Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum31/)
-   -   Installed my John Woods Valve Body WOW! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1156482-installed-my-john-woods-valve-body-wow.html)

Chipworkz 04-19-2012 11:21 PM

Installed my John Woods Valve Body WOW!

As the title says, one of the many things I just did was install the John Woods valve body in my e99 truck. I also used the Mobil 1 synthetic fluid, added my radiator with OTW cooler and installed the 6.0 cooler. These other things I don't contribute to the shifting performance but were changed at the same time.

I got everything put back together and took it for a test drive. MAN what a difference. From the first shift I could feel a difference. The shifts are very fast but not harsh at all. Before if would take a couple of seconds to shift between gears but now it is instant! Whether I am giving it light throttle or WOT, it shifts the same with no harshness.

I had read where a few people said they didn't notice any difference and others said it really worked. Well for me, this is now how the truck should have been from the factory. It just works and work right!

If your transmission is stock and slow to shift between gears, this is WELL worth every penny.

Oh and I got it from Riffraff. :D

cutlass 04-20-2012 12:00 AM

Great news! I'm looking forward to putting on my John Wood valve body when I get my truck up and running again. I can't wait to experience my transmission shift how you described.

Drake

miller_feed 04-20-2012 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Chipworkz (Post 11732921)
As the title says, one of the many things I just did was install the John Woods valve body in my e99 truck. I also used the Mobil 1 synthetic fluid, added my radiator with OTW cooler and installed the 6.0 cooler. These other things I don't contribute to the shifting performance but were changed at the same time.

I got everything put back together and took it for a test drive. MAN what a difference. From the first shift I could feel a difference. The shifts are very fast but not harsh at all. Before if would take a couple of seconds to shift between gears but now it is instant! Whether I am giving it light throttle or WOT, it shifts the same with no harshness.

I had read where a few people said they didn't notice any difference and others said it really worked. Well for me, this is now how the truck should have been from the factory. It just works and work right!

If your transmission is stock and slow to shift between gears, this is WELL worth every penny.

Oh and I got it from Riffraff. :D

Congrats.

If you think your trans shifts good now, get his built trans, then you will be excited. :-X22

JonathanN 04-20-2012 09:43 AM

I love mine... that coupled with Jody's tunes (he and John Wood work together) burnt especially for the valve body makes for an unreal combo.