root cause is determined. I know when I'm driving now I'm sniffing for electrical shorts ... :-hair

liftnw8z 07-17-2015 09:04 AM

I have 2 of these on the way as insurance. Hope I never need to pull them.

And yes, I got purdy ones because that's how I do things lol.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/htr-mx250b/overview/

RÖENTGEEP 07-17-2015 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by oldbird1965 (Post 15507582)
Looking back when I posted the burn pictures I should have said "RRE or bust"! I was on the way to RRE, I told Aaron I had some stuff to take to auction and wouldn't leave until Wed but got that done quick so we left a 1:30 PM for RRE on Tue. Shi! happens.

Still pouring so I took a picture out the window. Before leaving I should have grabbed my ball hitch off the mule, his was way to high for towing the Geo back. I also forgot the plug in adapter for the seven to four pin for lights. I just went for it!

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/...ps7e740382.jpg

Glenn, congrats, I miss the other pics in the link you posted (erased) but I like the BIG BLUE :-X22 and agree with you about the gold color, I also dont like that.

Originally Posted by BBslider001 (Post 15507605)
Wow Glenn, that is a great find! Maybe this is all a blessing in disguise? Are you ok going to the EC from the CC and losing the room? I am also echoing Nate's sentiments here on the Stage 1s. That is one nice truck!

X2 ??

:-drink

427 fordman 07-17-2015 12:31 PM

That is a great looking truck Glenn! Congrats on finding it. It's too bad you had to go buy another one, but sure looks like you found a nice one.

Is the frame as clean as the rest of it? Just wondering what it looks like underneath being from the rust belt, even though it wasn't really driven much in winters.

tshrager 07-17-2015 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by 427 fordman (Post 15508080)
That is a great looking truck Glenn! Congrats on finding it. It's too bad you had to go buy another one, but sure looks like you found a nice one.

Is the frame as clean as the rest of it? Just wondering what it looks like underneath being from the rust belt, even though it wasn't really driven much in winters.

X2 Glenn. What a great looking truck!

F350-6 07-17-2015 08:21 PM

Good choice Glenn. I always loved those color trucks. I guess Blue isn't as popular as it used to be.

Just for the heck of it, I'll update you on our 550 at work. It was taken to a Ford commercial dealer. F250 is the smallest thing they work on and all the guys are diesel techs.

They're not sure what's wrong with the truck buy have gotten permission from Ford to pull the motor and tear into it to see what's going on. Be at least 2 weeks they said. Being done under warranty so we said take your time, just get it right.

oldbird1965 07-17-2015 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by BBslider001 (Post 15507605)

Thanks Byron but its not a blessing even though I really like big blue. Went out to the tow yard again today it breaks my heart. Its like a nightmare that turned out to be true. That's a interesting question, we will miss the CC but the more room you have the more junk you carry LOL. Stage 1's for sure!

Originally Posted by Hussler (Post 15507650)
Glenn, sorry to hear about the fire. Please keep investigating for the cause if possible as this is scary stuff. I think we all would feel better if the root cause is determined. I know when I'm driving now I'm sniffing for electrical shorts ... :-hair

Thanks Jim, its funny though because I've smelled that electrical smell a lot of the time. Its always someone else until it happens to you. I want to know more then anybody what happened. Monday I'm having the motor and trans pulled, maybe I'll see something.

Originally Posted by liftnw8z (Post 15507660)
I have 2 of these on the way as insurance. Hope I never need to pull them.

And yes, I got purdy ones because that's how I do things lol.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/htr-mx250b/overview/

Wow, I didn't know they were that much Bill.

Originally Posted by RÖENTGEEP (Post 15508029)
Glenn, congrats, I miss the other pics in the link you posted (erased) but I like the BIG BLUE :-X22 and agree with you about the gold color, I also dont like that.

X2 ??

:-drink

Thanks Jose, I'm sure it will grow on me just like that raspberry color Geo I have.

Originally Posted by 427 fordman (Post 15508080)

Thanks Darin, I tell myself its a 'replacement' LOL! I crawled under and it looks good. This guy bought it from a AZ owner in 2006.

Originally Posted by tshrager (Post 15508969)
X2 Glenn. What a great looking truck!

Thanks Todd, I'm slowly getting a plan together, I think!

oldbird1965 07-17-2015 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by F350-6 (Post 15509065)
Good choice Glenn. I always loved those color trucks. I guess Blue isn't as popular as it used to be.

Just for the heck of it, I'll update you on our 550 at work. It was taken to a Ford commercial dealer. F250 is the smallest thing they work on and all the guys are diesel techs.

They're not sure what's wrong with the truck buy have gotten permission from Ford to pull the motor and tear into it to see what's going on. Be at least 2 weeks they said. Being done under warranty so we said take your time, just get it right.

Thanks interesting Chris, so many times they just want to put a bandaid on it and kick you out the door. I guess I'm just a sucker for OBS's, my wife found it. She gets the credit, I didn't even want to look but being in a campground with a 16K 5er you finally realize the 2K Geo isn't going to pull it, LOL It only took me 2 days to find a replacement thanks to my researcher.

oldbird1965 07-17-2015 09:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 236044

Anybody know what this red light is, its on all the time when your driving? I asked the guy I bought it from and he didn't know which I find strange. Its funny though, my Geo has one too but it only lights when you open and close the door. My guess is some sort of after market alarm system that doesn't work anymore, IDK. haha, watch, it will go off and I won't know how to shut it off!!

Edit: just took the dog out for her duties and noticed the red light is still on.

FI460 07-17-2015 11:15 PM

Glad to see you're already into something Glenn. Being stuck sucks. Looks like you got a heck of a truck!

fordman67 07-17-2015 11:26 PM

Glenn.that's "babe" the big blue ox!!!!!!! That's my submission to the name that truck contest!

My favorite color that blue is!

My 230/100s and 468 sure pull like a beast I will say that!

tshrager 07-17-2015 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by oldbird1965 (Post 15509199)
Thanks Byron but its not a blessing even though I really like big blue. Went out to the tow yard again today it breaks my heart. Its like a nightmare that turned out to be true. That's a interesting question, we will miss the CC but the more room you have the more junk you carry LOL. Stage 1's for sure!

Thanks Jim, its funny though because I've smelled that electrical smell a lot of the time. Its always someone else until it happens to you. I want to know more then anybody what happened. Monday I'm having the motor and trans pulled, maybe I'll see something.

Wow, I didn't know they were that much Bill.

Thanks Jose, I'm sure it will grow on me just like that raspberry color Geo I have.

Thanks Darin, I tell myself its a 'replacement' LOL! I crawled under and it looks good. This guy bought it from a AZ owner in 2006.

Thanks Todd, I'm slowly getting a plan together, I think!

Take your time with the plan Glenn. There's no need to rush into anything. And like I've said, you have my number if you need anything.