Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Georgia Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum82/)
-   -   Free Beer and Pretty Girls (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1153512-free-beer-and-pretty-girls.html)

ChiefM 04-07-2012 06:06 AM

Free Beer and Pretty Girls

Ok now that I have your attention,

I would like to hear from people. What do you think we need to do to get this forum kicking again ???

It seems like there use to be some interaction and the sticker thing looked like it was going to be a hit, then nothing. I think we should really get that going again. I have the time to devote to this right now. I want to hear from YOU. Did you see a cool truck and put a spotters card on it?

I know I am going to be on the hunt for some stuf when I get back home, may do a little scrounging when I am home on leave next month. If you are looking for or need something, PM or email or just post to the monthly chat, I will be more than glad to help you locate it.

Pop in the monthy chat and just say HI, give an update on what you are doing to your truck. I love looking and hearing about it, I can't wait to get home and working on mine.

Thanks and hope you are having a great weekend.
Happy Easter

c125bob 04-07-2012 07:47 AM

You got my attention ! I'm hopeful we can get the chapter active and interesting. My truck is doing one of it's 2 jobs right now, Turkey hunting. The other job is towing our 5th wheel camper. I'm old so I'm not much into hot rodding (maybe a little) or modding the truck much more. It has served me well and at 218 k miles it's still runs like it always has.

I hope everyone has a great Easter, we have 45 people coming here tomorrow for the annual egg hunt and a great lunch. We have a whole crop of toddlers and veteran egg hunters this year. My wife has had me working like a Hebrew slave for the past week cleaning, yard work etc. She says it's stuff we had to do anyway but....... we'd not be doing it during Turkey season if it was left up to me.

ChiefM 04-07-2012 08:24 AM

Hey Bob!!
Sounds like an awesome Easter at your place. I am deployed so I am going to church and then a 5K fun run. I miss working out in the yard. Going to start fixing up my winnebago for next years camping when I get back. I will have to split my time between the truck and Winne.

c125bob 04-07-2012 05:03 PM

I was thinking, I'm pretty active on the 7.3 board. I'm sure we have Ga, chapter folks that are active on some boads as well. Maybe we could do some promoting on the boards we are on and drum up some business. I'm willing to put a post or two out there if we can get some interesting stuff started to get folks to join and take part. No reason we couldn't be the best state chapter out there !

JumpinJoe 04-11-2012 07:57 PM

Howdy from Paulding County

One way to kick-start GA membership is a howdy. Thanks for reaching out to me! I'm Joe (if you couldn't tell from my handle).

Also, having cool members like c125bob, whoose post here in this thread was number 6 6 6 by the way }>

ChiefM 04-11-2012 11:44 PM

Howdy Joe,
Welcome aboard !!!! We re not so sure of that Bob fella yet and I have my eye on him....:) Good to have you here !!!!

siloketh 04-13-2012 11:04 AM

My real name is Dan, i frequent the bullnose section of FTE. Never saw much activity here in this area so i never visited much unless i recievex a reply from a post. Hopefully we can get more SEGA FTE members in here

ChiefM 04-13-2012 11:09 AM

Welcome Dan,
It is picking up and with you now stopping in we have one more. Hope to get the Georgia FTE busy and exciting.

There is someone else here from Brunswick....Southern Bronco but I see you found him already...

Grubbworm 04-13-2012 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by JumpinJoe (Post 11697041)
One way to kick-start GA membership is a howdy. Thanks for reaching out to me! I'm Joe (if you couldn't tell from my handle).

Also, having cool members like c125bob, whoose post here in this thread was number 6 6 6 by the way }>

JumpinJoe, I am in Acworth. Where are you in Dallas? We have another member there in Dallas too 82f100460 (Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums - View Profile: 82f100460).

ChiefM 04-13-2012 11:29 AM

I can feel the male bonding already :)

c125bob 04-13-2012 04:27 PM

OK Chief...... can't a fella go Turkey hunting once and a while? I leave for a couple of days and when I get back I'm a suspect ! :D I get it, I'll try to check in more often. As soon as we get some more junk on here I'm gonna try to get some of the guys on the 7.3 (best engine ever made) thread to join us so we can teach them about how to do right !!!

ChiefM 04-13-2012 10:10 PM

In my line of work we do not trust anyone. :) Glad you took some MAN time, Hope you had some luck. Because of carrying a rife and field exercises I never got into hunting or camping.

Glad to know you like the way the forum is turning out, me too. :)

c125bob 04-14-2012 09:45 AM

Chattahoochee Hills Ga. is near Newnan and Palmetto. We are one of those "new" cites that sprung up in Fulton County. Oh..... and it wasn't to recognize the excellant job of throwing away money that Fulton Co. is so famous for. Nobody believes there is still some "country" left in Fulton but there is and this is it !!

tablesaw 06-20-2012 07:49 PM

Hi folks. Just got my f250 a couple of weeks ago and I've been mostly watching the SD and 5.4 forums. There's no shortage of Ford trucks here in Milledgeville. Might be an unofficial requirement to live here. Just thought I'd say Hi and I'll start checking in here too. A little disappointed about the free beer and pretty girls. :)

ChiefM 06-20-2012 11:14 PM

Hey tablesaw and welcome,
Hey I had to try and get people to look, a little under the table tactics I guess. Hey it got you to look...:) I think you have to own a truck to live in most places in Georgia. Still hope to get a big once a year gathering or at least some a few small local get together's. My hands are kinda tied until I get back to the states in October.

Hope to see you in our monthly chat threads !!!