Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Georgia Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum82/)
-   -   Good Morning!!! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1156043-good-morning.html)

Grubbworm 04-18-2012 07:26 AM

Good Morning!!!

Good Morning everyone!! How is your day going? I hope everyone is having a Wonderful Wednesday!!:-wink

Dorsai 04-18-2012 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Grubbworm (Post 11724472)
Good Morning everyone!! How is your day going? I hope everyone is having a Wonderful Wednesday!!:-wink

A little damp, but otherwise...so far, so good. :)

Grubbworm 04-18-2012 11:16 AM

My new Hitachi gas yard blower showed up at work on UPS today. I can't wait to get some gas in it and check it out. WooooHooooo.:-X22

ChiefM 04-18-2012 12:40 PM

I miss working in my yard. We are moving out with mother in-law, I will have 6 acres to take of now. :(

Grubbworm 04-19-2012 07:34 AM

Good Morning Everyone. I sure hope you are all having a Terrific Thursday.

koolchange 04-19-2012 07:55 AM

Hooray Thursday! I found my phone in the Driveway. It spent all day getting a rainwater rinse. I ran over it on the way out yesterday, and when I backed in to the driveway last night. After digging it out of the Mud brought it in cleaned it, and I think I improved the Ringtone. I guess that Kevlar Jacket that I spent over $100.00 on was worth it after all. :-jammin

Morning Yall

82f100460 04-19-2012 08:11 AM

Good day so far....my kids are here visiting for the week so I took the week off. Went last night and watched the Braves spank the Mets!!! That's always good.

Got some new gages and a tach I'm gonna try to put into the truck today...and looking at dropping the C6 pan and changing the filter/fluid...and fix the leak on the shifter/kickdown linkage.

Grubbworm 04-19-2012 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by 82f100460 (Post 11729127)
Good day so far....my kids are here visiting for the week so I took the week off. Went last night and watched the Braves spank the Mets!!! That's always good.

Got some new gages and a tach I'm gonna try to put into the truck today...and looking at dropping the C6 pan and changing the filter/fluid...and fix the leak on the shifter/kickdown linkage.

I listened to the game on the radio yesterday at work. Was it a double header? I listened to the 12:00 game (Braves 14 - Mets 6).

82f100460 04-19-2012 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Grubbworm (Post 11729140)
I listened to the game on the radio yesterday at work. Was it a double header? I listened to the 12:00 game (Braves 14 - Mets 6).

no double header...just a day game. They have a few of them scattered thoughout the year. Next one is on May 2nd I believe...will likely go to that one as well. They're off to Arizona for a 4 game series against the D-Backs starting tonight

koolchange 04-19-2012 08:20 AM

Yep it is good to see the Braves come out of the Gate Hot. It's always nice to see them spank the Mets!

Hey Grubb: You may even get a chance to use that new Weed Wacker Saturday Morning. If you run out of areas to test it out in I could give you directions to my place. :D

Grubbworm 04-19-2012 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by koolchange (Post 11729161)
Yep it is good to see the Braves come out of the Gate Hot. It's always nice to see them spank the Mets!

Hey Grubb: You may even get a chance to use that new Weed Wacker Saturday Morning. If you run out of areas to test it out in I could give you directions to my place. :D

Any day the Braves beat the Mets is a good day.

We are probably going to Lowes and get the Husqvarna 128DL tonight. As long as the weather is decent, I will try it out this weekend. I have at least two to three days worth of weed-eating left to do in my woods, and I am going to try and cram it all into one day. I figure if it is going to tear-up, it will do it then. I am not that easy on my weed-eaters. I will also try out my new Hitachi gas blower that just came in yesterday. I am hoping for the best with both of these.
And, I could come and help you out. But, just so you know, I am easy, but not free, and I am not cheap either.;)

ChiefM 04-19-2012 09:18 AM

We have a Husqvarna leaf blower at work and you can't kill that thing. I think that spring and summer is not coming here this year, I am sick of the cold, wet and no green trees.

koolchange 04-19-2012 09:26 AM

I hear you Grubb. I am torn this Saturday between Yardwork and cleaning the gunk out of the front end and firewall of Blue. I noticed the Mechanic has the old 360 yanked and put in and put in his 1 ton flatbed. The man is 76 years old and moves like a Cat. He yanked both my Motor and the Motor in the Donor Vehicle by himself. Jeez I hope I can walk at that age.

Hey Chief, Haven't you really seen enough Kosovo Springs.

Grubbworm 04-19-2012 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by ChiefM (Post 11729335)
We have a Husqvarna leaf blower at work and you can't kill that thing. I think that spring and summer is not coming here this year, I am sick of the cold, wet and no green trees.

I almost bought the Husqvarna gas blower, but the Hitachi has a 7-year consumer warranty, the Husqvarna only has a 2-year warranty. They both appear to be about the same quality, and both had high ratings, only time will tell. I think there was only about a $10 difference between the two of them.

Grubbworm 04-19-2012 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by koolchange (Post 11729366)
I hear you Grubb. I am torn this Saturday between Yardwork and cleaning the gunk out of the front end and firewall of Blue.

I really only weed-eat the woods around my yard twice a year, and I try to do a very thorough job when I do it.

Originally Posted by koolchange (Post 11729366)
I noticed the Mechanic has the old 360 yanked and put in and put in his 1 ton flatbed. The man is 76 years old and moves like a Cat. He yanked both my Motor and the Motor in the Donor Vehicle by himself. Jeez I hope I can walk at that age.

We have an 86 (I think) year old guy that comes in here to pickup for a local dealer. He thinks nothing of throwing an 80 pound compressor on the back of the stake-bed. He's told us about him and his brother getting up at 2am during the week to hunt for a coyote that was bothering some of their stuff, they finally got him too. I sure hope that I can do half of what he does at that age.